Page 87 of 167 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2505

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's the wrong code for a forum embed. The correct code is
    HTML Code:
    [video=youtube;H9d6IbJC6Rc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9d6IbJC6Rc[/video]
    Thanks for the back up. I didn't realize it was the wrong code.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I can see how you can say that, but it eventually gets back to Tony. I kinda felt the same way. Trust me. You should keep reading. It not only comes back to Tony’s view, but the book itself gets better.
    I’m only 3 issues in and I am not feeling it. When does it get better? because I do wanna keep reading iron man but the current run is just not about Tony and the cast is lame too. I just like Rhodey.

iMan 42s

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/06...tronic-helmet/
    marvel-legends-punisher-war-machine-future-fight-electronic-helm-1176735.jpg
    Not totally Iron man related but Marvel Legends will be producing the Punisher variant of War Machine helmet.

And if you're like me who wants the "new" helmet design but not the Punisher bit, you're probably going to give it a quick repaint.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    large cast good
    A large cast is not good if you're not getting the POV of the main character. Gail was a breath of fresh air and I wish she was staying on.

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    A large cast is not good if you're not getting the POV of the main character. Gail was a breath of fresh air and I wish she was staying on.
    Yeah, I love usually love a large, living, breathing, supporting cast but I think you always have to be careful they don't crowd out the book or shift focus away from the main character.

Isn't Slott going to be leaving the book about a year from now - after the Iron Man 2020 stuff is done? He's already struggling with doing both Tony and the F4, that's why Zub's scripting his Iron Man plots now. Maybe they used WOTR as a way to try out a successor?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Isn't Slott going to be leaving the book about a year from now - after the Iron Man 2020 stuff is done? He's already struggling with doing both Tony and the F4, that's why Zub's scripting his Iron Man plots now. Maybe they used WOTR as a way to try out a successor?
    Already? Maybe it was discussed earlier and I forgot but didn’t he want the book? He hasn’t been on it that long and while he’s had problems getting both out the door, he did want Iron man as early as the Bendis era.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

He's already been on it for over a year. Two years is a standard length run nowadays. And it's clear that it's Fantastic Four that he's focusing more on. He hasn't brought in a co-writer on that one. He was never going to last ten years like he did on Amazing Spider-Man.

There's precedent for writers getting a try out in the previous writer's run. Ms. Marvel #31, LGY #50, had multiple writers. One of whom was Saladin Ahmed, who took over the book a few months ago.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-30-2019 at 03:37 PM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

He also still has a creator-owned on the table.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I love usually love a large, living, breathing, supporting cast but I think you always have to be careful they don't crowd out the book or shift focus away from the main character.
    I felt that way about the book at first, but I think we have gotten more of Tony’s thoughts as the book continues.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

I have a question about a previous Iron Man story. The story is " You Can't Always Get...". In part 2 of the story, is Tony implying that an angel saved him from the explosion? It appears the bomb may have gone off with Iron Man carrying it, but then next scene you see him walking around without his armor talking to hus girlfriend. Did the writer ever say what actually happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well he said from the start that he was taking influence from Rick and Morty, and that show often devotes more than half its runtime to the Smith parents, or Summer. Sanchez and Stark both share the fact that, by their very nature as dominating super-geniuses, they need some normals to play off of, or they become exhausting.
    Last edited by MichaelC; 07-01-2019 at 04:38 PM.

Maybe that's why Zub is the co-writer. Among his other credits? Rick and Morty vs Dungeons and Dragons.

Finally caught up to the present issue and read Slott's run so far. I wont put out my complete thoughts until his run is over but so far I am highly enjoying his run. It is definitely a less deep run then Fraction's but I think its a nice breath of air after Bendis.

Really like the art and hope it keeps up the high quality.

Tony and Wasp are super cute together. The issue where they got together was probably my favorite so far, followed by Arno's solo issue.

My only complaint so far is I can't get behind is Amanda Armstrong. Maybe im bias because I still don't like the adoption angle but I find her character annoying. I am just waiting for her inevitable death.
    Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
    Finally caught up to the present issue and read Slott's run so far. I wont put out my complete thoughts until his run is over but so far I am highly enjoying his run. It is definitely a less deep run then Fraction's but I think its a nice breath of air after Bendis.

Really like the art and hope it keeps up the high quality.

Tony and Wasp are super cute together. The issue where they got together was probably my favorite so far, followed by Arno's solo issue.

My only complaint so far is I can't get behind is Amanda Armstrong. Maybe im bias because I still don't like the adoption angle but I find her character annoying. I am just waiting for her inevitable death.
    Ditto.

I gotta say, why date Janet when Bethany is around smh.