Page 85 of 167 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2505
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Finished Superior Iron Man

I really enjoyed it.

Pros
    - Love the new Endo-Sym Armor, from the sleekness to its power-set.
    - I actually enjoyed Superior Tony Stark's personality for the most part.
    - Thought the use of Extremis 3.0 was a cool story decision

Negatives
    - Too short! I would have loved to see this new Tony become more of a hero. Maybe transition to a more Ultimate Tony Stark personality.
    - Tony A.I. has been done to death

On to Bendis....joy...
    Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
    Finished Superior Iron Man

I really enjoyed it.

Pros
    - Love the new Endo-Sym Armor, from the sleekness to its power-set.
    - I actually enjoyed Superior Tony Stark's personality for the most part.
    - Thought the use of Extremis 3.0 was a cool story decision

Negatives
    - Too short! I would have loved to see this new Tony become more of a hero. Maybe transition to a more Ultimate Tony Stark personality.
    - Tony A.I. has been done to death

On to Bendis....joy...
    I figured you would like it. I agree that it was really to short and I thought the endo sym is not only one of my favorite armors but it’s one of the best Tony’s ever made. People need to realize how dangerous and cunning Tony is. He would easily be one of the greatest villains. The heroes should be very thankful Tony is one of the greatest heroes of all time instead of the other way around.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-25-2019 at 07:57 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Taylor's a good writer. I assume he was yanked off the book due to Secret Wars. Apart from ASM, the only books that kept their creative teams were recent launches (Spider-Man 2099, Silk, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Woman, Ms. Marvel, Howard the Duck, and Squirrel Girl). But that didn't stop Iron Man and Uncanny Avengers having their creative teams replaced.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

If anyone can. When you have the chance or get the issue. Let us know if Tony did or was even in today's issue of Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    If anyone can. When you have the chance or get the issue. Let us know if Tony did or was even in today's issue of Avengers.
    Avengers was about Hulk (Jen) and WOTR was the Thor party featuring Daredevil, but Tony did have a funny one-liner with Punisher that I'll post later.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Avengers was about Hulk (Jen) and WOTR was the Thor party featuring Daredevil, but Tony did have a funny one-liner with Punisher that I'll post later.
    Y'know, if you had just said She-Hulk you wouldn't have needed the parentheses .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Y'know, if you had just said She-Hulk you wouldn't have needed the parentheses .
    Jason is next to me with a shotgun. HELP!

13895345_776840962459192_7091569573942473528_n.jpgOne of my all time favorite pics of Iron Man. I use it as my avatar often.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Taylor's a good writer. I assume he was yanked off the book due to Secret Wars. Apart from ASM, the only books that kept their creative teams were recent launches (Spider-Man 2099, Silk, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Woman, Ms. Marvel, Howard the Duck, and Squirrel Girl). But that didn't stop Iron Man and Uncanny Avengers having their creative teams replaced.
    For the sake of simplicity we are going to use the release dates for the last possible point ever a book could've been worked on barring re-releases.

-Original Sin 3.1 and 3.2 (the actual end of Gillen's run on Iron man). was released on June 25th, 2014.
    -Axis (the event the costume and character came from) was released on October 8th, 2014. I'm ignoring the actual release date of the inverted Iron man seeing as it was made for the event and a loose outline of him was likely already made at the very least.
    -Superior Iron man released on November 12th of 2014.
    -Superior Iron man appears in New Avengers Volume 3 #26 on November 19th, 2014.

We know that Bendis got the book over Slott and he would stay on the book until he decided to jump ship for DC and Superman. Slott would come onto the title much later.
    So all of this is to be believed that wherever it came from, it occurred in the months between the end of Gillen's run and the beginning developments of Axis seeing as Superior was to be building out of the event. We knew Gillen was leaving for awhile and there was four months between Original Sin and Axis. Comics are developed at least 6 months before release to avoid delays and so this was likely developed while Gillen was going out the door, but likely as he was beginning to leave.

The only question here is who actually takes credit; the people in charge of the event or Hickman? The people on the event (which includes Taylor) we know was to be developing the character for awhile but how long is anybody's guess without outright asking them. Hickman was also to be using this version of the character but because editorial meddling is a thing and very much a case with the Iron man books, it's tough to say if the idea came from Hickman or if it spun out of work on Axis. Made even more difficult is that both timelines match up considering he debuts in both titles within a week or so of each other. Meaning that it could've come from Hickman and Marvel happened to be able to grant this request, or that the event came up and Hickman happened to be able to work it.

How does Bendis fit into that? Well, he doesn't. Bendis for the most part ignored the events of Secret Wars and Time runs out (pretty much like everybody else) seeing his run like most others was set 8 months later. Bendis may have potentially gotten the book sometime before Secret Wars 2015 occurred and he was clearly aware of it. And since his book was going to be debuting in continuity 8 months later on a status-quo he didn't build and was working towards the Riri Williams era, it either way didn't matter.

Point is, we don't know if it was gone too soon over Secret Wars or if it had anything to do with Bendis being on the title. Without outright asking them, we just wont know for sure.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

61383136_2355081314765430_828290232649515008_n.jpgTony building Odin his armor in WOTR.

I slogged my way through Bendis's run just to get through it.

Pro's
    - First arc started out promising
    - Doom was interesting

Negative's
    - Everything else

I could write an essay on my negatives. This whole thing was a hot mess and I remember why I quit comics during this period. Not much makes sense, Marvel pushed Tony to their flagship series and then "kills" him off in the worst crossover event of the modern era. Classic Bendis had all buildup and almost no payoffs.

I have no problem with Riri but I just wish a Legacy character had SOME connection to the original. Hell Falcon was Cap's best friend and Lady Thor was Thor's ex.

Issue 600 was sadly one of the worst Iron Man comics I have ever read. Doom just goes back to status quo! Rhodey is magically resurrected.

Sorry if my thoughts are all over the place and rambling, its late here and wanted to make my post quickly so I can move on from this run and try to forget about it.

On to Slott!
    Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist

Pro's
    - Doom was interesting

Negative's
    - Everything else

I could write an essay on my negatives. This whole thing was a hot mess and I remember why I quit comics during this period. Not much makes sense, Marvel pushed Tony to their flagship series and then "kills" him off in the worst crossover event of the modern era. Classic Bendis had all buildup and almost no payoffs.

I have no problem with Riri but I just wish a Legacy character had SOME connection to the original. Hell Falcon was Cap's best friend and Lady Thor was Thor's ex.

Issue 600 was sadly one of the worst Iron Man comics I have ever read. Doom just goes back to status quo! Rhodey is magically resurrected.

Sorry if my thoughts are all over the place and rambling, its late here and wanted to make my post quickly so I can move on from this run and try to forget about it.

On to Slott!
    Yeah. That's pretty much the way most people see Bendis's run on here. Looking forward to what you think of Slott's. I have really been enjoying it. Slott is taking Tony to different places that he hasn't been before and it's interesting.

iMan 42s

Pro's
    - Doom was interesting

Negative's
    - Everything else

On to Slott!
    One of the big issues with the Bendis Iron man era was that the better book and far more suitable replacement was Doctor Doom in Infamous Iron man. It may not have been a great Iron man book, but it's a great character arc for Victor (and a good Doom book even if it's no Doom 2099) and people over in the Doctor Doom thread seemed to like it with a few exceptions on this board. It really seemed that the push should've been for Victor, but because Marvel was chasing trends and Bendis had a pet project, it went to the Riri Williams takeover (which got announced before Invincible Iron man was even a year old!). Ironically Bendis would do better at writing Doom and Slott brought him officially back to the darkside with that moronic arc in Fantastic Four. Riri Williams would get her own book away from Iron man, but it now had to stand on its own outside of her appearances in Champions.

I don't think anybody was really satisfied with how this all ended.

Though I hear Riri Williams is far more tolerable in her own book. I'm currently trade-waiting on that before I jump into it.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Riri's year on Invincible and the first arc were the only highlights of the run. Both Infamous and Invincible when Legacy starts completely fizzle out. WACK.