Page 27 of 167 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

I wonder what RDJ is going to do?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    Saw this on Reddit.

50 armors in 11 years. That's quite a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    Saw this on Reddit.

This kind of makes me feel bad for all the armors that got sacrificed in Iron Man 3 .

iMan 42s

Anybody play that Iron man 3 temple run game? I remember playing a ton of that and using Python.

It's a shame Iron man 3's toyline (at least in 6 inches) didn't include many of these. Only ending up reusing assets and making inaccurate suits as a result. I would've loved to see something like Mark 39 (Gemin/starboost) get featured and yet instead we got an inaccurate Disco.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I wonder what RDJ is going to do?
    I think they'll take Steve and Tony off the table for a while and do New Avengers. They could end it with Cap, Thor and Tony along with a few other heroes sacrificing themselves to beat Thanos and getting trapped in another universe ala' Heroes Reborn. A few years pass by with the New Avengers then comes a major threat and they eventually bring back the Big 3 with new actors.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I think they'll take Steve and Tony off the table for a while and do New Avengers. They could end it with Cap, Thor and Tony along with a few other heroes sacrificing themselves to beat Thanos and getting trapped in another universe ala' Heroes Reborn. A few years pass by with the New Avengers then comes a major threat and they eventually bring back the Big 3 with new actors.
    I know RDJ has to leave, but I’m greedy lol. I’m not ready for him to go. I will of course still watch the movies, but it won’t be the same for me without RDJ/Iron Man.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I'll be posting some cool pics I have with Iron Man.
    50431475_146525763012451_2743285621584822272_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    i'm going to make a wild prediction. Colin Farrell is going to be the next Tony Stark.

I don't think Farrell would work unless they want to make Tony genuinely sleezey. The thing about Stark is, you need to believe that the playboy thing is a thin act, a defensive armor created by someone who is really very lonely. RDJ is great at conveying that. Farrell, though, gives off a vibe of being actually sleezey. I thought he was great at playing Jerry Dandrige for that reason. But Stark? I don't see it.

iMan 42s

I'd prefer it if future Iron men are all different characters. Allowing more freedom in portrayals is a must because nobody is going to be able to overshadow RDJ any time soon.

We still got Rhodey to potentially take over and if not him, they've got access to Iron Lad and Doctor Doom. Both of which have ability to come into it over the course of a character arc. Arno Stark isn't possible to be the Iron man of 2020, but we've also got Iron man 2093 who was part of a traveling adventure with Tony and Doctor Doom.

I'm ignoring guys like Guardsman, Riri, or even Lila Rhodes primarily because whatever comes next absolutely has to shift things over to avoid comparisons to RDJ's portrayal. Something modern no matter how "in" it might be would just draw comparisons, and whatever the future has in store it's going to be scrutinized so I say just go for something out there.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

TONY STARK: IRON MAN #12
    GAIL SIMONE (W) • PAOLO VILLANELLI (A)
    Cover by ALEXANDER LOZANO
    MARVEL BATTLE LINES VARIANT COVER BY NEXON
    WAR OF THE REALMS TIE-IN!
    A war needs weapons — but Tony Stark once vowed that he’d never build weapons again!
    So why’s he hunkered down with Screwbeard the Dwarf in Avengers Mountain? And what is he making?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

AVENGERS #19
    JASON AARON (W) • ED MCGUINNESS (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY NICK BRADSHAW
    MARVEL BATTLE LINES VARIANT COVER BY MAXX LIM
    WAR OF THE REALMS TIE-IN!
    Avengers Mountain is under siege as the last stronghold of Earth’s heroes is the subject of an all-out assault by the forces of Malekith!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$7.99

MARVEL TALES: IRON MAN #1
    STAN LEE, LARRY LIEBER, ROBERT BERNSTEIN, BOB LAYTON & DAVID MICHELINIE (W)
    DON HECK & JOHN ROMITA JR. (A)
    Cover by JEN BARTEL
    Virgin Variant Cover by Jen Bartel
    The gleaming Golden Avenger steals the show as we celebrate the 80th anniversary of the House of Ideas with the era-spanning MARVEL TALES! This anthology series shines a spotlight on fan-favorite characters, features timeless stories and highlights some of our most impressive talent from the past eight decades. First, Iron Man is born in the incredible origin story of Tony Stark, as told by Stan Lee, Larry Lieber and Don Heck in TALES OF SUSPENSE (1959) #39! Then, the unforgettable Pepper Potts enters Tony’s life as his hard-working assistant in TALES OF SUSPENSE (1959) #45! And, in IRON MAN (1968) #150, the team supreme of Bob Layton, David Michelinie and John Romita Jr. tell a Shell-Head story for the ages! Trapped in the time-lost land of King Arthur, Iron Man battles Doctor Doom!
    80 PGS./Rated T …$7.99

MARVEL TALES: AVENGERS #1
    STAN LEE, ROY THOMAS & ROGER STERN (W)
    JACK KIRBY & JOHN BUSCEMA (A)
    Cover by JEN BARTEL
    Virgin Variant Cover by Jen Bartel
    Earth’s Mightiest Heroes charge into action as we celebrate the 80th anniversary of the House of Ideas with the era-spanning MARVEL TALES! This anthology series shines a spotlight on fan-favorite characters, features timeless stories and highlights some of our most impressive talent from the past eight decades. First, the old order changeth for the very first time in AVENGERS (1963) #16, as the original team gives way — and Stan Lee and Jack Kirby assemble Captain America, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver as Cap’s Kooky Quartet! Then, in one of the greatest comic stories ever told, Roy Thomas and John Buscema introduce the most enigmatic android of all in AVENGERS (1963) #57 — behold, the Vision! Finally, in AVENGERS (1963) #264, crafted by Roger Stern and Buscema, meet the new Yellowjacket — who’s about to feel the full sting of the wondrous Wasp!
    80 PGS./Rated T …$7.99

Cover image

This image is with the description for Immortal Hulk, so I think it's the MARVEL BATTLE LINES VARIANT COVER.

IMMORTAL HULK #18
    AL EWING (W) • JOE BENNETT (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    MARVEL BATTLE LINES VARIANT COVER BY JONGJU KIM
    • Shadow Base has declared total war on Bruce Banner — and one by one, death is touching everyone he ever knew...
    • ...except for one. The one monster who never dies — who returns, again and again, to hate and destroy.
    • But it’s not the IMMORTAL HULK.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99