View Poll Results: Favorite Avengers Epic??

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Kree-Skrull War

2 1.75%
  • Celestial Madonna Saga

8 7.02%
  • Korvac Saga

12 10.53%
  • Cross-Time Kang War

3 2.63%
  • Under Siege

11 9.65%
  • Operation: Galactic Storm

7 6.14%
  • Avengers Forever

21 18.42%
  • Ultron Unlimited

7 6.14%
  • Avengers Disassembled

4 3.51%
  • House of M

2 1.75%
  • Infinity

15 13.16%
  • Civil war II

0 0%
  • Secret Empire

5 4.39%
  • No Surrender

9 7.89%
  • Other—band the Gigis.

8 7.02%
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Putting Marvel's best agent/spy character to Avengers.

Putting the heart of the Avengers to Agents of Wakanda.

Jason Aaron's mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Putting Marvel's best agent/spy character to Avengers.

Putting the heart of the Avengers to Agents of Wakanda.

Jason Aaron's mind...

Another one for the very long list of utterly bizarre Fresh Start-era Avengers Office decisions.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, he gets sent to the ancient past... and is stuck there. Remember the fossilised helmet last issue? And the FCBD story?
    Oh yeah, I forgot about him being sent to the past in the FCBD story

Extraordinary Member

Black Widow has a movie next year, which by Aaron’s lights means she has a right to be on the Avengers, unlike losers such as Wasp or Scarlet Witch.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Black Widow has a movie next year, which by Aaron’s lights means she has a right to be on the Avengers, unlike losers such as Wasp or Scarlet Witch.
    I'm sure it's also an editorial push but yeah, bingo

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I'm sure it's also an editorial push but yeah, bingo
    2021 will be a test of how much MCU promotion the Scarlet Witch needs to get before they put her back on the main Avengers team. If they never do it then literally nothing short of your own movie with your name in the title will convince Marvel editorial that a classic Avenger is "important" enough to get a spot.

Yeah, I'm grumpy, but the main Avengers team always seems to be composed of movie characters + author's personal favorites (Hickman); characters who have their own books (ANAD Avengers) or movie characters who have their own books (Aaron). It always seems like now should be the time to get some of the classic Avengers back onto the main team and it never quite happens.

The issue is not who the writer picks, it's that he's the only writer.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not that I'm against Widow being on the main team again, but it seems kind of random. Unless this is part of her movie push.

Is she fulfilling the rotating slot? Blade's an ongoing member now I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    2021 will be a test of how much MCU promotion the Scarlet Witch needs to get before they put her back on the main Avengers team. If they never do it then literally nothing short of your own movie with your name in the title will convince Marvel editorial that a classic Avenger is "important" enough to get a spot.

Yeah, I'm grumpy, but the main Avengers team always seems to be composed of movie characters + author's personal favorites (Hickman); characters who have their own books (ANAD Avengers) or movie characters who have their own books (Aaron). It always seems like now should be the time to get some of the classic Avengers back onto the main team and it never quite happens.
    To be honest, given how he tends to write female characters, I don't think Aaron would be a good fit for Wanda, or at least she wouldn't interest him.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The issue is not who the writer picks, it's that he's the only writer.
    Yeah, the only other Avengers book right now is Savage Avengers, which is actually a stealth third Conan title. We need another Avengers book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

With Savage Avengers currently selling more than the regular Avengers book, I think it will last more than 12 issues. I think there will be another weekly miniseries early next year, followed by a new Avengers title than spins out of it. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver need to be in something, and I hope they get included in the title.

Fantastic Member

I’d take another Avengers book with a few classic Avengers and more new Avengers characters

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    I’d take another Avengers book with a few classic Avengers and more new Avengers characters
    I'd love to see more of classic Avengers like Hank and Janet and Wanda, and newer blood like Living Lightning and USAgent and Songbird. Maybe HawkGuy or Stingray.

And then the seventh person can be whatever franchise they are fluffing that season. A Hulk. A Spider-Peep. One of the 74,521 regenerating mutants with claws out there. Doug Ramsey hiding under a mask as the new Swordsman, and using his powers to cheat at swordplay by reading body language and sending false readings through his own 'stance is a lie' tricks. Whatever.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 08-16-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I'd love to see more of classic Avengers like Hank and Janet and Wanda, and newer blood like Living Lightning and USAgent and Songbird. Maybe HawkGuy or Stingray.

And then the seventh person can be whatever franchise they are fluffing that season. A Hulk. A Spider-Peep. One of the 74,521 regenerating mutants with claws out there. Doug Ramsey hiding under a mask as the new Swordsman, and using his powers to cheat at swordplay by reading body language and sending false readings through his own 'stance is a lie' tricks. Whatever.
    Living Lightning & US Agent are old blood they were on the Avengers a hot minute. New blood would be: Diamondback, Goliath (Tom Foster), Swordswoman (to make her dad proud)

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    I'm surprised they haven't done a straight up new team book with some of the characters in the last major mini from the "No Surrender" writers.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm surprised they haven't done a straight up new team book with some of the characters in the last major mini from the "No Surrender" writers.
    Hopefully we get the next installment from them next year and maybe a new team book announced