Page 6 of 167 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Can you link to this?

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    Tony is in Captain Marvel #1 and Squirrel Girl.
    I haven't read them yet, but was Tony a skrull the whole time?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Can you link to this?
    It's something more said/debated during the time period when IW came out, so I can't link to much recent discussion.

I don't want to single out anyone, but here is an edited tweet posted today of someone who still thinks it's Thor...simply because they hate Tony. As I said, that's their reasoning. (Also this panel is not "comicverse"...it's a tie in with the movie.)

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 3.36.10 PM.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I haven't read them yet, but was Tony a skrull the whole time?
    No, not the whole time. And not in the new issue at all.

No, not the whole time. And not in the new issue at all.
    Thank you so much.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I'm seeing speculation today that Rocket will be involved in rescuing Tony and Nebula because of him having the pod.

Here's the fan speculation I saw posted today.

http://goose-danvers.tumblr.com/post...troduced-their

Add it to the pile! Some of my favorite spec that came from the trailer has already been debunked lol.

I don't really know that they have an "argument." I've never actually seen actual reasoning. Just that they hate Tony, so Steve couldn't be referring to him. Or they don't understand that both Tony and Steve have shown admiration for each other, even in their estrangement.
    I don't see how anyone can ignore the final scene in Civil War when Cap basically told Tony he'd be there for him if he needs him and Tony's reaction afterwards. I also think if it wasn't for Tony's anxiety he would've called Cap during Infinity War. Seems pretty open and shut to me... but nah it thor cuz he big buff and funni and tony dum

Quote Originally Posted by VGCinema View Post
    I don't see how anyone can ignore the final scene in Civil War when Cap basically told Tony he'd be there for him if he needs him and Tony's reaction afterwards. I also think if it wasn't for Tony's anxiety he would've called Cap during Infinity War. Seems pretty open and shut to me... but nah it thor cuz he big buff and funni and tony dum
    This is my one big problem with Infinity War (and I've made it clear before so I won't get too into it). They aren't speaking sure, but it shouldn't be all too difficult to get back together given how Civil War ended.

How can you not love Squirrel Girl? She’s cheerful, plucky, smart, and always wants to help. Honestly, we kind of see her as the BFF we all want to have. So what does it take to be best friends with Doreen? We asked writer Ryan North for his take on which characters she’d consider her besties, and what she loves most about them.

Tony Stark
    Tony and Doreen go way back (all the way back to her first appearance!) and they have been scoring points off each other online ever since. Doreen brings out Tony's playful, quippy side (not that it takes much to get that out), and he acts as a mentor for her, even if he's not necessarily the kind of role model that anyone should ever aspire to emulate.

This is nice.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=61962403

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    This is my one big problem with Infinity War (and I've made it clear before so I won't get too into it). They aren't speaking sure, but it shouldn't be all too difficult to get back together given how Civil War ended.
    I'm not sure if it was posted here, but one of the alternate openings to the film - which actually was filmed after everything else and was one of those pick-up shoots - was Tony sitting outside or something like that with his flip phone, thinking of calling Steve.

But from what the writers have said, they tried to fit Tony and Steve's reunion in IW and just couldn't get it to work with the flow and pace of the film.

Tony isn't on Earth for very long, after all.

But I know we'll see it in Endgame and I can't wait.

Yeah we'll of course see it in Endgame and I'm so excited to see the two of them working together again.

How can you not love Squirrel Girl? She’s cheerful, plucky, smart, and always wants to help. Honestly, we kind of see her as the BFF we all want to have. So what does it take to be best friends with Doreen? We asked writer Ryan North for his take on which characters she’d consider her besties, and what she loves most about them.

Tony Stark
    Tony and Doreen go way back (all the way back to her first appearance!) and they have been scoring points off each other online ever since. Doreen brings out Tony's playful, quippy side (not that it takes much to get that out), and he acts as a mentor for her, even if he's not necessarily the kind of role model that anyone should ever aspire to emulate.

This is nice.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=61962403
    That is really cool. I remember her saying in her first appearance that Tony was her hero.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 01-10-2019 at 02:42 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

First and foremost, this suit is my all-time favorite:

The post-Armor Wars suit was a favorite too:

Then there's the sheer badassery of the War Machine suit:

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Knocked this up in a couple hours, art is of course the talented Ryan Meinerding...