Page 115 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2505

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No. He found her, then Civil War II happened and he ended up in the coma. She and MJ Watson spent their time helping Ironheart, then started looking for Tony when his comatose body vanished. By the time they were reunited, it was Bendis's last issue! Amanda's probably closer to MJ than Tony.
    Oh and now she left. Gg

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    We can all hope! That’s for sure. You guys saw how quick she left when it didn’t go the way she wanted it to. So BYE and good riddance.
    Yeah, I think there's more to this. I think she was worried that Tony was going to eventually catch on to the lie and expose her. So she dipped.

But whatever reason she left, she can stay away.

i'd be so happy if she were just never referenced again. it was a really dumb addition to Iron Man's mythos, imo. I still have no idea why that eye patched Cassandra Gillespie woman was introduced. 10 bucks says that Bendis has an acquaintance named Cassandra and just decided to put her in the book. bet he knows an 'Amanda Armstrong' as well. because are some really unimaginative names.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No. He found her, then Civil War II happened and he ended up in the coma. She and MJ Watson spent their time helping Ironheart, then started looking for Tony when his comatose body vanished. By the time they were reunited, it was Bendis's last issue! Amanda's probably closer to MJ than Tony.
    Beat me to it. This is exactly what happened. She and MJ really did get close though.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-29-2019 at 05:09 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Oh and now she left. Gg
    So Amanda is gone? I'm so busy this months, I still stuck in #6.

Well, great. I think in the last few issues Bendis was trying to sell the ideia that Amanda and Tony knew each other because they are mother and son so there is this special bond. I love that now it's showing that nobody is forced to bond with someone just because they share the same DNA.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, I think there's more to this. I think she was worried that Tony was going to eventually catch on to the lie and expose her. So she dipped.

But whatever reason she left, she can stay away.
    I hope so. I still don't like the adoption thing. Not because I'm a difficult fan, but because I think these kind of themes are too sensitive and need to be treated with depth. This plot creats a big problem for the character Howard Stark and his bond with Tony. It takes time to adress this and is something I would like to see.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Tony was in quite a few books these last 2 weeks. He checked up on Ms. Marvel to see how she was doing with her father being sick. I like that Tony checks in with the younger heroes. He knows that she was an Avenger and needed someone to talk to and that she is the future. He was in Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man helping Spidey help out a friend. He was in Loki trying to see if Loki was on the up and up and in Captain Marvel he was trying to help Carol see what was wrong with her powers. How come no one brings up stuff like this and only want to talk bad about Tony?!?! Look at all the good he does. See how magnanimous Tony is. That's one of the many reasons he's my hero. Faults and all.
    Did you see his first page in Marvel Comics #1000? Was so great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana View Post
    Did you see his first page in Marvel Comics #1000? Was so great.
    No. I haven't had the chance, but I'll give it a look through next time I'm at my shop. Thanks.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

So Amanda is gone? I'm so busy this months, I still stuck in #6.

Well, great. I think in the last few issues Bendis was trying to sell the ideia that Amanda and Tony knew each other because they are mother and son so there is this special bond. I love that now it's showing that nobody is forced to bond with someone just because they share the same DNA.
    Pretty much, she has been mia for couple of issues now.

Exactly, DNA don’t mean ****. If a woman shows up claiming to be my mom, I would have an instant affection; matter fact I’ll question her decision for giving me up.

I hope so. I still don't like the adoption thing. Not because I'm a difficult fan, but because I think these kind of themes are too sensitive and need to be treated with depth. This plot creats a big problem for the character Howard Stark and his bond with Tony. It takes time to adress this and is something I would like to see.
    I do agree with this a 100%. Adoption carries some sorta stigma, and Howard being a jerk certifies it. Even Maria, allowing a child to be brought into an abusive household just cause she wanted to protect her other “son” is just wrong.

Did they address Tony’s uncanny resemblance to Howard? Or even his alcoholism/addictive genes?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i'd be so happy if she were just never referenced again. it was a really dumb addition to Iron Man's mythos, imo. I still have no idea why that eye patched Cassandra Gillespie woman was introduced. 10 bucks says that Bendis has an acquaintance named Cassandra and just decided to put her in the book. bet he knows an 'Amanda Armstrong' as well. because are some really unimaginative names.
    Oh lmao! International Iron Man was the only Bendis **** I read. It was fine in the beginning and the art was spectacular, but Bendis is just bad. Yikes.

Oh lmao! International Iron Man was the only Bendis **** I read. It was fine in the beginning and the art was spectacular, but Bendis is just bad. Yikes.
    Yeah. The first 5 issues of International Iron Man were OK. Those last 2 issues were some of the worst comics I've ever read. Just terrible.

Amazing Member

I tend to defend Bendis. He is good. And had some great ideas but in this case, execution was the problem and I think a lot due to his personal situation at time.

Riri is great, the idea to deal with the adoption was nice, insert some of Spider mythos was at least something new. And he created a terrific representation of strong civilian woman as love interest for Tony. Dr. Amara had a lot of potential. But none of these were developed and everything felt forced. To this day I still can't describe what Bendis run was about.

Amazing Member

Pretty much, she has been mia for couple of issues now.

Exactly, DNA don’t mean ****. If a woman shows up claiming to be my mom, I would have an instant affection; matter fact I’ll question her decision for giving me up.

I do agree with this a 100%. Adoption carries some sorta stigma, and Howard being a jerk certifies it. Even Maria, allowing a child to be brought into an abusive household just cause she wanted to protect her other “son” is just wrong.

Did they address Tony’s uncanny resemblance to Howard? Or even his alcoholism/addictive genes?
    This. Tony is adopeted, was victim of child abuse and so far these issues were never dealt with. It does not help in the representation of something important like adoption.

The similar looks I don't know, but the alcoholism was in Captain Marvel. And Tony adressed like a trait of DNA he and Howard share.

Come to think of it, Bendis seemed to retcon why the Starks adopted Tony. Bendis made it seem like it was because Maria couldn't have any children if I remember the flashback in International right.

I tend to defend Bendis. He is good. And had some great ideas but in this case, execution was the problem and I think a lot due to his personal situation at time.

Riri is great, the idea to deal with the adoption was nice, insert some of Spider mythos was at least something new. And he created a terrific representation of strong civilian woman as love interest for Tony. Dr. Amara had a lot of potential. But none of these were developed and everything felt forced. To this day I still can't describe what Bendis run was about.
    I also feel the same way about Slott, I really do like his ideas and concepts but his execution is always underwhelming. With that said, I am excited for Pymtron but I fear for Janet.

Who is Dr Amara?

This. Tony is adopeted, was victim of child abuse and so far these issues were never dealt with. It does not help in the representation of something important like adoption.

The similar looks I don't know, but the alcoholism was in Captain Marvel. And Tony adressed like a trait of DNA he and Howard share.
    I know, such a bad move. In international Iron Man, Bendis made him less abusive .. but still he was an ass.

So Tony acknowledges Him and Howard share DNA traits but wob wob wob. Continuity 101.