Page 101 of 167 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2505

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    VR game alt. cover by Lord Granov.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0vsYDGp...=1tx5ztn4ki5nt

I'm not crazy about the shoulders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Amanda can be a viable character. I just don't want her as Tony's mom.

Like I said, she can be Arno's mom but she's drawn to Tony.
    They could make her the new Mrs. Arbogast (even though I think she's still alive). Just take out the parent aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    VR game alt. cover by Lord Granov.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0vsYDGp...=1tx5ztn4ki5nt

Beautiful as always by Granov. Damn! My 5000 post!!!!! Here’s to 5000 more.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    It might have something to do with the "armor" actually being nanotech chainmail solidified and animated by a magnetic force-field. It might allow gradual stone infiltration in a way that wouldn't be possible if it were the solid plates it appears to be to the naked eye.
    Well sure, but that's not only assuming the power source is still active to do that but also assuming that the sediment could enter through a nanoscale opening. Given that on the nanoscale you could end up about as large as a strand of DNA or as thick as a piece of paper. Sediment going through there and staying is kind of difficult to accept given that at this scale it become irrelevant how large the opening is, it's on a level it reasonably wont pass through and might as well be completely solid. Even more so when you remember that this is also fairly thick armor Tony wears and we'd have to assume the nanoscale hole goes right through and isn't structured like metal on that scale.

It's not to say that nothing can pass through, but it becomes irrelevant the smaller the scale is. And even then fossilization occurs when organic matter is molded or cast from minerals formed around it. You also have petrification but that's unlikely to have occurred here since you still need organic matter to do that. Now the acids of the sediment around the helmet could've broken it down over a billion years and the helmet had metals replace what was there, but this is assuming that the helmet is vibranium (I'm assuming the scans here set this in Wakanda). Fossils aren't just in holes, you have to dig them out. So somebody had to notice something off between the metal deposits in order to notice this as otherwise it should've just been lost in the rest of the vibranium.

Now potentially Vibranium might fossilize things similarly to amber, but that only means that the vibranium coated the helmet in such a way that it preserved it and should've preserved the skull. Except by the framing of the sentence it states the skull is still there and the helmet is drawn hollow (it's missing Tony's lenses). So I'm reluctant to even say it's fossilized by way of "amber".

She should've said "artifact" because this just delves way too far into speculation on the properties of vibranium and lacks insight into fossilization. The skull could potentially fossilize, but the helmet I'm just going to assume Aaron didn't know the difference and went with fossil.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Beautiful as always by Granov. Damn! My 5000 post!!!!! Here’s to 5000 more.
    You'll have another 5000 real quick!

We're also over 1500 posts too.

Good to see others hating on Amanda, tbh Arno is just as bad but I did enjoy issue #5 lel.
    I wish it’s retconned asap. In celebration of hitting 100+ pages, y’all need to drop y’all retconning idea .. I personally don’t even recognise the adoption angle anyway

i was almost good with Arno and then Amanda showed up. that made me dislike both characters. Arno is, at the very least, a potential threat to Tony (if really really cliche). Amanda adds nothing to the story. and she's generic as heck for a "rock star." Maria Carbonell Stark is far superior to her. i'd rather see her explored as a character. now there's an ugly dangling plot thread permanently hanging out there in Stark's universe. it's 10 x as awkward as Rumiko or Happy & Pepper's relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Good to see others hating on Amanda, tbh Arno is just as bad but I did enjoy issue #5 lel.
    I wish it’s retconned asap. In celebration of hitting 100+ pages, y’all need to drop y’all retconning idea .. I personally don’t even recognise the adoption angle anyway
    You don't like Arno?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i was almost good with Arno and then Amanda showed up. that made me dislike both characters. Arno is, at the very least, a potential threat to Tony (if really really cliche). Amanda adds nothing to the story. and she's generic as heck for a "rock star." Maria Carbonell Stark is far superior to her. i'd rather see her explored as a character. now there's an ugly dangling plot thread permanently hanging out there in Stark's universe. it's 10 x as awkward as Rumiko or Happy & Pepper's relationship.
    The whole adoption angle is just no that includes Arno xD I have to agree with you though. I’d have preferred if writers explored Maria Carbonell Stark or Tony’s maternal family. Amanda is yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    You don't like Arno?
    That’s right bb. I did enjoy issue #5 though

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    The whole adoption angle is just no that includes Arno xD I have to agree with you though. I’d have preferred if writers explored Maria Carbonell Stark or Tony’s maternal family. Amanda is yikes.

That’s right bb. I did enjoy issue #5 though
    See I like Arno, but not Amanda. I like Tony having a brother. Just not the way they went about giving him one.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

See I like Arno, but not Amanda. I like Tony having a brother. Just not the way they went about giving him one.
    We know Arno's been around for a while although not as his brother. They could have made him a cousin or an uncle.

No problem with him being around.

We know Arno's been around for a while although not as his brother. They could have made him a cousin or an uncle.

Or just make them both Howard and Maria's kid...

But they aren’t “brothers”. If someone showed up claiming to be my brother I won’t have am instant brotherly love towards him. So technically they aren’t brother and they are not genetically brothers.

Yea make him a cousin. A brother to Morgan Stark and let them explore Maria Carbonells family.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or just make them both Howard and Maria's kid...
    How can they retcon it to this though?

iMan 42s

I'm about to try my hand at rectifying all of that so;

-Controller wants to get back at Stark and begins his gambit by forging evidence of Tony's adoption trying initially to mentally hurt Stark.
    -He then plants a DNA compatible parent figure to fool Tony
    -Hydra dad is explained as Hydra allowing him to use one of their own as a tool in return for secrets Stark might be keeping and Controller agrees.
    -Tony gets inverted and through the "backdoor" mental patterns of his inversion and having had memories of Bruce Banner from Original Sin earlier, Tony doesn't notice Controller has slipped him a micro control disk.
    -Controller notes however that the inversion and memories of Banner could be a problem and uses the disk to return Stark to normal.
    -Tony eventually discovers his "parents" and his "mom" tries to use Tony to get access to Stark company secrets and Tony himself.
    -At roughly the same time as Rhodey's death, Tony's control disk malfunctions from the mystical energies during his jaunt with Doctor Doom, Tony freaks out and explains his actions during CW2.
    -The talk he has with Victor is actually Victor removing the control disk but Tony in a crazed state escapes to later battle Carol.
    -Tony returns but can't remember the talk with Victor and believes Controller's plant. While Tony was gone then Controller seizes the minds of those close to him when it becomes apparent Stark might be coming back.

Thus in this rewrite explaining the last couple of years, dropped plot points, and the adoption angle as being the plan of a master manipulator (Controller) who goes from wanting to be roided out on brains to creating a complicated plan to seize Stark assets and discredit his foe. Instead of seizing some plans rather ineffectually.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I'm about to try my hand at rectifying all of that so;

-Controller wants to get back at Stark and begins his gambit by forging evidence of Tony's adoption trying initially to mentally hurt Stark.
    -He then plants a DNA compatible parent figure to fool Tony
    -Hydra dad is explained as Hydra allowing him to use one of their own as a tool in return for secrets Stark might be keeping and Controller agrees.
    -Tony gets inverted and through the "backdoor" mental patterns of his inversion and having had memories of Bruce Banner from Original Sin earlier, Tony doesn't notice Controller has slipped him a micro control disk.
    -Controller notes however that the inversion and memories of Banner could be a problem and uses the disk to return Stark to normal.
    -Tony eventually discovers his "parents" and his "mom" tries to use Tony to get access to Stark company secrets and Tony himself.
    -At roughly the same time as Rhodey's death, Tony's control disk malfunctions from the mystical energies during his jaunt with Doctor Doom, Tony freaks out and explains his actions during CW2.
    -The talk he has with Victor is actually Victor removing the control disk but Tony in a crazed state escapes to later battle Carol.
    -Tony returns but can't remember the talk with Victor and believes Controller's plant. While Tony was gone then Controller seizes the minds of those close to him when it becomes apparent Stark might be coming back.

Thus in this rewrite explaining the last couple of years, dropped plot points, and the adoption angle as being the plan of a master manipulator (Controller) who goes from wanting to be roided out on brains to creating a complicated plan to seize Stark assets and discredit his foe. Instead of seizing some plans rather ineffectually.
    Yoo did you just solve the fuckery that’s been going on? Sounds legit to me.
    Since I pretend this adoption angle doesn’t exist, This would be my headcannon.