Page 24 of 167 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    have you posted this in the moses magnum thread, as well?

if Sunset Bain ever appears in a live-action Iron Man movie, i hope that she's played by Demi Moore.

Well, I guess we finally get to see Tony meet MCU Shuri.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Seeing things like those Shuri pages just make me wish the armor was a bit more consistent this run/era and I mean besides it just being the Extremis armor.
    Like we have a black torso, a different chest piece symbol, the concept art has a different helmet (and it should be more in line with either the MCU circa Civil War), and we have those cool thruster wing things. It just feels weird to me that it's not as consistent as it should be.

I completely understand wanting to use different suits (why its necessary for 616 Iron man I'll never know), but the default should be more consistent seeing as it benefits marketing and it assists artists in rendering Iron man correctly. It also helps writers who may get an off glance at a panel and see the suit and know what era its from. With a bit of editing you could take panels from issue 8 and say they're from Civil War.
    I thought the whole point of going back to the Extremis look was so Iron Man would have a consistent look for use in other books while Slott could get to go crazy in the solo book.

DUM-E getting his own Lego.

Removed the photo and just have the link in case you're avoiding suit spoilers for Endgame

https://66.media.tumblr.com/a94c60d2...fhpi9_1280.jpg
    Last edited by okiedokiewo; 02-15-2019 at 12:15 PM.

Thanks. I've been looking forward to this appearance since the previews showed it. I also love that he is in pretty much the same armor he was wearing in Tony Stark: Iron Man #1

Seeing things like those Shuri pages just make me wish the armor was a bit more consistent this run/era and I mean besides it just being the Extremis armor.
    Like we have a black torso, a different chest piece symbol, the concept art has a different helmet (and it should be more in line with either the MCU circa Civil War), and we have those cool thruster wing things. It just feels weird to me that it's not as consistent as it should be.

I completely understand wanting to use different suits (why its necessary for 616 Iron man I'll never know), but the default should be more consistent seeing as it benefits marketing and it assists artists in rendering Iron man correctly. It also helps writers who may get an off glance at a panel and see the suit and know what era its from. With a bit of editing you could take panels from issue 8 and say they're from Civil War.
    COULD NOT AGREE MORE! I really like the look of this one here, but as you've stated. It's different in every book you see.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 02-16-2019 at 03:23 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    if Sunset Bain ever appears in a live-action Iron Man movie, i hope that she's played by Demi Moore.
    That would be frigging cool.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Shuri has Falcon wings? Makes sense I suppose, aren't Sam's wings Wakandan in origin?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Shuri has Falcon wings? Makes sense I suppose, aren't Sam's wings Wakandan in origin?
    And..y'know, she's MCU Shuri now, so she has to fly around with advanced tech .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And..y'know, she's MCU Shuri now, so she has to fly around with advanced tech .
    She’s the MCU version now? How? What happened to 616 Shuri?

That's the art Shuri's book has? Sweetie I'm so sorry

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I guess we finally get to see Tony meet MCU Shuri.

I thought the whole point of going back to the Extremis look was so Iron Man would have a consistent look for use in other books while Slott could get to go crazy in the solo book.
    I get that much. But then what's the point of designing a new armor if it's hardly ever going to be used or rendered correctly. Slott had reign to do as he pleases sure, but why should that prevent others from rendering the default? After all, isn't this supposed to be the newest model? It was drawn just fine in the first issue so I don't really know why it keeps getting replaced for Extremis.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I get that much. But then what's the point of designing a new armor if it's hardly ever going to be used or rendered correctly. Slott had reign to do as he pleases sure, but why should that prevent others from rendering the default? After all, isn't this supposed to be the newest model? It was drawn just fine in the first issue so I don't really know why it keeps getting replaced for Extremis.
    It was drawn very well in the first issue. This issue of Shuri is the closest I’ve seen to it.

Riri will rejoin Iron Man's supporting cast later in the year.
    http://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/182834...es-of-iron-man
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Riri will rejoin Iron Man's supporting cast later in the year.
    http://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/182834...es-of-iron-man
    That’s great news. I really liked the dynamic between Riri and Tony.