Page 119 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2505

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    Can anyone point me to story arcs where Tony is forced fight in or use an older armor over a more advanced one?
    I seem to recall a storyline by Quesada where Tony's most advanced armor actually comes to life and he has to use older armors to defeat it.... I think...?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Huh, I wonder what necessitated the change, although Slott and Gage are frequent collaborators.
    Hopefully, Zub's just about to have another new book announced, besides Agents of Wakanda and Dungeons and Dragons. Otherwise it makes little sense, considering he's a book down with Champions axed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I seem to recall a storyline by Quesada where Tony's most advanced armor actually comes to life and he has to use older armors to defeat it.... I think...?
    Correct. It was in Quesada's epic story-line known as The Mask in the Iron Man, wherein Tony fought in his old modular armor and then received a severe "dressing down" from his A.I.-powered advanced armor.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 09-06-2019 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

Just had an earth-shattering realization that Gage is going to be writing "Hank" again and I feel like my eyes are only now open.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

The change is because Zub is leaving for another Marvel book. But it's not from the Avengers Office. Spoooooky...

https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/1170122722921373696

Really like Gages writing. So I’m not upset in the least. Looking forward to see his influence on the book.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Really like Gages writing. So I’m not upset in the least. Looking forward to see his influence on the book.
    Good rapport from all the Spidey work together. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The change is because Zub is leaving for another Marvel book. But it's not from the Avengers Office. Spoooooky...

https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/1170122722921373696
    He said before Wakanda was announced that two Marvel books would be announced in the summer. I suspected the second one would be Alpha Flight, which is an X office title.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Just read Web of Black Widow #1 and Tony has a cool appearance in it. He’s written in character and what was an added bonus was that they drew the armor just like the draw it in Tony’s book. So hopefully everyone has the memo now.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by God
    What's going on with Iron Man now? Recently, he's been dealing with his alcoholism again, lost longtime collaborator Jocasta and found out about his evil "brother," Arno Stark. On the bright side, he's dating Janet Van Dyne.

(Reader note: Originally conceived as a successor of Tony Stark, Arno Stark was created by Tom DeFalco and Herbe Trimpe in Machine Man 2020 #2 in 1984. In 2013, the character was rebooted by Kieron Gillen and Dale Eaglesham as Howard and Maria Stark's true biological son, making Tony adopted.)

SLOTT: Well, we're going to the year 2020 and if you know your lore, that's where to look. I read the "Machine Man" and all of the 2020 appearances in the Spider-Man annuals. For the most part, we can't do what they did. For the same reason, if you're in the year 1983 you can't write a futuristic story about 1984.

What we're doing has to be new but it obviously has to touch upon the original books. We'll be playing off what Keiron Gillen did with the character, using that iconography and playing with your expectations about 2020. It'll be weird.

We're also coming up on Ultron/Pym in the Ultron Agenda. So, you'll have an Iron Man throw down and of course, Wasp will be there as well as Ultron's bride, Jocasta. Of course, Ultron/Pym cares about Jocasta on one side and Janet on the other. What do you do?
    https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/fantas...ng-for-decades

Zub's not done with Shellhead after all. He's leaving Slott's book to do a Gamerverse one!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Zub's not done with Shellhead after all. He's leaving Slott's book to do a Gamerverse one!
    It would be hilarious if that comic had a Janet cameo or something, since it'll have Whirlwind. He's been writing Janet a lot in the last couple of years

If Janet's in the Avengers game there's a good chance she'll be in that comic too.

This isn't his bucket list book, needless to say. That'll be announced in November for a February release. He also has another secret mini out in December which we'll hear about later this week.
    https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/1171463142871687168

If Janet's in the Avengers game there's a good chance she'll be in that comic too.

This isn't his bucket list book, needless to say. That'll be announced in November for a February release. He also has another secret mini out in December which we'll hear about later this week.
    I think it's safe to predict she is in the game, likely an NPC, likely together with Hank.
    They might want to reveal big stuff like that outside of comics though. Characters that might appear here might actually not be in the games, kind of like some comics that lead up to movies.

Excited to know his other projects

I’ll be checking out the prequel book for sure. Sounds exciting.