Page 65 of 167 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast

Thanks for the info on great/recommended runs. Lets say you had to sell your collection and could only keep one run, which run would you choose to keep?
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveStrange View Post
    If you like the Silver Age, check out Archie Goodwin's run #1-28.

I recommend the whole Micheline/Layton/Romita Jr run, which includes Demon in a Bottle (I'd start at #117 and go to #156); if you enjoy comics from the 80s, I'd honestly read through to around '95. After Micheline/Layton/Romita Jr run, you get:
    - the Denny O'Neil/Luke McDonnell run
    - the second Micheline/Layton run
    - the Byrne run
    - the Kaminiski run

So really, in my opinion, #117-#318 is a very long solid period for Iron Man, ranging from good to great stories.

After that, for more modern stuff, I'd definitely check out Kurt Busiek and Sean Chen's run, Ellis and Granov's Extremis arc, the Knauff's Director of SHIELD era, and that leads then to Fraction's run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    You should read the Knaufs run which starts directly after Extremis. It's contains the best Mandarin storyline I've ever read in it. If you want to see what's going on now. You should check out Slott's run which is current and very good.
    This is super helpful, thank you. It's funny, I recognize Archie Goodwin and Denny O'Neil from reading about Marvel's company and creative history, but I don't think I've read any of their work. I think I'm going to go straight through #117-318 on that recommendation.

I wasn't going to read Knauf's run (that's Execute Program, right?) because of it's proximity to Civil War, but I'd seen it recommended elsewhere and I think I'll give it a shot. Glad to hear an opinion on Slott, he seems to show up on so many books, and all I've really been able to glean is that a lot of Spidey fans dislike his Peter Parker but love his take on Superior Spiderman.

Found this and had to share it!
    https://mashable.com/2015/04/07/iron-man-suits/
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Found this and had to share it!
    https://mashable.com/2015/04/07/iron-man-suits/
    Very nice. Thank you for this Tony Stark.

And nothing against the Modular Armor, but I've always been partial towards the NTU-150 [Telepresence] from 1993. I was very sad when it lasted only a few issues during the Kaminski run.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Very nice. Thank you for this Tony Stark.

And nothing against the Modular Armor, but I've always been partial towards the NTU-150 [Telepresence] from 1993. I was very sad when it lasted only a few issues during the Kaminski run.
    You're welcome my friend. I liked the NTU-150 to, but I was a bigger fan of the modular armor. I adored that armor and it's the one they used in thee cartoon as well. So I got to see it animated.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

You're welcome my friend. I liked the NTU-150 to, but I was a bigger fan of the modular armor. I adored that armor and it's the one they used in thee cartoon as well.
    I remember that cartoon. I didn't like the first season, but the second season was a step up with improved animation and the clever addition of Tony's new armor that could morph into different types of armored suits for any given situation.

So I got to see it animated.
    I'm glad to hear that. I only wish the NTU-150 got animated as well.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 05-10-2019 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Added praise for 2nd season of Iron Man.

You're welcome my friend. I liked the NTU-150 to, but I was a bigger fan of the modular armor. I adored that armor and it's the one they used in thee cartoon as well. So I got to see it animated.
    I'm glad to hear that. I only wish the NTU-150 got animated as well.

This is the armour I grew up with that I remember the most. I loved that animated show! What run did the hulk buster armour first appear?
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    This is the armour I grew up with that I remember the most. I loved that animated show! What run did the hulk buster armour first appear?
    IIRC, the Hulkbuster armor made its first appearance near the end of the Kaminski run.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    IIRC, the Hulkbuster armor made its first appearance near the end of the Kaminski run.
    Yeah. It was issue #305 is when it appeared.

Spoilers!!!!!Spoilers!!!!! Tony's big scene in Endgame.
    https://www.cbr.com/avengers-endgame...man-death-bts/

6FCDEDBD-7AF0-4150-9BD1-4AC4C808AE88.jpg Absolutely love this art.

at least this is something that can be restored with a director's cut.

Glad to see such an active community of Shellhead fan's here. Back before the great reset he was not very popular here.

I sort of moved on from comics after Civil War 2's ending but thinking I might get back into it. How does the current run stack up against other recent runs like Faction's and Bendis? As long as its better then Gillen's ill be happy.
    Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
    Glad to see such an active community of Shellhead fan's here. Back before the great reset he was not very popular here.

I sort of moved on from comics after Civil War 2's ending but thinking I might get back into it. How does the current run stack up against other recent runs like Faction's and Bendis? As long as its better then Gillen's ill be happy.
    Fraction-tier, much better than Brian and Gillen.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate