Page 70 of 167 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2505

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Today's issue was... Yikes. Wow. So much to talk about. And that ending. Oof. Just amazing. Stark Realities is definitely one of my go-to Iron Man recs from now on.
    Can you post some spoilers please?
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 05-22-2019 at 12:31 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Nice picks!!! Question for you, as you are my go to Iron Man expert We have a local comic con coming up and I am wanting to read more Iron Man, particularly older stories. So far on my list I am hunting these arcs:

Iron Man 131-132- I heard it has an epic Hulk battle.

Iron Man 190-200- The Iron Monger arc.

Iron Man 300-306- Mainly for the Hulkbuster story.

Any others you would suggest?
    Those are some reallty good ones there. Demon in the Bottle is a great one. I'll post more for you later.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Can you post some spoilers please?
    spoilers:
    -The global eSCAPE crisis is over because Tony killed Motherboard, back at Stark Unlimited everyone is celebrating
    -But the Controller is bigger than ever, like a monster, and Gauntlet, Rhodey, and Janet are joined by the Champions
    -Arno finds Tony in his armor in space, and despite Bain wanting to let him suffocate, Arno directs him down because they're brothers
    -Bain tells Rhodey where Tony will fall and he catches him (like they did for each other in #2.)
    -Rhodey compares giant Controller to Ultimo, which makes me happy
    -Tony and Rhodey go to a Baintronics plant and use the printers they used for the eSCAPE masks to start building the Godkiller armor in real life, but since Tony remembers the design like it was a dream after waking up, he has to do it quickly before he forgets
    -Janet meets up with them and Tony tells her the truth about how he's a genetic copy
    -He then goes out in the Godkiller and OHKO's Controller, with Riri pointing out how much power it has and Arno calling it the ultimate weapon
    -Basil is alive, but Tony thinks the Godkiller has too much power, so he evacuates the plant and has the armor self-destruct inside it
    -Bethany explains to Tony how Stark Unlimited is taking a lot of financial and PR hits, but Tony stays cool by taking responsibility and promising to fix everything and continue coming up with new and better ideas
    -Jocasta and Machine Man are mourning Friday, who is dead, but Tony has a backup of her from last Friday
    -But Jocasta stops him from installing the Friday From Last Friday because she would just be a copy, and storms off
    -Aaron apologizes because he knows that Tony already feels bad about being a copy
    -Sunset is celebrating with the Baintronics board members because the incident showed how effective their delivery is, and one of them says that 2020 is theirs for the taking
    -Gauntlet recovers fragments and data from the plant for Arno, but Arno says that before making he can consider making his own Godkiller, he has a more important project to work on
    -Ominous shot of Arno looking at a profile of Howard and Maria
    -Janet and Tony are in a room, he starts doubting his existence because he's a copy, but Janet assures him that Tony Stark is still a self-made man and that he just has a second chance now, and they sleep together
    -Amanda is packing up her things to leave Stark Unlimited with Andy because she feels rejected, saying Tony isn't Tony, and that Tony died as soon as they found each other, but she wants Andy to come with her
    -Jocasta quits too and is at Machine Man's apartment with him when she says she can't sleep anymore, because she needed eSCAPE to do it while pretending to be human
    -Cut back to Tony, who leaves while Janet's sleeping and goes to a bar
    -Before he enters, Rhodey grabs his hand
    -Rhodey tells him that drinking isn't going to help things, but Tony feels that the virtual drinks he took in eSCAPE were real, and gets angry because he's been clean and good for so long but can't get more
    -Rhodey consoles him and promises him that they'll get through this, because the deal is if Tony falls, Rhodey catches him
    -END
    end of spoilers

Yes, that much happened in one issue. Yes, it was perfect.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    spoilers:
    -The global eSCAPE crisis is over because Tony killed Motherboard, back at Stark Unlimited everyone is celebrating
    -But the Controller is bigger than ever, like a monster, and Gauntlet, Rhodey, and Janet are joined by the Champions
    -Arno finds Tony in his armor in space, and despite Bain wanting to let him suffocate, Arno directs him down because they're brothers
    -Bain tells Rhodey where Tony will fall and he catches him (like they did for each other in #2.)
    -Rhodey compares giant Controller to Ultimo, which makes me happy
    -Tony and Rhodey go to a Baintronics plant and use the printers they used for the eSCAPE masks to start building the Godkiller armor in real life, but since Tony remembers the design like it was a dream after waking up, he has to do it quickly before he forgets
    -Janet meets up with them and Tony tells her the truth about how he's a genetic copy
    -He then goes out in the Godkiller and OHKO's Controller, with Riri pointing out how much power it has and Arno calling it the ultimate weapon
    -Basil is alive, but Tony thinks the Godkiller has too much power, so he evacuates the plant and has the armor self-destruct inside it
    -Bethany explains to Tony how Stark Unlimited is taking a lot of financial and PR hits, but Tony stays cool by taking responsibility and promising to fix everything and continue coming up with new and better ideas
    -Jocasta and Machine Man are mourning Friday, who is dead, but Tony has a backup of her from last Friday
    -But Jocasta stops him from installing the Friday From Last Friday because she would just be a copy, and storms off
    -Aaron apologizes because he knows that Tony already feels bad about being a copy
    -Sunset is celebrating with the Baintronics board members because the incident showed how effective their delivery is, and one of them says that 2020 is theirs for the taking
    -Gauntlet recovers fragments and data from the plant for Arno, but Arno says that before making he can consider making his own Godkiller, he has a more important project to work on
    -Ominous shot of Arno looking at a profile of Howard and Maria
    -Janet and Tony are in a room, he starts doubting his existence because he's a copy, but Janet assures him that Tony Stark is still a self-made man and that he just has a second chance now, and they sleep together
    -Amanda is packing up her things to leave Stark Unlimited with Andy because she feels rejected, saying Tony isn't Tony, and that Tony died as soon as they found each other, but she wants Andy to come with her
    -Jocasta quits too and is at Machine Man's apartment with him when she says she can't sleep anymore, because she needed eSCAPE to do it while pretending to be human
    -Cut back to Tony, who leaves while Janet's sleeping and goes to a bar
    -Before he enters, Rhodey grabs his hand
    -Rhodey tells him that drinking isn't going to help things, but Tony feels that the virtual drinks he took in eSCAPE were real, and gets angry because he's been clean and good for so long but can't get more
    -Rhodey consoles him and promises him that they'll get through this, because the deal is if Tony falls, Rhodey catches him
    -END
    end of spoilers

Yes, that much happened in one issue. Yes, it was perfect.
    Thank you so much for the spoilers Snoop Dogg. A lot happened in this issue. WOW lol.

I'm looking forward to the Iron Man 2020 event. It seems that the storylines are going to keep getting bigger and better and to me that's saying something.

Thank god. I don't care how it happened. I'm just glad that it did.

June 2018: "Aw yeah, this book'll be a non-stop rollercoaster of fun!"

May 2019: "I'm having... *sniff* so much fun... the existentialism... the addiction... the strained relationships... *sniff* it's just a barrel of laughs..."

2019 is truly the peak year for sad Iron Man content.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Need all your help.

Currently do a read through of Modern Iron Man (Extremis to Slott) and also reading any cross-overs where Tony played a major part (Civil War/World War Hulk) but I was wondering if there was any storylines from other books going on during the last decade that featured Iron Man that is "essential". Probably something from an Avengers run im guessing.
    Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist

Anybody read Avengers today? What was Tony up to in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Anybody read Avengers today? What was Tony up to in there?
    A panel or two in a wide team shot. Very little dialogue. Even less action. They are getting the populace to a safe location because of the dark elves. The issue was Gorilla Man-centric.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    A panel or two in a wide team shot. Very little dialogue. Even less action. They are getting the populace to a safe location because of the dark elves. The issue was Gorilla Man-centric.
    Thanks for the info. It feels like The Avengers aren’t in the book consistently lately to me.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 05-22-2019 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
    Need all your help.

Currently do a read through of Modern Iron Man (Extremis to Slott) and also reading any cross-overs where Tony played a major part (Civil War/World War Hulk) but I was wondering if there was any storylines from other books going on during the last decade that featured Iron Man that is "essential". Probably something from an Avengers run im guessing.
    The first 2 volumes of Bendis's Avengers you might want to read. The first one has to do with Ultron which leads to Age of Ultron. It also has a timeline in it that shows upcoming events. Volume 2 is when all of the heroes find out about the Illuminati. As I think of more I'll post them.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 05-22-2019 at 10:36 PM.

Mighty Member

What are some issues/story arcs/moments where Tony battles or returns to alcoholism? Other than Demon in a Bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    What are some issues/story arcs/moments where Tony battles or returns to alcoholism? Other than Demon in a Bottle.
    There is a trade called Iron Man The Enemy Within and it deals with Tony's relapse into alcohol and has Rhodey taking over for Tony. Also this present storyline in Slott's run has him dealing with his alcoholism again.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 05-23-2019 at 03:58 AM.