Page 155 of 167 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 2505
    BANNED

Iron Man #128 Nov 1979
    "Demon in a Bottle"
    This story opens with an un-helmeted Iron Man having a few drinks from a liquor bottle.
    He muses that his life as Tony Stark had been so chaotic, that he should just give up his civilian identity and just be Iron Man.
    He dons his mask and flies out for adventure, but forgetting the window was not open, smashes through his window.
    He soon sees a gas tanker that is derailed and tries to help officers on the scene
    by removing the tanker, but he drops it releasing the gas, making matters much worse.
    Tony Stark later is reaching for another drink to be interrupted by Bethany Cabe.
    She urges him to stop, recounting how she had lost her husband previously to pills.
    She spends days with Tony Stark keeping him from the bottle. It is a constant struggle.

Some time later, a rejuvenated Stark tries to mend fences with Edwin Jarvis
    Jarvis had resigned last issue after being berated by a drunken Tony Stark.
    Accepting Stark's apology, he agrees to return to work for Stark and the Avengers.
    As S.H.I.E.L.D. had been attempting a hostile takeover of Stark International,
    Stark is particularly interested in Jarvis' small amount of stock in Stark Industries.
    Unfortunately, Jarvis has put his stock up as collateral to secure a loan.
    Contacting his loan officer by phone, Jarvis is told he is unable to get his stock back.
    Soon, Iron Man pays a visit to the loan officer, Mr. Benchley, accusing him of impropriety and destroying his office in the process.
    Mr. Benchley insists that he cannot return the stock because he already sold it to S.H.I.E.L.D.
    A dejected Stark returns to Avengers Mansion and reaches for a bottle of alcohol. Bethany Cabe again urges him not to do it.

After several long moments of contemplation, Stark re-caps the bottle. Bethany and Jarvis applaud his decision to stop drinking.

Plot by David Michelinie and Bob Layton. Script by David Michelinie.
    Art by John Romita Jr. (breakdowns) and Bob Layton (finishes).

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Iron Man #128 Nov 1979
    "Demon in a Bottle"
    This story opens with an un-helmeted Iron Man having a few drinks from a liquor bottle.
    He muses that his life as Tony Stark had been so chaotic, that he should just give up his civilian identity and just be Iron Man.
    He dons his mask and flies out for adventure, but forgetting the window was not open, smashes through his window.
    He soon sees a gas tanker that is derailed and tries to help officers on the scene
    by removing the tanker, but he drops it releasing the gas, making matters much worse.
    Tony Stark later is reaching for another drink to be interrupted by Bethany Cabe.
    She urges him to stop, recounting how she had lost her husband previously to pills.
    She spends days with Tony Stark keeping him from the bottle. It is a constant struggle.

Some time later, a rejuvenated Stark tries to mend fences with Edwin Jarvis
    Jarvis had resigned last issue after being berated by a drunken Tony Stark.
    Accepting Stark's apology, he agrees to return to work for Stark and the Avengers.
    As S.H.I.E.L.D. had been attempting a hostile takeover of Stark International,
    Stark is particularly interested in Jarvis' small amount of stock in Stark Industries.
    Unfortunately, Jarvis has put his stock up as collateral to secure a loan.
    Contacting his loan officer by phone, Jarvis is told he is unable to get his stock back.
    Soon, Iron Man pays a visit to the loan officer, Mr. Benchley, accusing him of impropriety and destroying his office in the process.
    Mr. Benchley insists that he cannot return the stock because he already sold it to S.H.I.E.L.D.
    A dejected Stark returns to Avengers Mansion and reaches for a bottle of alcohol. Bethany Cabe again urges him not to do it.

After several long moments of contemplation, Stark re-caps the bottle. Bethany and Jarvis applaud his decision to stop drinking.

Plot by David Michelinie and Bob Layton. Script by David Michelinie.
    Art by John Romita Jr. (breakdowns) and Bob Layton (finishes).
    Amazing story. Still has the impact on me today as the first time I read it.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Unused under armor from Iron Man 2.
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-2-tony-...dersuit-armor/
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Tony Stark Earth X Cover variant Marvel X

https://www.cbr.com/earth-x-marvels-x-variant-cover/

Looks more War Machine.

BANNED

Man, today's issue was AWESOME!! The entire Ultron Agenda arc has been a blast but today's issue was especially good, with a killer last page.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Man, today's issue was AWESOME!! The entire Ultron Agenda arc has been a blast but today's issue was especially good, with a killer last page.
    Very happy to see Simon and Viz throw some hands, but yeah, that last page is absolutely kino. 14 tiny Avengers characters out of 10!

Amazing!

Incredible!

Fan--

Wha?!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Amazing!

Incredible!

Fan--

Wha?!

Man I cannot wait to get this issue!. I knew that's what Arno was planning on doing. Ultron Agenda has been taking it up a level each issue and this one looks to have done the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Man I cannot wait to get this issue!. I knew that's what Arno was planning on doing. Ultron Agenda has been taking it up a level each issue and this one looks to have done the same.
    How’s Slott’s Iron Man these days? I kind of fell off after the eScape arc, just wasn’t feeling it, but those panels are kinda making me interested again.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Amazing!

Incredible!

Fan--

Wha?!

It feels like every Iron Man writer has to find an excuse to put him in an older armor.

"An echo of Tony Stark" I'm sure that reading of yourself will age well Tony.

Welp. Arno's gone a bit off the deep end with naked parents. Maria also looks surprisingly like Amanda now, which is weird.