Page 112 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2505

#15 was great, a lot of Tonyjan. It's as we expected. Things are getting real.

I was surprised to see the Tony AI. I assumed it had been destroyed with Riri's red and gold armor. Evidently she was operating without an AI by that point.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

In History of the Marvel Universe #2, all Marvel characters who's backgrounds were set in Vietnam like Tony and Rhodey have been officially moved up to the fictional decades-long Sin-Cong conflict south of Vietnam. So that is the official thing now.

As for #15

spoilers:
    Flesh Tony and Lil' Tony teaming up as moustache brothers and Lil' Tony's epic sacrifice was one of the best things I've read all year. I'll never forget you, Lil' Tony. A real one and a legend who held it down during Secret Empire. I love you, 3000!
    end of spoilers

what does tony in do in ms. marvel
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

He just talks to Kamala, about her new costume's specs (he's impressed), and about the possibility of a cure for her terminally ill father (unfortunately, he says that he is working on a cure, but it'll be too late for Mr Khan).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ana View Post
    I think it was the best thing for us and for Marvel just move on. CWII was not the best ideia, so let' s just forget about that.
    Yes, but this isn’t about how Carol treated him then, it’s about how her, Jessica Drew, and a whole lot of other folks treat him NOW.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    In History of the Marvel Universe #2, all Marvel characters who's backgrounds were set in Vietnam like Tony and Rhodey have been officially moved up to the fictional decades-long Sin-Cong conflict south of Vietnam. So that is the official thing now.

As for #15

spoilers:
    Flesh Tony and Lil' Tony teaming up as moustache brothers and Lil' Tony's epic sacrifice was one of the best things I've read all year. I'll never forget you, Lil' Tony. A real one and a legend who held it down during Secret Empire. I love you, 3000!
    end of spoilers

what does tony in do in ms. marvel
    what happened to his history in afganistan established by ellis in extremis? I thought that was a cool modern update, but they're going back to vietnam?

I guess it is better to some extent to have a fictional war than updating the character every 30 years with a new one though

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Come to think of it, we haven't gotten a revision of the origin in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    what happened to his history in afganistan established by ellis in extremis? I thought that was a cool modern update, but they're going back to vietnam?

I guess it is better to some extent to have a fictional war than updating the character every 30 years with a new one though
    The Afghanistan origin is itself outdated now, as is the Gulf setting. The War on Terror is pretty much over now after all (the Taliban, Al Qaeda, and Islamic State being defeated). Makes sense to update it again - and future proof it.

Never thought I would see Senator Brickman again. He was Graydon Creed's running mate and Mystique's husband (as Mallory Brickman).

Wait, you mean he's an X-Men character? I assumed he was new!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Afghanistan origin is itself outdated now, as is the Gulf setting. The War on Terror is pretty much over now after all (the Taliban, Al Qaeda, and Islamic State being defeated). Makes sense to update it again - and future proof it.

Sure, but it's relatively recent for us to be able to imagine that 15-20 years ago this was who tony was before he became a hero.

In fact I would say that it fits better now, than it did when ellis came out with the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Sure, but it's relatively recent for us to be able to imagine that 15-20 years ago this was who tony was before he became a hero.

In fact I would say that it fits better now, than it did when ellis came out with the story.
    I was thinking the same thing. I don't get why Marvel would mess with it, but there it is.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

TONY STARK: IRON MAN #18
    DAN SLOTT & JIM ZUB (W) • VALERIO SCHITI (A) • Cover by Alexander Lozano
    2099 VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    “THE ULTRON AGENDA” continues! Chapter 3: Inner Conflict
    While Rhodey and friends fight the robot war topside...
    ...a literal war rages on INSIDE Tony Stark! It’s the Wasp and a remote piloted Nano Iron Man versus a shrunken Ultron/Pym inside Tony’s physical body!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    TONY STARK: IRON MAN #18
    DAN SLOTT & JIM ZUB (W) • VALERIO SCHITI (A) • Cover by Alexander Lozano
    2099 VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    “THE ULTRON AGENDA” continues! Chapter 3: Inner Conflict
    While Rhodey and friends fight the robot war topside...
    ...a literal war rages on INSIDE Tony Stark! It’s the Wasp and a remote piloted Nano Iron Man versus a shrunken Ultron/Pym inside Tony’s physical body!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

HOLY ****! That summary will grab you! Can't wait for Ultron Agenda to start.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-22-2019 at 12:17 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Never thought I would see Senator Brickman again. He was Graydon Creed's running mate and Mystique's husband (as Mallory Brickman).
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wait, you mean he's an X-Men character? I assumed he was new!
    Technically, he's a Machine Man character -- which is undoubtedly why Dan dug him up out of obscurity here. He was introduced in Machine Man's original solo book as a villain there.