Page 6 of 143 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 2131
  1. #76
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,180

    Default

    Can you link to this?

  2. #77
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Stark Unlimited
    Posts
    5,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    Tony is in Captain Marvel #1 and Squirrel Girl.
    I haven't read them yet, but was Tony a skrull the whole time?
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

  3. #78
    Incredible Member okiedokiewo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Can you link to this?
    It's something more said/debated during the time period when IW came out, so I can't link to much recent discussion.

    I don't want to single out anyone, but here is an edited tweet posted today of someone who still thinks it's Thor...simply because they hate Tony. As I said, that's their reasoning. (Also this panel is not "comicverse"...it's a tie in with the movie.)

    Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 3.36.10 PM.jpg

  4. #79
    Incredible Member okiedokiewo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I haven't read them yet, but was Tony a skrull the whole time?
    No, not the whole time. And not in the new issue at all.

  5. #80
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Stark Unlimited
    Posts
    5,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    No, not the whole time. And not in the new issue at all.
    Thank you so much.
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

  6. #81

  7. #82
    Incredible Member okiedokiewo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    564

    Default

    I'm seeing speculation today that Rocket will be involved in rescuing Tony and Nebula because of him having the pod.

    Here's the fan speculation I saw posted today.

    http://goose-danvers.tumblr.com/post...troduced-their

    Add it to the pile! Some of my favorite spec that came from the trailer has already been debunked lol.

  8. #83
    Spectacular Member VGCinema's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    earth 65
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    I don't really know that they have an "argument." I've never actually seen actual reasoning. Just that they hate Tony, so Steve couldn't be referring to him. Or they don't understand that both Tony and Steve have shown admiration for each other, even in their estrangement.
    I don't see how anyone can ignore the final scene in Civil War when Cap basically told Tony he'd be there for him if he needs him and Tony's reaction afterwards. I also think if it wasn't for Tony's anxiety he would've called Cap during Infinity War. Seems pretty open and shut to me... but nah it thor cuz he big buff and funni and tony dum

  9. #84
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    12,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VGCinema View Post
    I don't see how anyone can ignore the final scene in Civil War when Cap basically told Tony he'd be there for him if he needs him and Tony's reaction afterwards. I also think if it wasn't for Tony's anxiety he would've called Cap during Infinity War. Seems pretty open and shut to me... but nah it thor cuz he big buff and funni and tony dum
    This is my one big problem with Infinity War (and I've made it clear before so I won't get too into it). They aren't speaking sure, but it shouldn't be all too difficult to get back together given how Civil War ended.

  10. #85
    Incredible Member okiedokiewo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    564

    Default

    How can you not love Squirrel Girl? She’s cheerful, plucky, smart, and always wants to help. Honestly, we kind of see her as the BFF we all want to have. So what does it take to be best friends with Doreen? We asked writer Ryan North for his take on which characters she’d consider her besties, and what she loves most about them.

    Tony Stark
    Tony and Doreen go way back (all the way back to her first appearance!) and they have been scoring points off each other online ever since. Doreen brings out Tony's playful, quippy side (not that it takes much to get that out), and he acts as a mentor for her, even if he's not necessarily the kind of role model that anyone should ever aspire to emulate.


    This is nice.

    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=61962403

  11. #86
    Incredible Member okiedokiewo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    This is my one big problem with Infinity War (and I've made it clear before so I won't get too into it). They aren't speaking sure, but it shouldn't be all too difficult to get back together given how Civil War ended.
    I'm not sure if it was posted here, but one of the alternate openings to the film - which actually was filmed after everything else and was one of those pick-up shoots - was Tony sitting outside or something like that with his flip phone, thinking of calling Steve.

    But from what the writers have said, they tried to fit Tony and Steve's reunion in IW and just couldn't get it to work with the flow and pace of the film.

    Tony isn't on Earth for very long, after all.

    But I know we'll see it in Endgame and I can't wait.

  12. #87
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    12,790

    Default

    Yeah we'll of course see it in Endgame and I'm so excited to see the two of them working together again.

  13. #88
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Stark Unlimited
    Posts
    5,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    How can you not love Squirrel Girl? She’s cheerful, plucky, smart, and always wants to help. Honestly, we kind of see her as the BFF we all want to have. So what does it take to be best friends with Doreen? We asked writer Ryan North for his take on which characters she’d consider her besties, and what she loves most about them.

    Tony Stark
    Tony and Doreen go way back (all the way back to her first appearance!) and they have been scoring points off each other online ever since. Doreen brings out Tony's playful, quippy side (not that it takes much to get that out), and he acts as a mentor for her, even if he's not necessarily the kind of role model that anyone should ever aspire to emulate.


    This is nice.

    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=61962403
    That is really cool. I remember her saying in her first appearance that Tony was her hero.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 01-10-2019 at 02:42 PM.
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

  14. #89
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    18,822

    Default

    First and foremost, this suit is my all-time favorite:



    **********

    The post-Armor Wars suit was a favorite too:



    **********

    Then there's the sheer badassery of the War Machine suit:

    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  15. #90
    Astonishing Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    4,767

    Default

    Knocked this up in a couple hours, art is of course the talented Ryan Meinerding...


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •