Page 126 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2505
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    But Pym's soul was eaten by a monster, wasn't it? So there is no real Pym to separate.
    We don't really know what is left of Pym after that "soul eating" incident. Not a lot of context or explanation was provided at the time, and no follow up has been done as of yet since. So all we've got right now is guesses and assumptions.

I’m inclined to agree with Kintor.
    Selling weapons is a questionable profession. It doesn’t matter if Tony’s “intention” were in the right place, his weapons caused more harm. Tony profited handsomely from wars, technically he is a war monger. If it was all clean and “for the troops” why did he shut it down.

I also agree with Kintor, I am not feeling Tony’s existential crisis episode, him wondering about being a genetic copy. I hope Slott isn’t hinting that souls are real and that’s what makes us, us.

Well, we actually know that souls are real in the MU. That's been long and firmly established.

Well, we actually know that souls are real in the MU. That's been long and firmly established.
    Fair enough. It’s like how Tony doesn’t believe in Gods but Thor is next to him

Hopefully Stark's exploration of this subject will lead to him building ghostbuster technology.

Hopefully Stark's exploration of this subject will lead to him building ghostbuster technology.
    Lmao xD

Let’s have a ghostbusters with avengers members

That issue was intense!

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    I’m inclined to agree with Kintor.
    Selling weapons is a questionable profession. It doesn’t matter if Tony’s “intention” were in the right place, his weapons caused more harm. Tony profited handsomely from wars, technically he is a war monger. If it was all clean and “for the troops” why did he shut it down.

I also agree with Kintor, I am not feeling Tony’s existential crisis episode, him wondering about being a genetic copy. I hope Slott isn’t hinting that souls are real and that’s what makes us, us.
    Technically, he's NOT a war monger, since that is not at all the definition of it.

You could try calling him a war profiteer at one time, but that still wouldn't be correct. It'd at least be closer.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Stan Lee's whole idea for Iron Man was about making a military industrial complex arms dealer a hero. It was the era of Vietnam and Lee thought it would be a fun challenge to get kids to like a type of character that ordinarily they would hate.

Sunset is best girl and Rhodey needs serious help, man.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Is that cliffhanger why the book supposedly ends in two issues? spoilers:
    Tony's been turned into a cyborg!
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Is that cliffhanger why the book supposedly ends in two issues? spoilers:
    Tony's been turned into a cyborg!
    end of spoilers
    Eh, Rhodey's been there, done that .

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Sunset is best girl and Rhodey needs serious help, man.
    Yeah, Rhodey's been through more trauma than any human mind is designed for. Living, and dying, and living again in Stark's world, has been a lot like being the protagonist of a Lovecraft story for Rhodey.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Eh, Rhodey's been there, done that .
    I don't think that's true. It's more like Rhodey's experience with being cyborged and then transferred into a clone is one more assault in the Lovecraftian existential barrage that is driving him mad.
    Last edited by MichaelC; 09-18-2019 at 11:52 AM.

Whelp, there is an issue 19 solicited, and it has major spoilers.

TONY STARK: IRON MAN #19
    DAN SLOTT & CHRISTOS GAGE (W) • FRANCESCO MANNA (A)
    Cover by Alexander Lozano
    2020 VARIANT COVER BY LARRY STROMAN
    VARIANT COVER BY PETE WOODS
    THE ULTRON AGENDA FINALE!
    spoilers:
    What if there is no Tony Stark? What if there is only the Iron Man?
    end of spoilersAt the end of 2019, the boundaries between man and machine are blurred and broken… and the Marvel Universe will be a very different place in the year 2020. A new Iron Age is coming… and you do NOT want to miss this pivotal issue.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The latest issue of Iron Man sucked. Dan Slott does not get Hank Pym at all. Great job calling someone with bipolar disorder "mad". The lack of tact Slott (and Tony) showed there was incredible. Slott should know better and Tony should know better.

And the worst part of it is that whole exchange is not true at all. Hank has never been "mad" and especially before his mental breakdown. He was a bit of a Jerk, but he was never "mad".

No matter what is done with Hank, some writers will always default Hank back to being a "mad" bad guy.

Also, I swear Pymtron made the same "fusion of man and machine" speech several times.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman