Page 45 of 167 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    VR game! With Josh Keaton as Tony! And Friday! And Ghost (I assume)! That I'll never be able to afford! Thank you, Sony!

Josh Keaton? I'm kind of surprised they didn't go with Mick Wingert. Not that I'm complaining, I love Josh Keaton and it's refreshing to hear an Iron Man VA who's not just doing an RDJ impression .

It's kind of funny that they always reduce Friday's accent to a more generic British accent. I like her design here.

I guess we're finally starting to see the mixing between comic Ghost and MCU Ghost.

Out of all the VR's I've seen, this looks pretty darn cool and original...and maybe the closest we'll get to a good Iron Man game anytime soon.

Friday and Tony in other video
    Last edited by juan678; 03-25-2019 at 03:07 PM.

VR game! With Josh Keaton as Tony! And Friday! And Ghost (I assume)! That I'll never be able to afford! Thank you, Sony!

Really? a VR game?

Not interested and am mad about it.

Yow! I looked up virtual reality prices, and that is hella expensive.
    Last edited by MichaelC; 03-25-2019 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Yow! I looked up virtual reality prices, and that is hella expensive.
    I was just gonna explain what VR is. They are costly and I don’t find them entertaining at all. My broke ass don’t like expensive ****

I don't like that guy's voice. He sounds light and shallow. I prefer how RDJ sounds like someone thoughtful and with a weight on his mind. I could be wrong judging from one cutscene and the fact that they are emphasizing the VR experience, but I suspect this will be rather bland, storywise.

I don't like that guy's voice. He sounds light and shallow. I prefer how RDJ sounds like someone thoughtful and with a weight on his mind.
    Owch! Agreed.

-Villain confirmed to be Ghost
    -More enemies and allies included
    -Armor design by Granov
    -Been in development for two years
    -VR gear prices have me shook

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Owch! Agreed.
    Honestly, this feels like they are making the same mistake lots of people with a superficial knowledge of Stark make: thinking he's cheerful and shallow. Stark is someone who has had a tremendous amount of suffering and he sounds like it. He sometimes says things that sound shallow, but it's an act to cheer up friends and confuse enemies, and just generally as gallows-humor. Someone like RDJ is great at subtly conveying that via subtle tone of voice shifts and expressions. This guy? Not so much.

iMan 42s

They had one job and managed to **** that up spectacularly.

Who was asking for Iron man in VR?
    The interface usually sucks, the animations are stiff, and its usually on rails. You can do this **** in an arcade, not a damn 60 dollar title. Are they out of their fucking minds? Have developers really not yet learned that these games don't work?

Look I get the appeal of being Iron man, I am a fan and own far more props than I care to admit, but SEGA of all companies had the right idea and Anthem just proved the mobility works with the right tweaking. Suit combat, mods, and upgrades with an environment to truly take advantage of Tony's ingenuity, and we got a god damned bargain bin title out of the gate. Way to go Marvel, this game is dead on arrival. YOU HAD ONE JOB MARVEL, WHAT THE HELL?!
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post

The interface usually sucks, the animations are stiff, and its usually on rails. You can do this **** in an arcade, not a damn 60 dollar title. Are they out of their fucking minds? Have developers really not yet learned that these games don't work?

Look I get the appeal of being Iron man, I am a fan and own far more props than I care to admit, but SEGA of all companies had the right idea and Anthem just proved the mobility works with the right tweaking. Suit combat, mods, and upgrades with an environment to truly take advantage of Tony's ingenuity, and we got a god damned bargain bin title out of the gate. Way to go Marvel, this game is dead on arrival. YOU HAD ONE JOB MARVEL, WHAT THE HELL?!
    I would have much preferred a normal PC game that focused on story. This, this feels like it is going to be a shallow combat game that could just as easily have been a generic jet-fighter game.

Honestly, this feels like they are making the same mistake lots of people with a superficial knowledge of Stark make: thinking he's cheerful and shallow. Stark is someone who has had a tremendous amount of suffering and he sounds like it. He sometimes says things that sound shallow, but it's an act to cheer up friends and confuse enemies, and just generally as gallows-humor. Someone like RDJ is great at subtly conveying that via subtle tone of voice shifts and expressions. This guy? Not so much.
    This 100%. I know RDJs portrayal was different from the comic counterpart but I think it landed well. You can tell he is suffering, and is hurting yet humourous. I won’t judge Josh Keaton’s performance from this trailer alone but they did **** up by making a VR game because no one is buying.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post

Dude! I feel your frustration. It’s like a big “what the actual fuckity **** fuck” situation, I don’t understand what made them green lit this game to begin with. I thought after Marvels SpiderMan they would step up their game but nope, here we have this ****.

-Armor design by Granov

Developed for 2 years? It’s rushed too? Jeez, Marvel!

-Armor design by Granov

Looking at this...couldn't we have just gotten a fully-fledged Iron Man game?
    I mean, Josh Keaton could make reading a phone book sound charming so I'd blame the direction more then the VA, personally. I just appreciate that he doesn't try and sound like RDJ like other Iron Man VA's have.

iMan 42s

I am impressed that a studio could screw up what the fan base wanted THIS badly. It looks like one of those titles where you get motion sickness and then realize you could've played this on your phone. So instead of going to a big studio with an established track-record for the face of the MCU (because lets be real, that's the audience they're selling to) they landed a developer nobodies heard of that mostly does podcasts?...

Best part, I googled the developers and I have utterly no idea how they landed this title. They have one game and a VR port of their same game to their resume. That's it. The website hardly works as well because the page is actually missing when you click on their games. It was apparently released in 2013, that was 6 years ago and Iron man has been in development for two. It's apparently so easy to get an Iron man title going that you have to have practically nothing on your resume to get it.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.