Page 123 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2505
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    That's one thing I like about Death Battle. They based the victory mainly on the skill & abilities of the characters. Not based on the characters popularity.

For a side note, what is the majority thought on "Iron Man 3"? Is it beloved in this board? How would people in this board rank the Iron Man movies?

When I met Bob Layton, he was not a fan of Iron Man 3. Interested to hear others opinions.
    The first IM is always the best and a favourite for me. I prefer the 3rd movie to the 2nd, largely for Tony's PTSD and his scenes with Ty. I tend to ignore the whole Mandarin fake out and due to having no comics background knowledge, I register zero internal rage against it. It's disappointing, sure because it reduced what could have been a great IM movie with a great villain (I mean they got Ben Kingsley in the MCU) into something mediocre for a lot of people.

Astonishing Member

This is so brilliant.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I love the Iron Man movies in the order they came out in, but unlike a lot of people I have a HUGE amount of love for Iron Man 2. Part 3 is mostly unlike for Tony not being in the armor much and the Mandarin twist. At least around most boards I see. I had a chance to meet Bob Layton and it was great. We didn't talk about the Iron Man movies. We talked most about Iron Man comics and our love for the character.
    I actually like Iron Man 2 & Iron Man 1 the best out of the Iron Man franchise. The bold and underlined portion of your quote is my biggest issue with Iron Man 3. I feel that IM 2 is the only movie in the Iron Man franchise were the armor was at full capacity throughout the movie. I just re-watched IM 3, and it's not the worst movie in the world, but definitely not on my top MCU movies. Mandarin was a waste and I felt like the suits were underutilized ( I mean in the 3rd act the extermis soldiers cut through the armor like it was paper).

i had no issue with Iron Man 3. people were angry about the fake out instead of giving Ben Kingsley props for making a phony so interesting that you wanted him to be real. this was a great showcase of Stark being just as formidable without the armor. and it was one of the rare times that a kid sidekick didn't bother me. i might have liked this one better than part 2.

I did like the exploration on Tony's PTSD in IM3. Also, I thought Mark 42 looked cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Nick Bradshaw

Nice, just missing the Black and Gold armor and the faceplate with the nose.

For a side note, what is the majority thought on "Iron Man 3"? Is it beloved in this board? How would people in this board rank the Iron Man movies?

When I met Bob Layton, he was not a fan of Iron Man 3. Interested to hear others opinions.
    I enjoyed it enough but I had some problems with it.

I did like the exploration on Tony's PTSD in IM3. Also, I thought Mark 42 looked cool.
    I loved it for 2 of these reasons as well.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

The Mark 42 was interesting but depiction-wise it came off as probably the weakest of Tony's Iron Man armors.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Mark 42 was interesting but depiction-wise it came off as probably the weakest of Tony's Iron Man armors.
    I think the suit looks cool, but it's wasn't as effective as other models. Which is why I said that IM 2 was the Iron Man movie that showed the armors at their best.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/09...ayed-december/

any thoughts I wanted a resolution to the whole hank pym thing cause like I'm pretty sure hes dead but like no one knows or cares
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post

any thoughts I wanted a resolution to the whole hank pym thing cause like I'm pretty sure hes dead but like no one knows or cares
    A lot of books are getting cancelled is my thought. Looks like Iron Man will be back in 2020, but this is part of a trend. MoonGirl, Dr. Strange, and now Iron Man. I expect those new Agents of Atlas solos to disappear too. Their sales are pretty low.

Looks like when Zub left, Slott brought in Gage to do the already solicited issues - but then it's over. Maybe Marvel yanked Slott off the book?

Is that 2020 event even still happening? I was expecting the relaunch to be AFTER that.

About Aero and Sword Master, they're translations of Chinese comics, remember. Even if the floppies get axed, they'll probably continue digitally or as graphic novels.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post

I doubt the book is actually "cancelled". It is probably just ending and relaunching--possibly as "IRON MAN 2020" or something along those lines, since Dan's storylines have been touching on a lot of elements of the Iron Man 2020 stories and he has made it clear he is building to something with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I doubt the book is actually "cancelled". It is probably just ending and relaunching--possibly as "IRON MAN 2020" or something along those lines, since Dan's storylines have been touching on a lot of elements of the Iron Man 2020 stories and he has made it clear he is building to something with it.
    Yeah, that's my thought as well: this is the beginning of Iron Man 2020.