Page 32 of 167 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...k-iron-man-12/

So-- The book isn't really getting delayed over and over, it's just that there was one delay and every issue has to slide back into a proper place because they're announced early (because Marvel refused to pull it out of new solicits), but that makes a lot of sense if WOTR ends in June. Since they have to get the whole two issue tie-in arc out before the event is over, then they can just announce the second part in June solicits, double ship in June and be ready for a normal schedule by July. If that happens, the book will have put out 13 issues in its first year, effectively making it seem like there was never even a delay in the first place. Huzzah!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

So-- The book isn't really getting delayed over and over, it's just that there was one delay and every issue has to slide back into a proper place because they're announced early (because Marvel refused to pull it out of new solicits), but that makes a lot of sense if WOTR ends in June. Since they have to get the whole two issue tie-in arc out before the event is over, then they can just announce the second part in June solicits, double ship in June and be ready for a normal schedule by July. If that happens, the book will have put out 13 issues in its first year, effectively making it seem like there was never even a delay in the first place. Huzzah!
    I still consider it a delay because if Marvel would've just put out a statement on the delays then simply moving things back across the board then it wouldn't have been considered so much of a problem. Sure Tony Stark:Iron man, has indeed been releasing. But if it does not have a consistent schedule and we aren't updating the proper release date until we get on it, it might as well would be a delay. Sure in the long-run it will seem like nothing ever happened, but this delay still required two new writers and a series of new release dates fumbling momentum. It doesn't matter if its one or five, you still had a series of corrections to the release schedule and who was doing what.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

I hope this happens so the book can get on track. It should end up ok as he has a new writer helping him and a fill in for 2 issues. So it should get back on track.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

"We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    That's cool. I saw on EBAY a seller selling Tony Stark and a lot of his armors from Iron Man 3 in Lego form. I am thinking about getting them as they are really neat and don't take up as much space lol.

They asked this in Daredevil appreciation thread so I’ll ask it here. Do any of you have an Iron Man wallpaper on your phone or another hero? This is mines. 46FC1334-71D6-4FAE-BAEE-015E8D2BB2B5.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    They asked this in Daredevil appreciation thread so I’ll ask it here. Do any of you have an Iron Man wallpaper on your phone or another hero? This is mines. 46FC1334-71D6-4FAE-BAEE-015E8D2BB2B5.jpg
    Iron Man Flag.jpg

Mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That’s a great one to. I love that cover.

Some more Iron Man pics. This is when Wonder Man had his Revengers team.
    51283473_2162110807217170_7555093875937771520_n.jpg

Very cool.

source

I finally got to read the first trade of Slott's run and thought I shared my thoughts:

- Slott's characterization for Tony is on-point. Forward-thinking, daring, flirty, compassionate, and introspective when he needs to be.

- The art is gorgeous. All the new armors look cool, and you can see Slott's love for cartoons and toys shine through. Although what false advertising with the Extremis suit always being on covers when it never actually appears .

- Stop trying to make Amanda Armstrong a thing. She doesn't really feel like she adds anything to the story aside from being the "cool old lady," and every time they reference her being an "ex-SHIELD Agent" it feels like a joke no one else is in on when you actually look at what she did as a SHIELD Agent (which wasn't all that much/impressive).

- Sunset Bain reminds me of a gender-flipped version of MCU Justin Hammer, except she's good enough to actually get away with her crimes. I wonder if she and Tony slept together? Seemed like she kind of implied it during her dinner with Arno.

- Nice to see Slott remembers Gauntlet from the Initiative.

- I continue to see this trend in Slott's work where the supporting cast needs to be so integral to the hero saving the day or providing the hero with the means to win, or even bailing out the hero. I guess it explains why these characters are around but I prefer my Superheroes to solve their problems on their own more often then not.

- Rhodey having armor PTSD I guess isn't too unrealistic for what he's gone through, but will definitely not stick. I'm kind of bummed we only got to see the War Machine armor in action for one issue.

- It's nice to see Bethany back, although I wish she and Tony interacted more (and flirted more, but that's the shipper in me).

- I preferred Friday's AI design to her robot body, even if I guess she looks less like Pepper now.

- I get what Slott is doing with Jocasta but I feel like she's walking a fine-line between being interesting and being kind of grating with her reaction to AI's in the comic. And that Machine Man romance seems short-lived.

- I'm always down for more Janet Van Dyne, and Slott has a good grasp of her voice, and she and Tony have a pretty fun dynamic. I'm down for seeing how their relationship develops even if I think Hank and what happened the last time they dated should weigh on their current relationship a little more. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    Very cool.

source
    Those do look pretty wicked. Hope it doesn't happen in Endgame lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I finally got to read the first trade of Slott's run and thought I shared my thoughts:

- Slott's characterization for Tony is on-point. Forward-thinking, daring, flirty, compassionate, and introspective when he needs to be.

- The art is gorgeous. All the new armors look cool, and you can see Slott's love for cartoons and toys shine through. Although what false advertising with the Extremis suit always being on covers when it never actually appears .

- Stop trying to make Amanda Armstrong a thing. She doesn't really feel like she adds anything to the story aside from being the "cool old lady," and every time they reference her being an "ex-SHIELD Agent" it feels like a joke no one else is in on when you actually look at what she did as a SHIELD Agent (which wasn't all that much/impressive).

- Sunset Bain reminds me of a gender-flipped version of MCU Justin Hammer, except she's good enough to actually get away with her crimes. I wonder if she and Tony slept together? Seemed like she kind of implied it during her dinner with Arno.

- I continue to see this trend in Slott's work where the supporting cast needs to be so integral to the hero saving the day or providing the hero with the means to win, or even bailing out the hero. I guess it explains why these characters are around but I prefer my Superheroes to solve their problems on their own more often then not.

- Rhodey having armor PTSD I guess isn't too unrealistic for what he's gone through, but will definitely not stick. I'm kind of bummed we only got to see the War Machine armor in action for one issue.

- It's nice to see Bethany back, although I wish she and Tony interacted more (and flirted more, but that's the shipper in me).

- I preferred Friday's AI design to her robot body, even if I guess she looks less like Pepper now.

- I get what Slott is doing with Jocasta but I feel like she's walking a fine-line between being interesting and being kind of grating with her reaction to AI's in the comic. And that Machine Man romance seems short-lived.

- I'm always down for more Janet Van Dyne, and Slott has a good grasp of her voice, and she and Tony have a pretty fun dynamic. I'm down for seeing how their relationship develops even if I think Hank and what happened the last time they dated should weigh on their current relationship a little more. But that's just me.
    I agree with you on most points, but I wanted to address 2 of them. You hit it on the head with the Amanda Armstrong angle. It really is beating a dead horse. Also the point you made about the supporting characters saving the day more than the hero himself. I prefer my hero do most of that to, but the supporting characters have to chip in as well. It shouldn't be more than the hero though. At least imo. I see it a little bit so far, but I don't think that will be the case too much or I'm hoping it won't be.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 03-05-2019 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Of course he does. He wrote that book and created him.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman