Page 109 of 167 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2505

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    The whole thing with the Illuminati acting like genius level idiots as well - firing the Hulk into space, and then everything with the Incursions leading up to Secret War. While other people were actually trying to save the universe, Tony and Steve were shown to be fixated on beating the hell out of each other.

You'd think CW2 would have helped, but all Marvel seemed to want to do with that was to push how awesome Carol was after she blew him up. Never mind that Tony was in the right all along, and as far as I can tell the only discussion they had about it since was her saying she apologizes for nothing.

I honestly think some writers have the rest of the MU show more respect for Dr Doom than Tony.
    I love the Illuminati as I think that's one of the best things Bendis created, but I totally agree about CWII. Carol had the nerve in Avengers to tell Tony he should apologize to her!!!! The gall she had asking for that.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I love the Illuminati as I think that's one of the best things Bendis created, but I totally agree about CWII. Carol had the nerve in Avengers to tell Tony he should apologize to her!!!! The gall she had asking for that.
    Sadly Aaron has a bit of a track record with making male characters look bad to elevate female counterparts.

But yes, don’t count on ever seeing a writer have Carol admit she screwed the pooch on that one. You’ll hear Doom apologise to Reed Richards for getting the math wrong first.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

I was wrong, Tony? Sorry I blew you up, Tony?

Nah. This.

D72D1441-6F55-4156-A827-58C7B17601E0.jpg
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Nah. This.

Boiiiii this is so bad and frustrating

Nah. This.

Or how about, "Thank you for bringing Rhodey back from the dead, Tony! The man I love would have remained dead forever without your scientific brilliance, Tony!" ?
    Last edited by MichaelC; 08-20-2019 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Or how about, "Thank you for bringing Rhodey back from the dead, Tony! The man I love would have remained dead forever without your scientific brilliance, Tony!" ?
    If ever there was a "relationship" that was thrown together it was Rhodey and Carol.

They fridged him just to give her some emotional boost.

She hasn't asked Tony about Rhodey once since he's been back.

Let's all agree that they never were together, that it didn't happen.

Nah. This.

If Tony ever did go full villain, they would all be truly afraid.

Nah, if Stark went full villain they'd just take turns casually beating him and casually ripping off his faceplate, even though the only characters who should be strong enough to do that are the sorts of guys who can rip of Thing's face.

Nah, if Stark went full villain they'd just take turns casually beating him and casually ripping off his faceplate, even though the only characters who should be strong enough to do that are the sorts of guys who can rip of Thing's face.
    One word: Doombots.

Tony can already remotely control all of his armors so they'd never know if they were facing the real Tony.

Plus Tony can build some really devastating weapons.

Preach it brother. Preach it. I’ve been saying the exact same thing! She is so ungrateful it’s not even funny.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    If Tony ever did go full villain, they would all be truly afraid.
    Just a dose of Superior Iron Man should let them know that if Tony went bad that they would all be in trouble.

The only one he was actually allowed to defeat in that story was Daredevil, which tells you how little Marvel thinks of him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    If ever there was a "relationship" that was thrown together it was Rhodey and Carol.

They fridged him just to give her some emotional boost.

She hasn't asked Tony about Rhodey once since he's been back.

Let's all agree that they never were together, that it didn't happen.
    They are together in the this month in Captain Marvel #9

Extraordinary Member

Just to show what is actually possible when the writer puts in some effort, here is a decent bit if Tony and Carol characterisation from last years Life Of Captain Marvel.

FECDEA41-4AD5-46C0-9BA6-A64F34033AB3.jpg

By Margaret Stohl. Not the current CM writer Kelly Thompson, who has the girls dumping on Tony and stealing his stuff.

Edit: also this, same issue

E255A613-12A2-474C-8598-0324CFE046BF.jpg
    Last edited by brettc1; 08-20-2019 at 02:04 PM.

It's too small. I can't make out any of the dialogue. Do you have a bigger version of that picture?

Edit: same deal with the new picture you edited in: I can't make out any of the dialogue; too small.
    Last edited by MichaelC; 08-20-2019 at 02:06 PM.