Page 116 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2505

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Come to think of it, Bendis seemed to retcon why the Starks adopted Tony. Bendis made it seem like it was because Maria couldn't have any children if I remember the flashback in International right.
    Yea but Arno is still around which means both runs are canon. What I took from is;-
    1) Maria and Howard are having fertility issues
    2) Miraculously they had “Arno”
    3) Arno turns out sick?!¿ ( didn’t read Gillens run)
    4) They try again but fail to conceive
    5) “Adopt” Tony
    Last edited by BitParallel; 08-29-2019 at 10:27 PM.

iMan 42s

Slott can be very hit or miss. However I will always say that he's a great "ideas" guy, he just needs a co-writer. I don't really put much stock in his "event" comics since they just don't survive under scrutiny. His comics are great in the moment but they don't really have a shelf life. They aren't anything really to pull off your shelf and read again and on a second pass if you didn't see the flaws the first time, you'll feel like Karnak on the second pass.

He definitely works on Iron man but I'd be lying if I felt he didn't limp dick his way through some of it. It's understandable given that he was chronically late and we had other writers filling in but he definitely has issues sticking the landing.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Yea but Arno is still around which means both runs are canon. What I took from it is;-
    1) Maria and Howard are having fertility issues
    2) Miraculously they had “Arno”
    3) Arno turns out sick?!¿ ( didn’t read Gillens run)
    4) They try again but fail to conceive
    5) “Adopt” Tony
    Maria ran into complications that assistance from the alien robot 451 "solved". However since the Stark family didn't know if and when 451 would return before Arno was of age to essentially be space Jesus, they quickly adopted a son to take the fall. Gillen's run had Tony as the scapegoat to protect the real son. Despite Arno claiming they really loved Tony despite why he was there, Tony naturally didn't take it well and wanted to wash his hands of the whole thing except Arno. Ironically Bendis did the opposite of this. The Butch Hartman of comic writing.

Arno was saved from 451's "space Jesus protocols" by Howard's manipulations but developed a chronic illness as a result (alive but constantly ill) which is why he speaks with a robotic voice and has to wear the suit. Dan Slott would take this interesting character trait and do the opposite, the other Butch Hartman of comic writing.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Maria ran into complications that assistance from the alien robot 451 "solved". However since the Stark family didn't know if and when 451 would return before Arno was of age to essentially be space Jesus, they quickly adopted a son to take the fall. Gillen's run had Tony as the scapegoat to protect the real son. Despite Arno claiming they really loved Tony despite why he was there, Tony naturally didn't take it well and wanted to wash his hands of the whole thing except Arno. Ironically Bendis did the opposite of this. The Butch Hartman of comic writing.

Arno was saved from 451's "space Jesus protocols" by Howard's manipulations but developed a chronic illness as a result (alive but constantly ill) which is why he speaks with a robotic voice and has to wear the suit. Dan Slott would take this interesting character trait and do the opposite, the other Butch Hartman of comic writing.
    Lmao xD you had me with “Butch Hartman of comic writing”

So what is Tonys current thoughts on his adoptive parents? I mean, Motherboard was a real bitch in his virtue reality. Does Motherboard reflect how Maria was? Or did something go wrong?

If I was Tony, I’d hate them forever too. Using an innocent kid as a decoy to protect another. Real Classy.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Slott can be very hit or miss. However I will always say that he's a great "ideas" guy, he just needs a co-writer. I don't really put much stock in his "event" comics since they just don't survive under scrutiny. His comics are great in the moment but they don't really have a shelf life. They aren't anything really to pull off your shelf and read again and on a second pass if you didn't see the flaws the first time, you'll feel like Karnak on the second pass.

He definitely works on Iron man but I'd be lying if I felt he didn't limp dick his way through some of it. It's understandable given that he was chronically late and we had other writers filling in but he definitely has issues sticking the landing.

I’ve problem with Slott cuz of his SpiderMan run. It’s personal

If I was Tony, I’d hate them forever too. Using an innocent kid as a decoy to protect another. Real Classy.
    I know. I wonder if Marvel knows how bad this makes Howard and Maria look. Also Howard would force alcohol on Tony and say it was to make him a man. It's disgusting.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I know. I wonder if Marvel knows how bad this makes Howard and Maria look. Also Howard would force alcohol on Tony and say it was to make him a man. It's disgusting.
    Oo shitt! I remember reading something like that somewhere. Is it from an old run?

Oo shitt! I remember reading something like that somewhere. Is it from an old run?
    Yes. It's from Iron Man volume 1 issue #313. It was a really good single issue story about Tony spending the New Year in a AA meeting.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-30-2019 at 06:50 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Yes. It's from Iron Man volume issue #313. It was a really good single issue story about Tony spending the New Year in a AA meeting.
    That’s sad. Howard is a fucked but I liked him in Hickmans SHILED.

Bendis was the one who took Arno out of the iron lung.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Tony's in Web of Black Widow #1, here's the preview:
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...black-widow-1/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Tony's in Web of Black Widow #1, here's the preview:
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...black-widow-1/
    I was thinking of picking this up. Now I’m definitely getting it lol. When does this come out? Next week?
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-30-2019 at 04:49 PM.

The Old Man Quill preview irritated me. Stark's armors have responded to mental commands for a least forty years. They don't need a Reed Richards upgrade to give them that ability.

I was thinking of picking this up. Now I’m definitely getting it lol. When does this come out? Next week?
    Yeah, Wednesday 4 September.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Wednesday 4 September.
    Thanks for the info. I’ll make sure to pick it up.