Page 87 of 147 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2194
  1. #1291
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Stark Unlimited
    Posts
    5,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's the wrong code for a forum embed. The correct code is
    HTML Code:
    [video=youtube;H9d6IbJC6Rc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9d6IbJC6Rc[/video]
    Thanks for the back up. I didn't realize it was the wrong code.
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

  2. #1292
    Lazy Struggler BitParallel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I can see how you can say that, but it eventually gets back to Tony. I kinda felt the same way. Trust me. You should keep reading. It not only comes back to Tonyís view, but the book itself gets better.
    Iím only 3 issues in and I am not feeling it. When does it get better? because I do wanna keep reading iron man but the current run is just not about Tony and the cast is lame too. I just like Rhodey.

  3. #1293
    iMan 42s
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,019

    Default

    https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/06...tronic-helmet/
    marvel-legends-punisher-war-machine-future-fight-electronic-helm-1176735.jpg
    Not totally Iron man related but Marvel Legends will be producing the Punisher variant of War Machine helmet.

    And if you're like me who wants the "new" helmet design but not the Punisher bit, you're probably going to give it a quick repaint.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

  4. #1294
    Incredible Member okiedokiewo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    large cast good
    A large cast is not good if you're not getting the POV of the main character. Gail was a breath of fresh air and I wish she was staying on.

  5. #1295
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    A large cast is not good if you're not getting the POV of the main character. Gail was a breath of fresh air and I wish she was staying on.
    Yeah, I love usually love a large, living, breathing, supporting cast but I think you always have to be careful they don't crowd out the book or shift focus away from the main character.

  6. #1296
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    17,848

    Default

    Isn't Slott going to be leaving the book about a year from now - after the Iron Man 2020 stuff is done? He's already struggling with doing both Tony and the F4, that's why Zub's scripting his Iron Man plots now. Maybe they used WOTR as a way to try out a successor?

  7. #1297
    iMan 42s
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Isn't Slott going to be leaving the book about a year from now - after the Iron Man 2020 stuff is done? He's already struggling with doing both Tony and the F4, that's why Zub's scripting his Iron Man plots now. Maybe they used WOTR as a way to try out a successor?
    Already? Maybe it was discussed earlier and I forgot but didn’t he want the book? He hasn’t been on it that long and while he’s had problems getting both out the door, he did want Iron man as early as the Bendis era.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

  8. #1298
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    17,848

    Default

    He's already been on it for over a year. Two years is a standard length run nowadays. And it's clear that it's Fantastic Four that he's focusing more on. He hasn't brought in a co-writer on that one. He was never going to last ten years like he did on Amazing Spider-Man.

    There's precedent for writers getting a try out in the previous writer's run. Ms. Marvel #31, LGY #50, had multiple writers. One of whom was Saladin Ahmed, who took over the book a few months ago.

  9. #1299
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    7,819

    Default

    He also still has a creator-owned on the table.

  10. #1300
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Stark Unlimited
    Posts
    5,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I love usually love a large, living, breathing, supporting cast but I think you always have to be careful they don't crowd out the book or shift focus away from the main character.
    I felt that way about the book at first, but I think we have gotten more of Tony’s thoughts as the book continues.
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

  11. #1301
    Fantastic Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    292

    Default

    I have a question about a previous Iron Man story. The story is " You Can't Always Get...". In part 2 of the story, is Tony implying that an angel saved him from the explosion? It appears the bomb may have gone off with Iron Man carrying it, but then next scene you see him walking around without his armor talking to hus girlfriend. Did the writer ever say what actually happened?

  12. #1302
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I love usually love a large, living, breathing, supporting cast but I think you always have to be careful they don't crowd out the book or shift focus away from the main character.
    Well he said from the start that he was taking influence from Rick and Morty, and that show often devotes more than half its runtime to the Smith parents, or Summer. Sanchez and Stark both share the fact that, by their very nature as dominating super-geniuses, they need some normals to play off of, or they become exhausting.
    Last edited by MichaelC; 07-01-2019 at 04:38 PM.

  13. #1303
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    17,848

    Default

    Maybe that's why Zub is the co-writer. Among his other credits? Rick and Morty vs Dungeons and Dragons.

  14. #1304
    Amazing Member Iron Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Finally caught up to the present issue and read Slott's run so far. I wont put out my complete thoughts until his run is over but so far I am highly enjoying his run. It is definitely a less deep run then Fraction's but I think its a nice breath of air after Bendis.

    Really like the art and hope it keeps up the high quality.

    Tony and Wasp are super cute together. The issue where they got together was probably my favorite so far, followed by Arno's solo issue.

    My only complaint so far is I can't get behind is Amanda Armstrong. Maybe im bias because I still don't like the adoption angle but I find her character annoying. I am just waiting for her inevitable death.
    I AM Iron Man

  15. #1305
    Lazy Struggler BitParallel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
    Finally caught up to the present issue and read Slott's run so far. I wont put out my complete thoughts until his run is over but so far I am highly enjoying his run. It is definitely a less deep run then Fraction's but I think its a nice breath of air after Bendis.

    Really like the art and hope it keeps up the high quality.

    Tony and Wasp are super cute together. The issue where they got together was probably my favorite so far, followed by Arno's solo issue.

    My only complaint so far is I can't get behind is Amanda Armstrong. Maybe im bias because I still don't like the adoption angle but I find her character annoying. I am just waiting for her inevitable death.
    Ditto.

    I gotta say, why date Janet when Bethany is around smh.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •