Page 111 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2505
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    They only even fought in Civil War II because Hydra Cap manipulated them both when they were emotionally vulnerable post-Rhodey. I'd be more upset at him than a friend if I were them.

You don’t have to punch someone through a wall to treat them like crap.

That said, in Avengers recently, Carol has punched Tony through a wall.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The reason T & C are close friends who also butt heads every two seconds like newborn kittens since Busiek's Iron Man is because writers have turned them into foils with friction-driving similarities.

I love their friendship, but I think they should have had Tony call her out on the things she did. To me she got off easy. Tony being her sponsor is a great way to have them connected. I'm just saying I wanted Tony to give her a piece of his mind.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-20-2019 at 11:41 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Tony's rivalries with other Avengers.
    https://www.cbr.com/mcu-rematches-ne...ity-saga-over/
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    You don’t have to punch someone through a wall to treat them like crap.

That said, in Avengers recently, Carol has punched Tony through a wall.
    Yes, that's slapstick physical comedy. It carries a lack of weight to it, where the violence is exaggerated and the physical consequences just aren't there.

It's not really appropriate for the book, but that's Aaron for you. Nearly everything in his book feels weird and exaggerated like Thor going "Whoah what was that did just lose my worthiness again...". His writing feels like a caricature of the avengers half the time.

The relationship between the characters can also go from "snarky to each other with a underlying love" like with stohl to downright mean with aaron, because some writers really can't balance that aspect of the relationship.

Tony got hell from CW I, the consequences were never ending. Carol got off so easy and still hasn’t apologised. In addition to her mistreating Tony. Hydra Cap caused the mess, sure but Carol didn’t own up to her mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    They have had more than that fight. They have butted heads a few times, but they are brothers. So they always get back in each other’s life’s.
    I can only recall that fight. Excuse my memory >\\\<

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Tony got hell from CW I, the consequences were never ending. Carol got off so easy and still hasn’t apologised. In addition to her mistreating Tony. Hydra Cap caused the mess, sure but Carol didn’t own up to her mistakes.
    yeah im not even sure if that's going to happen because she's treated as being in the right and without fault by everyone in universe and walked off a penance stare to prove it.

She didn't get off easy, it's more like, she isn't considered to have done anything wrong except for that brief period in Secret empire which is promptly ignored (even in that event tony fighting against carol was framed as doing things for his ego by Captain america to control the future in his vision rather than anyone else's.)
    For some reason that includes nearly killing tony.
    Though I guess it should be considered that tony would've nearly killed her if she let up as well (atleast according to the infinity countdown book where the "What if? Carol stopped fighting" is shown... and she ends up in a coma)
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 08-21-2019 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    yeah im not even sure if that's going to happen because she's treated as being in the right and without fault by everyone in universe and walked off a penance stare to prove it.

She didn't get off easy, it's more like, she isn't considered to have done anything wrong except for that brief period in Secret empire which is promptly ignored (even in that event tony fighting against carol was framed as doing things for his ego by Captain america to control the future in his vision rather than anyone else's.)
    For some reason that includes nearly killing tony.
    Though I guess it should be considered that tony would've nearly killed her if she let up as well (atleast according to the infinity countdown book where the "What if? Carol stopped fighting" is shown... and she ends up in a coma)
    I didn't know about the penance stare. That's pretty incredible she passed that then. I guess she just skirts the issue then. It looks like her and Tony have moved on and I guess we should do the same thing. Again I wish Tony would have told her how incredible wrong she was.

BANNED

I didn't know about the penance stare. That's pretty incredible she passed that then. I guess she just skirts the issue then. It looks like her and Tony have moved on and I guess we should do the same thing. Again I wish Tony would have told her how incredible wrong she was.
    probably but it sucks. I brought it up in the carol fan thread when Captain Marvel #1 came out

read KT's CM #1

Great, have carol be aggressive to tony, that'll make people enjoy her. Yeesh.
    I thought this run would involve her reflecting on her mistakes considering the preview, but I guess not.

Dialogue flows well atleast.

like I remember what happened in the first Civil war with julia carpenter and I remember how brian reed treated the moral injury aspect of what it did to carol and how she repented or when she killed master of the world in busiek's avengers or with her alchoholism, taking responsibility for your actions and a deep guilt were part of carol
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 08-21-2019 at 01:05 AM.

BANNED

Oh btw we did have a villain version of tony in Superior Iron Man where his morality was flipped from axis.

Extraordinary Member

Yes, that's slapstick physical comedy. It carries a lack of weight to it, where the violence is exaggerated and the physical consequences just aren't there.

It's not really appropriate for the book, but that's Aaron for you. Nearly everything in his book feels weird and exaggerated like Thor going "Whoah what was that did just lose my worthiness again...". His writing feels like a caricature of the avengers half the time.

The relationship between the characters can also go from "snarky to each other with a underlying love" like with stohl to downright mean with aaron, because some writers really can't balance that aspect of the relationship.
    Yes - the clear message is Aaron is going for comedic effect. And had Carol not recently blasted Tony into a coma, it would have been funny... ish. Throwing someone through a wall is kind of extreme unless it’s someone like Thor. Or Tony in his armor. But knocking an ordinary human through a wall is extreme. Combine that with her previous snarky suggestion that the Celestials take Tony along with Loki and... well... mmmm.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

As far as I’m concerned, she George Castanza’d that Penance Stare.

I bet that stare wouldn't have any affect on Dr Doom, either.
    Last edited by brettc1; 08-21-2019 at 01:43 AM.

BANNED

Yes - the clear message is Aaron is going for comedic effect. And had Carol not recently blasted Tony into a coma, it would have been funny... ish. Throwing someone through a wall is kind of extreme unless it’s someone like Thor. Or Tony in his armor. But knocking an ordinary human through a wall is extreme. Combine that with her previous snarky suggestion that the Celestials take Tony along with Loki and... well... mmmm.
    Yes, that's sort of the trope behind slapstick. Under normal conditions the person would be hospitalized with a full body cast but under slapstick rules that doesn't happen like an anvil dropping on someone, them getting a bit loopy and then just walking it off. Tony basically goes "Hey we do have a hottub" in classic slapstick way of diffusing the expected physical consequence. The action of throwing the guy through a wall itself is treated very lighthearted carries the same severity as a tap.

As far as I’m concerned, she George Castanza’d that Penance Stare
    rules of the penance stare occasionally change like when punisher walks it off because of lacking regret, even though that's not how it's portrayed 95% of the time. In this case it's suggesting she's had enough penance for her mistakes and so the penance stare wouldn't work and partly because she's not a mortal.
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 08-21-2019 at 02:42 AM.

As far as I’m concerned, she George Castanza’d that Penance Stare.

I bet that stare wouldn't have any affect on Dr Doom, either.
    LMAO! I gotta go with you on that one.

Amazing Member

I think it was the best thing for us and for Marvel just move on. CWII was not the best ideia, so let' s just forget about that.