Page 59 of 167 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast

Avengers Endgame Trailer Spoof - TOON SANDWICH

Haven't been following the War of the Realms event so far. Is it worth looking into to read for Iron Man? Are there specific minis or spin offs from the main book that I should look into or just the main one?

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Haven't been following the War of the Realms event so far. Is it worth looking into to read for Iron Man? Are there specific minis or spin offs from the main book that I should look into or just the main one?
    He's been in it just a little bit, but he is supposed to become a bigger part soon. It's a really good event so far though.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    He's been in it just a little bit, but he is supposed to become a bigger part soon. It's a really good event so far though.
    Okay cool!!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I could definitely see this on a wall in my house. Really stunning art.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    This is probably my least favorite, but I still dig it.

I'm thinking about getting into Iron Man. I'm a DC guy, and haven't read a Marvel comic since the early 90's. Basically, everything I know about the characters, I learned from the MCU...so where should I start with Iron Man? Marvel is a bit daunting, with the #1's & various series...I have a couple things I'm looking for:

1: Preferably looking for a completed story/run. Not really looking to start with current floppies.

2. I'm looking for something modern-ish. Everyone knows Demon in a Bottle is essential reading, but I don't want to start that old. Probably 2000 or later, and I could jump into the older stuff later.

That's it. What say you?
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I'm thinking about getting into Iron Man. I'm a DC guy, and haven't read a Marvel comic since the early 90's. Basically, everything I know about the characters, I learned from the MCU...so where should I start with Iron Man? Marvel is a bit daunting, with the #1's & various series...I have a couple things I'm looking for:

1: Preferably looking for a completed story/run. Not really looking to start with current floppies.

2. I'm looking for something modern-ish. Everyone knows Demon in a Bottle is essential reading, but I don't want to start that old. Probably 2000 or later, and I could jump into the older stuff later.

That's it. What say you?
    You can never go wrong with Warren Ellis' Extremis.

Another recommendation would be Quesada's Mask in the Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    You can never go wrong with Warren Ellis' Extremis.

Another recommendation would be Quesada's Mask in the Iron Man.
    Thanks for the recs! I found Extremis just now on Comixology Unlimited, so I guess I'll be reading that first.

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Just saw Endgame. What an incredible experience. The last hour was just superb.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Thanks for the recs! I found Extremis just now on Comixology Unlimited, so I guess I'll be reading that first.
    If you want you could read Extremis and continue with that volume and go from there. Let's us know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    If you want you could read Extremis and continue with that volume and go from there. Let's us know what you think.
    So, if I'm reading comixology correctly, Extremis is Iron Man (2004) 1-6, and then the writer changes and it runs 7-12 before tying into Civil War with 13-14. And then it looks like it ends (unless that's just all comixology has). If I read issues 1-12, where do I go from there? Straight to Civil War? What's the next IM series after Ellis/Knauf?

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Iron_Man_Vol_4
    After issue 16, indicia changes to call it Invincible Iron Man:
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Invin...Iron_Man_Vol_1
    After issue 28, book splits in two:
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Iron_...I.E.L.D._Vol_1
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Invin...Iron_Man_Vol_2

Sounds like Comixology Unlimited only has the first two TPBs. Use Marvel Unlimited instead.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman