Page 74 of 167 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2505

It especially baffling because the Stark boys were working together not so long ago. If he wanted Stark's files, he didn't need to steal them, he could have just continued working with Stark and had them at his fingertips.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Question...I have been a fan of Iron Man for many years and have read most of his iconic stories (i.e. armor wars, demon in a bottle, extermis, etc). It seems if you were to ask who Iron Man's most iconic villian, most would say The Mandarin. Could anyone provide me the best Iron Man story lines with The Mandarin as the main villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Question...I have been a fan of Iron Man for many years and have read most of his iconic stories (i.e. armor wars, demon in a bottle, extermis, etc). It seems if you were to ask who Iron Man's most iconic villian, most would say The Mandarin. Could anyone provide me the best Iron Man story lines with The Mandarin as the main villain.
    The knaufs wrote a storyline called Haunted and a lot of fans agree that it is the best Mandarin storyline ever written.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Yeah, the Knaufs Mandarin is far and away the best of all time. It highlights both his intelligence and savagery. His skill with corporate and political intrigue, his deviousness at conning people, his ability to exploit weaknesses to make people his slaves, his superhuman mastery of the martial arts/chi-mysticism, his bloodthirsty iron-willed brutality in combat, his ability to blend his own knowledge of science with the stolen secrets of others to create something greater.

He is the perfect Savage.
    He is perfectly devious.
    He is the perfect exploiter.
    He is the perfect Mandarin.

Read the Knaufs Mandarin.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i'm a little surprised that he'd work with someone like Sunset. i'm guessing that it's a means to an end situation. he was pretty high-minded in the focus issue. could also be that the extremis is affecting him.
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    It especially baffling because the Stark boys were working together not so long ago. If he wanted Stark's files, he didn't need to steal them, he could have just continued working with Stark and had them at his fingertips.
    All 3 of us are pretty much thinking along the same lines. I'm wondering why he stopped working with Tony as he and Tony fixed Banner and built a city together. We just have to wait and see now.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-01-2019 at 01:36 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Probably because of Superior Iron Man?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Comic Geek in General

Ok, Controller popped up, any bets on when Mandarin, Titanium Man, Living Laser, Fin Fang Foom, MODOK, Crimson Dynamo would make their rounds......

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, remember, Tony is blameless for Kamala's resignation from the Avengers (the blame lies with Falcon), as he was in his coma by then.
    The blame doesn't lie with Falcon. I read Champions. Let's just be honest. Kamala was acting like a spoiled brat who took her ball and went home.

It was like Waid sat down and thought "How can I make her leave the team in the worst possible way, and make anyone not familiar with character dismiss her as a overly simplistic self-righteous scold? I know! I can make her complain about fixing train tracks after a fight when none of the Avengers on the scene are engineers! Then when Falcon calmly explains this to her she can quit because some guys food truck was destroyed!"
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    Ok, Controller popped up, any bets on when Mandarin, Titanium Man, Living Laser, Fin Fang Foom, MODOK, Crimson Dynamo would make their rounds......
    I'm thinking early next year. Right now Slott is developing Arno into what will likely be a Superior Iron Man type at the start of 2020. So I'm thinking Iron Man 2020 will likely face some classic foes and deal with them in a more ruthless manner than standard Iron Man beginning somewhere between January and March.

wish someone would take Living Laser seriously. he's quite dangerous, on paper.

Living Laser was great in the classic books, Inevitable, and in Fraction/Larroca before Gillen made him a clown.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    wish someone would take Living Laser seriously. he's quite dangerous, on paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Living Laser was great in the classic books, Inevitable, and in Fraction/Larroca before Gillen made him a clown.
    Agreed. Living Laser is awesome villain. Inevitable is one of my all time favorite mini series. Didn't like how Gillen used him either.

Just got to Issue 25 of Fraction's run, gosh I forgot how beautiful the Bleeding Edge armor was. Probably my favorite of the modern era.
    Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
    Just got to Issue 25 of Fraction's run, gosh I forgot how beautiful the Bleeding Edge armor was. Probably my favorite of the modern era.
    I know. I love it. It's in my top 3 favorite armors of all time.