Page 166 of 167 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167 LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 2505
    iMan 42s

The legality of this issue hurts and the implications for even Rhodey makes the whole thing hurt more. Like I get what it wants to do but this sort of thing would take significantly longer to hash out than right up to New Years. Human rights even if artificial (being created) is an awkward subject considering the existence of clones, aliens, robots, time travelers, etc..., it's just a little too much to hand-wave away as "not counting" to have just been glossed over here. Which is really a critique of the book as a whole seeing as it keeps bringing this up and doesn't have an answer as to what the nature of those rights are to even be taking them away.

Otherwise the issue is fine even if Maria should know what a live-recording is.
    It's passable as a comic earning itself a solid B. But I'm deducting a whole grade since it doesn't have any sort of answer or clarification to the points it itself brought up on top of it fumbling the ball as to Arno even getting the company, what he gets, and how quickly he got it. This in addition to Arno's heel turn which I don't think is fully earned even if it is getting there.
    Honestly I'm more intrigued how receptive people are going to be to the follow up to this since Iron man is getting dangerously close to the cancellation line. It definitely needs to win readers back and I'm not so sure how a Superior Spider-man type relaunch is going to do it. Best of luck to Slott.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Amazing Member

[QUOTE=Digifiend;4740395]spoilers:
    Why would Emma opt to date a non-mutant?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I was thinking the same thing. But maybe is more of a storyline than an actuall marriege
    end of spoilers but since DC's Doomsday Clook I'll never trust "future" in comics again. No one fool me twice.

I'm dropped TS:IM to save some money for some IM 2020 tie-ins, so I'll skip what happens this week.

Anyway, Tony is a central part of Abram's new Spider-Man issue. It is very cute. I think worth to check this one.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Should she? She's been dead for what, 20 years? Back then, the only place you'd have seen such footage is on TV. They were watching a hacked CCTV webstream, that tech didn't exist back then, Internet speeds were too slow for live streaming video.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Should she? She's been dead for what, 20 years? Back then, the only place you'd have seen such footage is on TV. They were watching a hacked CCTV webstream, that tech didn't exist back then, Internet speeds were too slow for live streaming video.
    A live recording is a live recording and she'd be able to understand that as the technology has existed since the 1970's. With the sliding time-scale it means at best she died anywhere between the mid-80's and 90's meaning that the technology should exist regardless of whether it's digital or not.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

A live recording is a live recording and she'd be able to understand that as the technology has existed since the 1970's. With the sliding time-scale it means at best she died anywhere between the mid-80's and 90's meaning that the technology should exist regardless of whether it's digital or not.
    And I thought that the mental imprint of this Maria came form Motherboard, so she should know a lot about informatic

Did they show anymore of Tony being back in time in the newest issue of Avengers?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

..... Yea ok, Dan Slott is really bad. He always take good concepts but his execution and delivery are garbage. This run was a nightmare mostly, but I stuck through it because of Tony. Buttt daaaamnn, this was horrible.

Something that’s pissing me off is his portrayal of Maria Stark. I mean, did Dan Slott ever read previous Iron Man comic! Cuz he clearly didn’t do his homework and it’s showing.

Exhibit A
    BDE5EA53-F7A0-4647-A52B-EB1C22A04826.jpg

Exhibit B
    23EC4548-8B7F-46FF-9A37-7F7E185DBEE2.jpg
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Exhibit C

44426C89-84F0-4F79-B76B-CBB3607F0EEC.jpg

7F9360C5-DD42-443A-ABA0-352DD60CF21E.jpg

Not only did he forget to do his homework, He clearly has little knowledge of adoption and adoptive parents. This is an insult to every good adoptive Mom. Maybe I’m taking it personal but idc at this point.

So not hyped for Iron man 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    interesting foreshadowing in the latest issue of History of the Marvel Universe concerning Tony
    That’s hot, and I approve it!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Did they show anymore of Tony being back in time in the newest issue of Avengers?
    They did. There's a few pages devoted to it.

BANNED

She simply asks if what they're watching is live or not. I don't think the confusion is that hard to understand.

It could be taped footage for all she knew.

The legality of this issue hurts and the implications for even Rhodey makes the whole thing hurt more. Like I get what it wants to do but this sort of thing would take significantly longer to hash out than right up to New Years. Human rights even if artificial (being created) is an awkward subject considering the existence of clones, aliens, robots, time travelers, etc..., it's just a little too much to hand-wave away as "not counting" to have just been glossed over here. Which is really a critique of the book as a whole seeing as it keeps bringing this up and doesn't have an answer as to what the nature of those rights are to even be taking them away.

It's passable as a comic earning itself a solid B. But I'm deducting a whole grade since it doesn't have any sort of answer or clarification to the points it itself brought up on top of it fumbling the ball as to Arno even getting the company, what he gets, and how quickly he got it. This in addition to Arno's heel turn which I don't think is fully earned even if it is getting there.
    Honestly I'm more intrigued how receptive people are going to be to the follow up to this since Iron man is getting dangerously close to the cancellation line. It definitely needs to win readers back and I'm not so sure how a Superior Spider-man type relaunch is going to do it. Best of luck to Slott.
    It really does feel like Slott’s trying to do Superior Spider-Man again without earning it. If there’s any silver lining, it’s that Iron Man 2020 is only a 6 issue mini though I’m hoping Slott either steps up his game or we get a new writer after because Slott really seems to have a poor grasp on the characters especially Tony, Arno, and Machine Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    They did. There's a few pages devoted to it.
    Thanks Prof. Warren. Your help is greatly appreciated.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Amazing Member

Is it possible that the hand in this picture is Arno's?
    IMG_20191220_023657.jpg
    Arno is the only one who has motivation to kidnap Coma-Tony without any security noticed. That's mean he planned to create Fake-Tony, then wait for him to realize himself that he is fake. Then boom! Situation right now handed all of Stark industry to Arno Stark.

Then the only way to defeat Arno legally in the end of Iron Man 2020 event is finding Coma-Tony. The Search for Tony Stark arc has NOT finished yet!!

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelJean View Post
    Is it possible that the hand in this picture is Arno's?
    IMG_20191220_023657.jpg
    Arno is the only one who has motivation to kidnap Coma-Tony without any security noticed. That's mean he planned to create Fake-Tony, then wait for him to realize himself that he is fake. Then boom! Situation right now handed all of Stark industry to Arno Stark.

Then the only way to defeat Arno legally in the end of Iron Man 2020 event is finding Coma-Tony. The Search for Tony Stark arc has NOT finished yet!!
    I don't know if Slott would go that deep...but it's possible.