View Poll Results: Favorite Avengers Epic??

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Kree-Skrull War

2 1.75%
  • Celestial Madonna Saga

8 7.02%
  • Korvac Saga

12 10.53%
  • Cross-Time Kang War

3 2.63%
  • Under Siege

11 9.65%
  • Operation: Galactic Storm

7 6.14%
  • Avengers Forever

21 18.42%
  • Ultron Unlimited

7 6.14%
  • Avengers Disassembled

4 3.51%
  • House of M

2 1.75%
  • Infinity

15 13.16%
  • Civil war II

0 0%
  • Secret Empire

5 4.39%
  • No Surrender

9 7.89%
  • Other—band the Gigis.

8 7.02%
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I absolutely loved Spirits of Vengeance. Johnny had the hellfire shotgun with Danny as Ghost Rider. Really good book.
    Glad to hear it. Hellfire Shotgun & the trench-coat was Blaze's best look.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Johhny Blaze is the best Ghost Rider for me, and as far as I've read opinions online, that's who most people think of when someone says Ghost Rider, but it is also good to see some appreciation for Ketch.
    Johnny Blaze is popular, I'll give him that. But, I'm glad to hear Dan has some support.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Any others a big fan of Voyager here?

She feels like, with the right attention, she could be a modern version of what Vision meant/means to the book.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Any others a big fan of Voyager here?

She feels like, with the right attention, she could be a modern version of what Vision meant/means to the book.
    I like something about her look, it’s pretty cool. I’d like to see her officially join the Avengers.

BANNED

Avengers #303 May 1989
    "Reckoning!" Part 3 of 3. Guest-starring Firelord, Quasar and the Fantastic Four.
    It's an all-out assault on Super-Nova in the heart of the Windy City!

The west coast Avengers, Quasar and the Fantastic Four slug it out with the last Son of Xandar to stop him from destroying Chicago!
    The enormous Super-Nova has the advantage until Firelord and the east coast Avengers finally return from outer space!

After the Human Torch and Firelord siphon off some of Super-Nova's thermal energy;
    the Thing, Ms. Marvel and Wonder Man topple the Xandarian giant!
    And that buys Mr. Fantastic enough time for a quick trip to the Baxter Building to grab the one weapon that could end the fight!

Will Reed's risky gamble pay off? The fair citizens of Chicago sure hope so!
    Avengers Lineup: Captain America, Gilgamesh, Thor, Mr. Fantastic and the Invisible Woman.

Plot by Mark Gruenwald. Script by Ralph Macchio. Art by Rich Buckler (breakdowns) and Tom Palmer (finishes).

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I absolutely loved Spirits of Vengeance. Johnny had the hellfire shotgun with Danny as Ghost Rider. Really good book.
    I liked that period too. Trenchcoat hellfire shotgun Johnny with the whole " Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in" act

I wouldn't mind if they were both Ghost Rider like the ghost rider heaven's on fire story. Just take the supernatural Winchester brothers approach. The brothers Ghost Rider riding around America fighting supernatural foes.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I liked that period too. Trenchcoat hellfire shotgun Johnny with the whole " Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in" act

I wouldn't mind if they were both Ghost Rider like the ghost rider heaven's on fire story. Just take the supernatural Winchester brothers approach. The brothers Ghost Rider riding around America fighting supernatural foes.
    Danny's still around right?

I just feel like they're probably not going to have any other "main" Ghost Riders roaming the MU now that Robbie is being primed once again as the main Ghost Rider.

Comic Geek in General

Have recent events in the X Books been mentioned in Avengers yet? Even a comment at a meeting as to now the Avengers have to deal with say the Brotherhood or Sinister with the bulk of the X-Men gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    Have recent events in the X Books been mentioned in Avengers yet? Even a comment at a meeting as to now the Avengers have to deal with say the Brotherhood or Sinister with the bulk of the X-Men gone?
    Even with the bulk of the X-Men gone, there's still an X-Men team fighting all their bad guys, and Steve is obviously aware of it. So from the Avengers perpsective, I doubt there's any sort of difference. If anything the current X-Men team seem a lot more pro-active about handling threats. Despite being less of them, they seem to be doing more.

Is he though? spoilers:
    Steve = Mystique! That's how he could appear in UXM when he's in jail in his own book.
    end of spoilers

Heroes in Crisis #9 had a reference to The Vision.

Yeah, Red Tornado, everything will go swimmingly... I don't think.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-30-2019 at 11:32 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That only worked as a reference to Vision, thought. Red T used to have a pretty happy family for a while.

I agree with whoever said Voyager has potential to be one of the greats. She already has a unique backstory, powers that aren't so common on the team and a great look. They just need to push her more.
    I want them to make an "Avengers Saga" book where they could feature a B-team of Avengers going on specific missions while Panther's team remains on call for big emergencies.
    This way, the main Avengers would be the first response to the biggest threats against Earth and the other team would work on solving longer term problems.

BANNED

Avengers #65 Jun 1964
    "Mightier than the Sword?" Part 3 of 3.
    After the tragic death of his brother last issue, Clint Barton vows revenge against Egghead!
    And auspiciously for the new Goliath, his first opportunity comes very soon!
    Upon returning to Earth, Egghead dispatches the Swordsman to Avengers Mansion to capture his old foe Henry Pym!

But neither super-villain knows that Hank has recently changed his identity to Yellowjacket!
    Amid the confusing battle, the Swordsman grabs Clint instead and takes him back to Egghead!

And for the vengeance-seeking avenger... that's right where he wants to be...for payback!
    Avengers Lineup: Black Panther, Hawkeye/Goliath, Vision, Wasp and Yellowjacket.
    NOTES The Swordsman previously appeared in Captain America 105. Egghead returns in Marvel Feature (1st series) 5.

Script by Roy Thomas. Pencils by Gene Colan. Inks by Sam Grainger.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I voted Korvac Saga.

But I my list would be:

1. Korvac Saga
    2. Avengers Forever
    3. Ultron Unlimited
    4. Operation Galactic Storm

Favorite Avenger:
    1. Iron Man (Tony Stark)
    2. Black Panther (T'Challa)
    3. Vision
    The rumors that the Korvac Saga might be next to be adapted for the MCU is to me exciting.

BANNED

Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #2 Jun 1984
    "Prisoners of War!"
    On the surface of Battleworld, a planet created by the Beyonder in the previous issue the heroes gathered by the Beyonder

are attacked by the villains the god-like being brought there as well. The villains, armed with weapons found in a fortress on Battleworld,
    managed to get the element of surprise and began winning the battle against the heroes.
    Elsewhere Doctor Doom flies across the landscape recalling the events that brought them here.
    He manages to find Galactus, who attempted to attack the Beyonder earlier, only to be cast down to the surface of Battleworld.
    Doom attempts to get Galactus' attention, but the world devourer merely rises from the ground and walks off,
    ignoring the villain as though he were nothing more than a gnat. With his attempt to ally himself with Galactus a complete failure,
    Doom decides to follow through on his alternate plan. Returning to the massive fortress that the villains had commandeered for themselves
    before leaving to fight the heroes, Doom blasts past the security defenses and gains access inside where the inert body of Ultron is being stored.

Back at the battle, the heroes manage to regain the upper hand and send the villains in retreat.

However they manage to capture the Enchantress, Kang, Bulldozer, Piledriver and Thunderball, as prisoners.
    The heroes then go seeking shelter and find an abandoned fortress for themselves where they can detain their prisoners in stasis.
    As they are exploring the facility, Colossus notices that Lockheed went missing in battle and thinks about how his girlfriend,
    Kitty Pride would be upset if they do not return home with the little dragon. After the villains are contained,
    the heroes begin looking around and are surprised to find the fortress meets their every need but is completely abandoned.

Captain America soon calls a meeting together and begins formulating a plan to capture their foes.
    He sends Thor, the Human Torch and Iron Man out on patrol while the rest of the group finds lodging and food.
    Elsewhere on Battleworld, at yet another fortress, the mutant terrorist known as Magneto has found his own base of operations.
    Watching over the alien landscape before him, Magneto wonders if anyone else feels
    the same sense of destiny that he does regarding the events which are about to unfold.

Meanwhile, the uncaptured villains return to their hideout to find Doom waiting there for them.
    Still thinking him a traitor for previously abandoning them instead of fighting the heroes, they are about to attack
    when they are suddenly blasted aside by Ultron, who has been reactivated and reprogrammed to be loyal to Doctor Doom.
    Outgunned, the remaining villains have no choice but to follow Doom and allow him to be their leader.
    Doctor Doom then begins sucking up to the Molecule Man, easily one of the most powerful people out of them all.
    When Doctor Octopus turns Doom's attention to Galactus, they pull the world devourer up
    on a monitor screen revealing him to be standing at the top of a peak glowing with energy.
    Doom assures Octopus that plans are in motion so that they will triumph and orders Octavius to rest.
    Octopus complies but suspects that Doom will eventually betray them.
    At that moment, Magneto secretly infiltrates the heroes' base while his opponents are trying to relax.
    She-Hulk and the Wasp discuss all the things left behind on Earth,
    while Cyclops and Mister Fantastic lament about being separated from their wives,
    while Spider-Man and the Torch spend time together.
    Suddenly, Spider-Man's Spider-Sense goes off, warning him that Magneto is in the power plant of their headquarters.
    While he web-slings off to confront the threat, the Torch fires off a Fantasti-Flare to summon the rest of the heroes.

When the other heroes arrive, Spider-Man has been subdued and all the heroes combined are less than a match for Magneto.
    As the Master of Magnetism dumps machinery on them and escapes, the Wasp tries to chase after him.
    Magneto responds by wrapping her up in metal and taking her prisoner.
    Getting free, the Thing tries to chase after their foe but suddenly changes back into human form, much to everyone's surprise.
    Before they can go after Magneto, Captain America calls the rest of the heroes over to the monitor room where he
    and the Hulk have pulled up an image of Galactus. Cap warns the others that they have bigger concerns to deal with right now.

Story by Jim Shooter. Art by Mike Zeck and John Beatty.

Looks like they messed up the coloring of Reed's costume there.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I voted for Avengers Forever, but Ultron Unlimited comes to a very close second!

Avengers Forever had everything an event needs: great story, great art, great characters (and characterization) and no tie-ins! If you haven't read it yet, I highly encourage you to do so
    IMO every event in marvel comics is to be like that.