Page 165 of 167 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167 LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 2505

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    ......why? I don't understand why it's even called "classic". It's his, what? Fourth or fifth armor? He wore it for, what, sixteen, seventeen years out of the fifty-five he's existed?
    It's the classic because it was the first of that initial raw batch that clicked, 20 years is a long time in which it was used in tons of seminal stories, Tony having an armor for more than a third of his entire history is a big deal when most suits are lucky to get three years, and it is the fundamental model from which all Iron Man design is based off of. In short, it's the greatest of all time.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Just caught up on the last few issues. The only story hook that has me really excited is Arno.
    Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    ......why? I don't understand why it's even called "classic". It's his, what? Fourth or fifth armor? He wore it for, what, sixteen, seventeen years out of the fifty-five he's existed?
    It's his third. And yeah, he wore it through most of the 60s and throughout the 70s, eventually replacing it with the Silver Centurion in the 80s when he returned after Rhodey's stint as Iron Man.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-15-2019 at 07:05 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's supposed to be Tony's nickname, not the armour's. In fact, it's a reference to his PREVIOUS suit - which was a gold painted version of the original clunky one.
    I get that, but people are treating it like that's what the armor is called for some reason .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I get that, but people are treating it like that's what the armor is called for some reason .
    It's part of the fertilization of this armor that I've never understood. I love Tony Stark, but I don't care in the slightest what model of armor he's wearing. It's like watching someone go back to using a decade old computer. Why?

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    It's the classic because it was the first of that initial raw batch that clicked, 20 years is a long time in which it was used in tons of seminal stories, Tony having an armor for more than a third of his entire history is a big deal when most suits are lucky to get three years, and it is the fundamental model from which all Iron Man design is based off of. In short, it's the greatest of all time.
    It should also be noted that armor for the most part is generational with creative teams changing things even on the existing suit hence changes in the chest plate, nose, and helmet rivets. It is important to note that the classic design does have a history, but the classic is also not his original red and gold. The original red and gold is a different armor entirely from the ones we saw throughout much of the 60's and 70's. The armor most people assume is the original red and gold actually comes much later with the original he used facing Mr.Doll actually looking something like this;
    Iron man original.jpg
    The big takeaway is in reality that the color scheme and overall slim appearance is what caused the armor to be so well liked. What's more is that according to Marvel Database it would even debut within the same year. The original debuting in March with the original red and gold appearing in December of 1963. So as a result there wasn't even that much of a status quo for the suit given the creative team had still been making adjustments and would even continue after this. However Iron man wouldn't have a dedicated title up until 1968 where this design shows up on the cover. Furthermore given what we know of Marvel on Hulk was that they had a hard time printing gray and artists preferred simple but dynamic outfits. So the outfit that's typically deemed the classic would come later and even have a few alternate costumes and adjustments even then up to the appearance of Silver Centurion.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Golden Avenger?" Is that what that armor's been called? I'm really not sure I see why it's a morale booster though.

Poor Rhodey. Back as War Machine and already jobbing .
    That should be his tagline.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That should be his tagline.
    Hopefully they show him kicking some ass this issue. To see him back in the armor should be significant as he has avoided it for so long, but now he knows it’s needed now.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Unless the retro armor that TONY will be using in issue 19 has the roller skates, then I’m ambivalent.

As far as Rhode goes, no eidolon armor, no War Machine.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Article about Tony going retro in Ultron Agenda.
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-tony-st...ultron-agenda/
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Tony has been the golden Avenger ever since he painted his grey bulky armor all gold way back in TOS #40 and has been ever since. Doesn’t matter what armor he is wearing. All his armors are cool throughout the evolution of them. The iconic ones still pop up from time to time. He is most associated with the sleek red and gold armor minus the horns and rivets. I love seeing it again. It won’t last but it is nice to see him appear in it again.

Looking forward to Iron Man 2020!
    Last edited by Dreaded Porcupine; 12-20-2019 at 09:39 AM.

interesting foreshadowing in the latest issue of History of the Marvel Universe concerning Tony
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

BANNED

Poor tony. I knew this was going to happen. Now Arno is the new Stark in charge, and probably he has realy messed plans for the world

BANNED

I've just barely cracked this week's massive stack of comics but I had to pause and say how much I loved today's IM. The entire Ultron Agenda arc has been excellent and Slott and co. really stick the landing on it. I loved every inch of this finale. It works as a finale for Slott's IM run up to now while teeing up IM 2020 gracefully and it leaves everyone in an interesting place. Without giving any spoilers, I'm very happy where Tony is at the end of this issue, even if Tony himself isn't too cheerful about it. Slott is setting up a classic Tony digs himself out of a hole (emotionally, financially, etc.) story and I think it's going to be great.

Looking at the Legacy numbering, if IM 2020 is going to be six issues and if it retains the original IM numbering, the final issue will be IM #625, which they'll surely make into a big anniversary issue and set up a relaunch with Tony's return. At least that's how I expect things will play out.

In the meantime, thumbs up for this week's big finale and I'm more stoked than ever to see what Slott has cooked up for 2020!

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    interesting foreshadowing in the latest issue of History of the Marvel Universe concerning Tony
    spoilers:
    Why would Emma opt to date a non-mutant?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Poor tony. I knew this was going to happen. Now Arno is the new Stark in charge, and probably he has realy messed plans for the world
    spoilers:
    Poor Janet too. Believing himself a fraud, Tony dumped her. Nadia's gonna be pissed off when she finds out! Fake Tony can expect a Wasp sting in his derriere when she catches him.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman