Page 14 of 167 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    I'll post a couple more as their own posts, but here are some links to some others:

https://twitter.com/Bob_Layton/statu...37182116511744

https://twitter.com/Bob_Layton/statu...51978650583041
    They are all great, but these 2 are really sweet. I loved Bad Blood the mini series and that first one would make a great print. It's beautiful.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 01-28-2019 at 02:36 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

One of my favorite Iron Man covers and issues of all time. Seeing Tony one shot the Hulk was AWESOME! Not to many characters can say that.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    What storyline/creative team that made you a fan of old shellhead?
    Storyline - "Escape from Heaven's Hand!" (Iron Man #152)

Creative team - Michelinie/Layton/JRJR
    Last edited by K7P5V; 01-28-2019 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Made a few additions.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Yeah, I saw that. Could also be a young Natasha, especially with Black Widow getting her own film soon.

Spectacular Member

So, this may have been covered in the thread already, but when do you guys think the Mandarin is gonna comeback? He hasn't been used since Fraction left in 2012, and I think it has been too long. The Mandarin is one of the most interesting Marvel villains IMO, and I really hope Slott uses him (and knowing his love of classic villains, I feel like he will inevitably).

I don't know, but if he does use the Mandarin, I hope he dumps that retconned garbage where he begins as a poor peasant. The original Stan Lee origin where he's like some cross between Roman Sionis, X-23, and Christopher Columbus is a lot cooler. A child who was raised by an evil aunt who squandered all his wealth turning him into a super-soldier, and who then went exploring and conquering, using the alien tech he discovered to conquer the very villages whose land he found that tech on.

He's currently dead via The Punisher

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    He's currently dead via The Punisher
    Yeah, but that fight made zero sense. The Mandarin is a superhuman martial artist who survives via dodging and hardening his flesh with chi. He doesn't stand there like a derp behind a force-field like Magneto. So that story is the easiest thing in the world to retcon. It was so utterly Unmandariny that it practically begs to be retconned.

I'm sure it will turn out to have been a fake Mandarin who died at some point.
    Last edited by MichaelC; 01-28-2019 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Yeah, but that fight made zero sense. The Mandarin is a superhuman martial artist who survives via dodging and hardening his flesh with chi. He doesn't stand there like a derp behind a force-field like Magneto. So that story is the easiest thing in the world to retcon. It was so utterly Unmandariny that it practically begs to be retconned.
    Alright well until that happens, he's dead lol

mandarin even being in punisher with no explanation is some of that now iconic rosenberg alternative continuity
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

iMan 42s

Like how the Fantastic Four need to stop using Doctor Doom, Iron man really should not use Mandarin.
    Iron man has many a villain that not only can be updated given many of them are tech-based, but he has some real out there bad guys like Unicorn, Blizzard, Firebrand (one of them was living humanoid fire in a dynamo), and Ultimo.

Why not even let him face other villains? We still have that Maestro from Spider-man 2099 running around which could be the challenge Slott needs for Tony to come up with a newer and smarter way of fighting Hulk, rather than another buster that wont work. Have him face Kang, the futurist versus the guy who lived it, every version of that future. If Tony Stark is the smartest one there is, he can build his way out of any problem, then showcase that. He's seen Mandarin before, he knows the rings inside and out and has disabled them. How about a change up?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    He's seen Mandarin before, he knows the rings inside and out and has disabled them. How about a change up?
    The Mandarin is not his rings. He can attack on every level: economic, political, and psychological. The rings are the least scary thing about the Mandarin. Saying he knows the rings inside and out is like saying he knows Black Panther's claws inside and out.

Wanted to ask my fellow Shell Heads a question. Do any of you also read X-Men comics. I asked because I am rereading Gillens run on Iron Man and in the series Tony is on a planet and is charged with deicide because he killed the phoenix, but did he? Has the phoenix been back since Avengers vs. X-Men? Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Wanted to ask my fellow Shell Heads a question. Do any of you also read X-Men comics. I asked because I am rereading Gillens run on Iron Man and in the series Tony is on a planet and is charged with deicide because he killed the phoenix, but did he? Has the phoenix been back since Avengers vs. X-Men? Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.
    Haven't read those, but you may find an answer by scrolling down to Marvel Now then Marvel's Legacy and Resurrection, etc.

https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Dark_Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    Haven't read those, but you may find an answer by scrolling down to Marvel Now then Marvel's Legacy and Resurrection, etc.

https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Dark_Phoenix
    Thanks for the help. It really doesn't say to much here about the Phoenix being gone now, but I'll try and find some more info it.