Page 82 of 167 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2505
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

This particular Aaron goofiness I don't mind .

Thanks for sharing. Good to see this actual version of the Avengers in the book lol.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-19-2019 at 10:57 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

lmao is that a narwhal?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This particular Aaron goofiness I don't mind .
    Yeah. This is something Tony would do and it is funny.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Finished Matt Faction's run a few days ago.

Pros
    - Loved some of his story beats and ideas. Five Nightmares and Worlds Most Wanted are highlights
    - I appreciate having one creative team for so long. In a time where most comic writers seem to only last about a dozen or so issues, its really refreshing to have one writer tell a story for 53 issues.
    - Loved me the design and philosophy behind the Bleeding Edge Armor.
    - Rescue is awesome

Negatives
    - I never cared for the art. Too many times I would be reading and suddenly notice a celebrity. Hell Tony Stark was just a brown haired version of that guy from Lost.
    - I didn't care for his portrayal of the Mandarin. This is probably something to do with recently reading "Haunted" but I like my Mandarin to be cultured and intelligence, not a lunatic.

Starting on Kieron Gillen's run next. Already annoyed he killed off Maya.
    Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist

I noticed something odd in the backmatter of today's Unstoppable Wasp. "I'm really excited to see more of Iron Woman -- Natasha Stark". As far as I can tell, that character is an AU Tony, and appeared only once... in Dark Reign: Fantastic Four #2. I wonder if they mixed up DC's Natasha Irons (Steel) and either Rescue or Ironheart?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
    Finished Matt Faction's run a few days ago.

Pros
    - Loved some of his story beats and ideas. Five Nightmares and Worlds Most Wanted are highlights
    - I appreciate having one creative team for so long. In a time where most comic writers seem to only last about a dozen or so issues, its really refreshing to have one writer tell a story for 53 issues.
    - Loved me the design and philosophy behind the Bleeding Edge Armor.
    - Rescue is awesome

Negatives
    - I never cared for the art. Too many times I would be reading and suddenly notice a celebrity. Hell Tony Stark was just a brown haired version of that guy from Lost.
    - I didn't care for his portrayal of the Mandarin. This is probably something to do with recently reading "Haunted" but I like my Mandarin to be cultured and intelligence, not a lunatic.

Starting on Kieron Gillen's run next. Already annoyed he killed off Maya.
    We agree on the pros. I think the whole run was amazing. On the negatives I loved the art. I thought him basing his Tony on Sawyer from Lost was pretty cool lol. I'm a HUGE Fraction fan, but the Knauf's Mandarin was much better than his version. We totally agree about Gillen fridging Maya. I was PISSED to say the least. I can't wait until we see your opinion of the adoption storyline. Be sure to let us know.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-19-2019 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I noticed something odd in the backmatter of today's Unstoppable Wasp. "I'm really excited to see more of Iron Woman -- Natasha Stark". As far as I can tell, that character is an AU Tony, and appeared only once... in Dark Reign: Fantastic Four #2. I wonder if they mixed up DC's Natasha Irons (Steel) and either Rescue or Ironheart?
    Wouldn't she really be talking about Riri though?

I feel bad for doubting Gail Simone, what a terrific issue

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I feel bad for doubting Gail Simone, what a terrific issue
    Yeah. It was a really good issue. It continued the ongoing narrative and added WOTR to it. Looking forward to today’s issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Very glad to hear you enjoyed Five Nightmares. If you can read World's Most Wanted next and let us know what you think.
    Ok, i'm still learning the system here....on Comixology, World's Most Wanted is a Vol 2....what is Vol 1 to this series?

By the way, I read Extremist last night...that was an interesting one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin J View Post
    Ok, i'm still learning the system here....on Comixology, World's Most Wanted is a Vol 2....what is Vol 1 to this series?

By the way, I read Extremist last night...that was an interesting one.
    I’m not familiar with Comicology. So I really don’t know what to tell you on that but I am sure others here can help. So you enjoyed Extremis. It really took Tony up a few power levels. The Knauf’s run that starts right after is absolutely terrific. You should read that as well. What did you like and dislike about Extremis?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I’m not familiar with Comicology. So I really don’t know what to tell you on that but I am sure others here can help. So you enjoyed Extremis. It really took Tony up a few power levels. The Knauf’s run that starts right after is absolutely terrific. You should read that as well. What did you like and dislike about Extremis?
    Comixology is the app i'm using to read all my comics, it's linked to my Amazon Prime account....I'm only buying certain ones (paper), but on the app, I can read a lot of them for free.

Well, I really only know what I know about Iron Man from the movies...lol So I'm wanting to read the different variations....there was no Pepper Potts....no Jarvis....so that was different, but i liked that he was still working on being one with the suit....and I liked how he was able to become one with the suit. I did like the likeness of how they went back to how he made the first suit....kinda the same story but with lil variations in it. Looking forward to reading more....Iron Man has always been one of my Top superheros.

I plan on reading Most wanted tonight...but wanted to make sure i wasn't skipping any stories that lead up to it. So far, I've only read the two.....the Five Nightmares and Extremis.
    Last edited by Vitamin J; 06-20-2019 at 05:52 AM.