Page 139 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2505

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel
    But Arno Stark won't be alone: War Machine, Rescue, Ironheart will all have roles to play in the new series. The Robot Rebellion will also feature some familiar robots from the Marvel Universe including Machine Man AKA Aaron Stack, Jocasta, the Vision, Albert (the robotic Wolverine character), Elsie-Dee, Machinesmith, Nick Fury LMDs, Death’s Head, the Mad Thinker and his Awesome Android, Quasimodo, H.E.R.B.I.E., the Dreadnaughts, Brynocki, Alkhema and M-11.
    SLOTT BRINGING MY SON BRYNOCKI BACK (Again)!

Um uh... new armor, who dis?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    SLOTT BRINGING MY SON BRYNOCKI BACK (Again)!

Um uh... new armor, who dis?

The other Iron Heroes sound secondary to the robots :P.

(I guess this means Rhodey becomes War Machine again?).

What if this grey bot is Tony and the book is actually a John Walker Cap/Steve The Captain type thing in the middle of an AI war.

Finally, Slott can pick up his most important plot thread!

This is getting me more depressed by each announcement.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

iMan 42s

If nothing else it just needs to come out on time.

Seriously Slott I know you look at these boards, we're counting on you.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana View Post
    Death's Head?

Oh my God... guys, that Death's Head page in Marvel #1001 was a flash-forward! A preview of what's to come in Iron Man 2020! So add Machine Teen and Viv Vision to that list of involved robots.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-04-2019 at 08:39 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Arno replacing Tony is not totally unexpected and seems like it will be fairly interesting but truth be told the whole replace major Marvel hero trope is really starting to lose it's appeal to me because of how frequently it's been happening in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Arno replacing Tony is not totally unexpected and seems like it will be fairly interesting but truth be told the whole replace major Marvel hero trope is really starting to lose it's appeal to me because of how frequently it's been happening in recent years.
    And it’s been happening to Tony for a while.

Astonishing Member

It IS unfortunate that other writers have done it with Tony so recently, because the timing of 2020 is absolutely the right time for him to be telling this Arno Stark story and it isn't Dan Slott's fault that other writers have played the "replace Tony" card so recently. Its just a case of unfortunate timing. I do trust Dan to give us an excellent ride with this story though--and that ultimately he will put things right with Tony in the end.

In the meantime, I am going to very much enjoy all the awesome robots, androids, etc that Dan is working into the series -- Machinesmith and Alkhema in particular delight me. I hope he also revisits Agents Cheesecake and Beefcake, the SHIELD sexpionage LMDs introduced in his SHE-HULK run.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Thanks for this list and the pic. That is the most complete picture of Tony's armors I've seen yet.
    You're very welcome, Tony Stark. When I found the pic, I thought of you and all your friends at CBR.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    It IS unfortunate that other writers have done it with Tony so recently, because the timing of 2020 is absolutely the right time for him to be telling this Arno Stark story and it isn't Dan Slott's fault that other writers have played the "replace Tony" card so recently. Its just a case of unfortunate timing. I do trust Dan to give us an excellent ride with this story though--and that ultimately he will put things right with Tony in the end.

In the meantime, I am going to very much enjoy all the awesome robots, androids, etc that Dan is working into the series -- Machinesmith and Alkhema in particular delight me. I hope he also revisits Agents Cheesecake and Beefcake, the SHIELD sexpionage LMDs introduced in his SHE-HULK run.
    I wish I had the same positive attitude and faith in Dan, I’m p critical of him and his work. I’m dreading what’s coming!

iMan 42s

The thing is, you can tell a story of Arno getting into a suit without him taking over the book, that's what happened in Gillen's run towards the end. A 2020 story can still happen without the need to replace Tony since in the end they are brothers and it didn't seem like Tony had much a problem with him. Well then the Slott book happens and while they don't seem to hate each other, I'm not exactly seeing the transition into Iron man. Maybe guilt over what happened to Tony..., but Arno doesn't have anything to do with that. How the Hell could he have known Ultron would show up and happen to be working on the same thing?

Like I've said, it's gonna be scrutinized hard. It is a victim of timing but that's gonna mean dick to the general consumer and given delays and the awkwardness of jumping on board this is gonna have to be a big deal (in a good way). Iron man is not The Amazing Spider-man. You can't just play another Superior Spider-man especially in this age when the nearest comparison Infamous Iron man just happened.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post

True. I think is something more to the editors to keep in mind. Save deaths/replacements/comatoses for really special occasions.

Maybe it is time to think of something more stable to Iron Man book, specially Tony's role on it.

lmaoooo. Using all of Tony's supporting characters but replacing Tony. Dan Slott can **** off. I regret him ever coming on this book.