Page 83 of 147 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 2196
  1. #1231
    Amazing Member Iron Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin J View Post
    Comixology is the app i'm using to read all my comics, it's linked to my Amazon Prime account....I'm only buying certain ones (paper), but on the app, I can read a lot of them for free.

    Well, I really only know what I know about Iron Man from the movies...lol So I'm wanting to read the different variations....there was no Pepper Potts....no Jarvis....so that was different, but i liked that he was still working on being one with the suit....and I liked how he was able to become one with the suit. I did like the likeness of how they went back to how he made the first suit....kinda the same story but with lil variations in it. Looking forward to reading more....Iron Man has always been one of my Top superheros.

    I plan on reading Most wanted tonight...but wanted to make sure i wasn't skipping any stories that lead up to it. So far, I've only read the two.....the Five Nightmares and Extremis.
    Like Tony Stark mentioned before, I would highly recommend Knauf's run which sits in-between Extremis and Five Nightmares. It was the run around the time of Civil War and when Tony Stark was Director of SHIELD. But if you want to continue Fractions run then Most Wanted is next which takes place right after Secret Invasion.
    I AM Iron Man

  2. #1232
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Stark Unlimited
    Posts
    5,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin J View Post
    Comixology is the app i'm using to read all my comics, it's linked to my Amazon Prime account....I'm only buying certain ones (paper), but on the app, I can read a lot of them for free.

    Well, I really only know what I know about Iron Man from the movies...lol So I'm wanting to read the different variations....there was no Pepper Potts....no Jarvis....so that was different, but i liked that he was still working on being one with the suit....and I liked how he was able to become one with the suit. I did like the likeness of how they went back to how he made the first suit....kinda the same story but with lil variations in it. Looking forward to reading more....Iron Man has always been one of my Top superheros.

    I plan on reading Most wanted tonight...but wanted to make sure i wasn't skipping any stories that lead up to it. So far, I've only read the two.....the Five Nightmares and Extremis.
    Glad you enjoyed Extremis. I liked how it made him one with the suit. It was amazing what he could do when he had those powers. Also you correct that World's Most Wanted starts right after Five Nightmares. It's an epic storyline. So Five Nightmares and Extremis so far. Those are 2 of the best Iron Man stories. I am sure you will enjoy Worlds Most Wanted and if you need any help with Iron Man. Just ask my friend. We are all Iron Man fans here and are always glad to help someone enter the world of Tony Stark.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-21-2019 at 05:08 AM.
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

  3. #1233
    Unstoppable Member KC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Somewhere with Internet
    Posts
    1,710

    Default

    I like Slott's run, but honestly, I think Gail Simone's last two issues were better than anything Slott has done so far.

  4. #1234
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Stark Unlimited
    Posts
    5,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    I like Slott's run, but honestly, I think Gail Simone's last two issues were better than anything Slott has done so far.
    Newsarama has a review up that say's something close to what you're saying. I'm loving Slott's run. I know the first issue from Simone was good, but I haven't read the second yet. I don't think it's as good as Slott's so far, but it's pretty damn good.
    https://www.newsarama.com/45690-best...on-man-13.html
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

  5. #1235
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,198

    Default

    I didn't think Simone's story was as good as Slott's. Simone's story was fun, but felt a little stale. Whereas Slott feels like he is moving Stark into genuinely new and interesting territory.

  6. #1236
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    7,825

    Default

    I would have preferred a normal issue, but Simone and Villanelli did a pretty excellent job keeping the ball rolling with good character stuff and Janet UWUing.

  7. #1237
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Stark Unlimited
    Posts
    5,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I would have preferred a normal issue, but Simone and Villanelli did a pretty excellent job keeping the ball rolling with good character stuff and Janet UWUing.
    You mind saying what happened? What's UWUing?
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

  8. #1238
    iMan 42s
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    You mind saying what happened? What's UWUing?
    I feel like I'm too old to know what "UWU" is and I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't know.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

  9. #1239
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    7,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    You mind saying what happened? What's UWUing?
    UWU is a disgusting internet expression for blushing at cute stuff, and Tony beats the dragon by having Janet buy him time until he can beat the hell out of him with a new version of the original grey armor (since Sadurag's magic disrupts their simple AI and operating systems.) But during this, Tony says to the reader that Janet is everything good in the world, that she could be dating kings instead of him, that she's risking her life for him despite his flaws, and he gets so mad that she was threatened that he continues to beat on Sadurang as he's down, but after Janet stops him he can't work up the nerve to tell her that he's drinking again. It is the softest scene in the universe.

  10. #1240
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Stark Unlimited
    Posts
    5,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    UWU is a disgusting internet expression for blushing at cute stuff, and Tony beats the dragon by having Janet buy him time until he can beat the hell out of him with a new version of the original grey armor (since Sadurag's magic disrupts their simple AI and operating systems.) But during this, Tony says to the reader that Janet is everything good in the world, that she could be dating kings instead of him, that she's risking her life for him despite his flaws, and he gets so mad that she was threatened that he continues to beat on Sadurang as he's down, but after Janet stops him he can't work up the nerve to tell her that he's drinking again. It is the softest scene in the universe.
    Thank you as always for your help and you taught me something today I was not aware of.
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

  11. #1241
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    17,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I feel like I'm too old to know what "UWU" is and I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't know.
    I'm confused too - I thought UWU stood for Unstoppable Wasp Unlimited, referring to the trades for the current volume.

  12. #1242
    Navy Vet Vitamin J's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Ok, so started Most Wanted last night....did I miss something in between it and Five Nightmares or Extremis?...they keep talking about a skrull attack.

  13. #1243
    Astonishing Member Jekyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    I like Slott's run, but honestly, I think Gail Simone's last two issues were better than anything Slott has done so far.
    I agree. I really enjoyed her work on these two issues.
    I’m having a hard time deciding if I want to keep this on my pull list.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), The Atom (Ray Palmer) , Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, & Ant-Man (Scott Lang).

    Current Pulls: Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Venom, Immortal Hulk, Guardians of The Galaxy, Absolute Carnage, Justice League, & Shazam!

  14. #1244
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    7,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin J View Post
    Ok, so started Most Wanted last night....did I miss something in between it and Five Nightmares or Extremis?...they keep talking about a skrull attack.
    Secret Invasion takes place before Most Wanted and the run deals with a lot of stuff happening in Avengers, but you don't have to read them.

  15. #1245
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Stark Unlimited
    Posts
    5,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin J View Post
    Ok, so started Most Wanted last night....did I miss something in between it and Five Nightmares or Extremis?...they keep talking about a skrull attack.
    There was an event called Secret Invasion. In were an alien race called the skrulls invaded earth secretly and over took the human race for a little while. World's Most Wanted should explain it on the recap page or as you go on.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-21-2019 at 12:11 PM.
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •