Page 147 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 2308
  1. #2191
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    1 million B.C.E.
    Posts
    5,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He gives Ben a pep talk ("we just got the Fantastic Four back, we're not losing them now") and tries to obtain biological samples of the contagion to study so that the Avengers can cure the infected (which includes Reed, Sue, Johnny, Doctor Strange, Luke Cage, Cloak and Dagger, plus many civilians). But the last we see of Tony in issue 3, some of the spores are on his helmet... looks like he's about to be infected himself.
    So he’s in issues 2 and 3 or just 3?
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

  2. #2192
    Lazy Struggler BitParallel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Posts
    673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He gives Ben a pep talk ("we just got the Fantastic Four back, we're not losing them now") and tries to obtain biological samples of the contagion to study so that the Avengers can cure the infected (which includes Reed, Sue, Johnny, Doctor Strange, Luke Cage, Cloak and Dagger, plus many civilians). But the last we see of Tony in issue 3, some of the spores are on his helmet... looks like he's about to be infected himself.
    Tony careful now, he keeps wanting to help his friends and forgets about himself.

  3. #2193
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    18,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    So he’s in issues 2 and 3 or just 3?
    2 and 3, though his role is bigger in 3.

  4. #2194
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    1 million B.C.E.
    Posts
    5,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    2 and 3, though his role is bigger in 3.
    Thanks as always.
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

  5. #2195
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    1 million B.C.E.
    Posts
    5,236

    Default

    Anyone read toady's issue of Tony Stark Iron Man? How was it?
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

  6. #2196
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Anyone read toady's issue of Tony Stark Iron Man? How was it?
    Really good. Been enjoying the Ultron Agenda a lot and this keeps the momentum going. Great Rhodey moment at the end.

    This week's Avengers is important for Tony, by the way. It might give the reason why Arno is going to be filling in as IM for awhile - unless there's another reason to be given in the main book when UA ends.

  7. #2197
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    1 million B.C.E.
    Posts
    5,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Really good. Been enjoying the Ultron Agenda a lot and this keeps the momentum going. Great Rhodey moment at the end.

    This week's Avengers is important for Tony, by the way. It might give the reason why Arno is going to be filling in as IM for awhile - unless there's another reason to be given in the main book when UA ends.
    What happened to Tony in Avengers?
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

  8. #2198
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    What happened to Tony in Avengers?
    tony 1,000,000 bc

  9. #2199
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    tony 1,000,000 bc
    This would seem to be the most obvious way to have Tony out of the picture in the present for a bit, clearing the way for Arno, while not doing another "Death of Tony Stark" story that will get undone in a few months. It's just that he's occupied elsewhere and it won't be permanent but he's got his own story going on and in the meantime Arno's stepping in. I'd be surprised if this isn't exactly how it's going to go.

  10. #2200
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    1 million B.C.E.
    Posts
    5,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    tony 1,000,000 bc
    So they showed more of Tony being back in time in today's issue of Avengers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    This would seem to be the most obvious way to have Tony out of the picture in the present for a bit, clearing the way for Arno, while not doing another "Death of Tony Stark" story that will get undone in a few months. It's just that he's occupied elsewhere and it won't be permanent but he's got his own story going on and in the meantime Arno's stepping in. I'd be surprised if this isn't exactly how it's going to go.
    I hope you're right. I got a feeling it won't be.
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

  11. #2201
    iMan 42s
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,068

    Default

    Well Tony is currently fused to his suit and Arno specified he could fix this so I'd imagine that a lot of Iron man 2020 is going to be devoted to this. Avengers could play a role in this, but that being said it's also not happening in the Iron man book and you could easily just have Tony sit things out for six months for his current disfigurement. The Iron man readership just witnessed this so it doesn't make sense to set him aside for completely unrelated events. Sure the separation of Tony could occur by the end, but what about all of his internal organs and bones being mangled from this?

    Also as an aside, I do like the current issue and it finally feeling good to me (it isn't perfect but it does work). It's a damn shame that it's coming to a close for another six months of a replacement arc since it seems like it really is picking up steam again. Only thing I really don't like is Ultron and his scheme (still better than Uncanny Avengers even if it is derivative of 2-3 other Ultron plots) since not even Dan Slott can make Pymtron work. He did this during Rage of Ultron and was merged at the end of that book on accident by Vision. The only reason it seems the Avengers returned to normal in that book was due to Ultron fleeing after his encounter with Starfox. Sure it's not the same circumstances but a bit of continuity porn with Ultron's molecular rearranger (which is irrelevant since this Ultron is plated and not solid) seems odd to include when the basis for the solution should be in the thing Ultron did months earlier in-universe. Sure with drones, but if the merging is on a cellular level with machines, shouldn't the first thing to look for be the last time he did that?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

  12. #2202
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    8,236

    Default

    If my Tony 2020 theory is correct, there will just be two different stories in both Iron Man and Avengers, so there will be two Tony stories happening at once (Avengers would take place before.)

    Anyway, this new issue is fantastic. The Rhodey stuff is just wow. And Arno's plan has the potential to be nuts. Sunset, Aaron, and Shapiro are still baby.

  13. #2203
    Incredible Member okiedokiewo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    570

    Default

    MARVEL’S AVENGERS: IRON MAN #1
    JIM ZUB (W) • PACO DIAZ (A) • Cover by STONEHOUSE
    VARIANT COVER BY RON LIM
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    VILLAIN DESIGN VARIANT COVER by Todd Nauck
    THE FIRST PREQUEL TO THE UPCOMING VIDEO GAME, MARVEL’S AVENGERS!
    Avengers Assemble! The road to Marvel’s Avengers begins here, with an all-new story leading directly into the events of the highly anticipated video game! IRON MAN, CAPTAIN AMERICA, BLACK WIDOW, THOR, and HULK are the mighty Avengers, but as the LETHAL LEGION strikes, it’s going to take more than their usual teamwork to save the day! When TONY STARK discovers his enemies have co-opted Stark technology for nefarious purposes, it’s up to him to stop the leak. But can his teammates be trusted, or is something more sinister at play?
    Featuring the debut of the game’s AVENGERS, as well as never before seen takes on some classic villains, you won’t want to miss this landmark moment in comics history!
    32 PGS./ONE SHOT/Rated T+ …$3.99




  14. #2204
    Incredible Member okiedokiewo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    570

    Default

    TONY STARK: IRON MAN #19
    DAN SLOTT & CHRISTOS GAGE (W) FRANCESCO MANNA (A)
    Cover by Alexander Lozano
    2020 VARIANT COVER BY LARRY STROMAN
    VARIANT COVER BY PETE WOODS
    THE ULTRON AGENDA FINALE!
    What if there is no Tony Stark? What if there is only the Iron Man? At the end of 2019, the boundaries between man and machine are blurred and broken... and the Marvel Universe will be a very different place in the year 2020. A new Iron Age is coming... and you do NOT want to miss this pivotal issue.




  15. #2205
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    1 million B.C.E.
    Posts
    5,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    MARVEL’S AVENGERS: IRON MAN #1
    JIM ZUB (W) • PACO DIAZ (A) • Cover by STONEHOUSE
    VARIANT COVER BY RON LIM
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    VILLAIN DESIGN VARIANT COVER by Todd Nauck
    THE FIRST PREQUEL TO THE UPCOMING VIDEO GAME, MARVEL’S AVENGERS!
    Avengers Assemble! The road to Marvel’s Avengers begins here, with an all-new story leading directly into the events of the highly anticipated video game! IRON MAN, CAPTAIN AMERICA, BLACK WIDOW, THOR, and HULK are the mighty Avengers, but as the LETHAL LEGION strikes, it’s going to take more than their usual teamwork to save the day! When TONY STARK discovers his enemies have co-opted Stark technology for nefarious purposes, it’s up to him to stop the leak. But can his teammates be trusted, or is something more sinister at play?
    Featuring the debut of the game’s AVENGERS, as well as never before seen takes on some classic villains, you won’t want to miss this landmark moment in comics history!
    32 PGS./ONE SHOT/Rated T+ …$3.99



    Very much looking forward to this as Tony Stark will be Iron Man.
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •