View Poll Results: Favorite Avengers Epic??

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Kree-Skrull War

2 1.75%
  • Celestial Madonna Saga

8 7.02%
  • Korvac Saga

12 10.53%
  • Cross-Time Kang War

3 2.63%
  • Under Siege

11 9.65%
  • Operation: Galactic Storm

7 6.14%
  • Avengers Forever

21 18.42%
  • Ultron Unlimited

7 6.14%
  • Avengers Disassembled

4 3.51%
  • House of M

2 1.75%
  • Infinity

15 13.16%
  • Civil war II

0 0%
  • Secret Empire

5 4.39%
  • No Surrender

9 7.89%
  • Other—band the Gigis.

8 7.02%
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    It depends on how you feel about certain characters.

Doctor Strange: Terrible

She-Hulk: Terrible

Thor: Terrible

Ghost Rider: Good

Blade: Excellent

Black Panther: Excellent

Captain America: Okay

Iron Man: Okay

Captain Marvel: Okay

There you have it. Three "okay", two "excellent", one "good" and three "terrible".

That would be enough to make me leave, but comics is a visual medium and the art carries the writing when it falls down.
    What about the Wasp/Jan? Didn't she make appearances in Aaron's Avengers?

Astonishing Member

It depends on how you feel about certain characters.

Doctor Strange: Terrible

She-Hulk: Terrible

Thor: Terrible

Ghost Rider: Good

Blade: Excellent

Black Panther: Excellent

Captain America: Okay

Iron Man: Okay

Captain Marvel: Okay

There you have it. Three "okay", two "excellent", one "good" and three "terrible".

That would be enough to make me leave, but comics is a visual medium and the art carries the writing when it falls down.
    Pretty much my view as well except I'd put panther in the okay bit, rider excellent

It's patchy imo

I did like the vampire arc

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Agreed. Geneis Captain Marvel was so beast. Wish he would make a come back.

I voted Avengers Forever as well. That story drew you in and had some of the best character development for pretty much all of the characters. It's one of the stories that you can read over and over again and not get bored.
    Agreed. Genis' introduction was awesome. I kind of want the character to stay dead. If he is brought back he will immediately be turned into a loser or villain to be sacrificed on the altar of Carol Danvers.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Pretty much my view as well except I'd put panther in the okay bit, rider excellent

It's patchy imo

I did like the vampire arc
    This book lives and dies by its art because the writer isn't good enough to generate any goodwill from me to "stick with it" through a terrible artist.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Agreed. Genis' introduction was awesome. I kind of want the character to stay dead. If he is brought back he will immediately be turned into a loser or villain to be sacrificed on the altar of Carol Danvers.
    He already has been turned into a loser. When he died, he was a member of the Thunderbolts.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-06-2019 at 01:01 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He already has been turned into a loser. When he died, he was a member of the Thunderbolts.
    I don't think that's quite what Thunderbolts membership means .

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wasn't reading Marvel at that time.

BANNED

Avengers #64 May 1964
    "Like a Death Ray from the Sky!" Part 2 of 3.
    Earth's Mightiest Heroes zoom into outer space in search of Egghead's deadly space station!
    The evil megalomaniac is threatening to obliterate more cities in America, if the federal government doesn't give in to his demands!

But before the Avengers can destroy Egghead's orbiting laser, they have to locate it first!
    And strangely enough the critical coordinates come from a local mobster with a past connection to the new Goliath!

So now the heroes have a ray of hope...in stopping the ray of death!

It's a battle among the stars for the Mighty Avengers!
    Avengers Lineup: Black Panther, Hawkeye/Goliath, Vision, Wasp and Yellowjacket. First appearance of Barney Barton. Cameo appearance by the Black Widow.

Script by Roy Thomas. Pencils by Gene Colan. Inks by George Klein.

BANNED

So Johnny Blaze is evil now ? He was good last time we saw him, was he not ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Nah, he's probably just going to get the Vengies up-to-date on Mephisto's schemin'.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    I hope not. I mean, I would love for Dan Ketch to go back to being the one and only Ghost Rider in all of known existence. But, certainly not at the expense of Johnny Blaze's heroism. I know everyone looks down on the 90's, but I enjoyed Blaze's time being a mentor & partner to young Dan during Kubert's run on Spirits of Vengeance. Ghost Rider in the 90's totally rocked.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 05-11-2019 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Added a few words.

Incredible Member

@Jekyll:Would say seek out the first story arc to determine for yourself. More than likely it's in trade by now. To me,it seemed like he was trying for the "big guns" approach done by Grant Morrison on the JLA back in the late 90's but falls a little short. But it is an interesting mix of characters and ideas.
    Last edited by Brian Adkins; 05-11-2019 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I hope not. I mean, I would love for Dan Ketch to go back to being the one and only Ghost Rider in all of known existence. But, certainly not at the expense of Johnny Blaze's heroism. I know everyone looks down on the 90's, but I enjoyed Blaze's time being a mentor & partner to young Dan during Kubert's run on Spirits of Vengeance. Ghost Rider in the 90's totally rocked.
    I absolutely loved Spirits of Vengeance. Johnny had the hellfire shotgun with Danny as Ghost Rider. Really good book.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Johhny Blaze is the best Ghost Rider for me, and as far as I've read opinions online, that's who most people think of when someone says Ghost Rider, but it is also good to see some appreciation for Ketch.