Page 64 of 167 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast

Spider-Man Far From Home trailer has a strong Tony influence on it. Had a feeling it'd be that way. It looks really good.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Spider-Man Far From Home trailer has a strong Tony influence on it. Had a feeling it'd be that way. It looks really good.
    Yeah. It looks like Tony's legacy will get talked about quite a bit in this one.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Hey! Had an account back in 2011, re-registering post-Endgame because it accomplished the previously impossible: making me want to read comics about an Avenger.

I'm a huge fan of Claremont's X-Men run, Claremont and Davis Excalibur, and the first few decades of Spider-Man. There are very few post-80s comics I've really enjoyed (Remender's Uncanny X-Force, solos like Pak's Storm and Bunn's Magneto) and I'm predisposed to dislike the big events and tie-ins that the industry apparently relies on like life support, now (I was told Civil War was on the "less bad" end of the spectrum, and I loathed what I read of the main event comic).

With that in mind, what Iron Man storylines/runs would you recommend? I already started with Extremis and loved it (Warren Ellis' Batman/Planetary is one of my favorite one shots), then picked up the beginning of Bendis' 2015 run. Issues #1-5 were meh/decent, but I'm not loving that they lead up to Civil War II, and what I've read of Bendis always feels kinda fluffy and insubstantial to me.

I picked up Fraction's lauded run on invincible, because you don't see an Eisner award attached to many cape and cowl comics. Aside from that (and Demon in a Bottle or Deliverance, those stories are on every top ten list), what would recommend, new or old?

Spectacular Member DetectiveStrange's Avatar

If you like the Silver Age, check out Archie Goodwin's run #1-28.

I recommend the whole Micheline/Layton/Romita Jr run, which includes Demon in a Bottle (I'd start at #117 and go to #156); if you enjoy comics from the 80s, I'd honestly read through to around '95. After Micheline/Layton/Romita Jr run, you get:
    - the Denny O'Neil/Luke McDonnell run
    - the second Micheline/Layton run
    - the Byrne run
    - the Kaminiski run

So really, in my opinion, #117-#318 is a very long solid period for Iron Man, ranging from good to great stories.

After that, for more modern stuff, I'd definitely check out Kurt Busiek and Sean Chen's run, Ellis and Granov's Extremis arc, the Knauff's Director of SHIELD era, and that leads then to Fraction's run.

Quote Originally Posted by beewinged View Post
    Hey! Had an account back in 2011, re-registering post-Endgame because it accomplished the previously impossible: making me want to read comics about an Avenger.

I'm a huge fan of Claremont's X-Men run, Claremont and Davis Excalibur, and the first few decades of Spider-Man. There are very few post-80s comics I've really enjoyed (Remender's Uncanny X-Force, solos like Pak's Storm and Bunn's Magneto) and I'm predisposed to dislike the big events and tie-ins that the industry apparently relies on like life support, now (I was told Civil War was on the "less bad" end of the spectrum, and I loathed what I read of the main event comic).

With that in mind, what Iron Man storylines/runs would you recommend? I already started with Extremis and loved it (Warren Ellis' Batman/Planetary is one of my favorite one shots), then picked up the beginning of Bendis' 2015 run. Issues #1-5 were meh/decent, but I'm not loving that they lead up to Civil War II, and what I've read of Bendis always feels kinda fluffy and insubstantial to me.

I picked up Fraction's lauded run on invincible, because you don't see an Eisner award attached to many cape and cowl comics. Aside from that (and Demon in a Bottle or Deliverance, those stories are on every top ten list), what would recommend, new or old?
    You should read the Knaufs run which starts directly after Extremis. It's contains the best Mandarin storyline I've ever read in it. If you want to see what's going on now. You should check out Slott's run which is current and very good.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

This was a really cool FCBD issue. It had Tony narrating present and past events that have gone on in Avengers since they got back together. It also shows something coming in the future as well.

Marvel Tv Spot today

Some cool Iron Man art. Really loved the Model Prime armor.49648112_734376966934368_1719383925232500736_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I was emotional watching this scene in the movies and this was the start lol.

Our hero TONY STARK showing up in UNSTOPPABLE WASP #7 for a very special girl's birthday which is why we must get this marriage through so he can be her dad.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Our hero TONY STARK showing up in UNSTOPPABLE WASP #7 for a very special girl's birthday which is why we must get this marriage through so he can be her dad.

That's cool to see him going to her birthday party. When does this come out?
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 05-08-2019 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    When does this come out?
    Came out this week, but the next issue's in two weeks. This is Tony's first appearance in the series but Jan's in it a lot and the book is great.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Came out this week, but the next issue's in two weeks. This is Tony's first appearance in the series but Jan's in it a lot and the book is great.
    OK. Thanks for the info.