Page 89 of 179 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2671

So MMX #11 is out this week yes?
    After the GoT finale (Jonerys shipper here ), I need something nice this week.

Yup, it's out tomorrow! Can't wait to pick up my copy from my LCS!
    Last edited by KingGambit; 05-21-2019 at 10:23 PM.
    I support diversity and increased representation of racial and religious minorities as well as LGBT characters in comics. I do not support changing existing characters to fit these molds. Writers and artists should be creating new characters to tell new stories.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    So MMX #11 is out this week yes?
    Less than 24 hours for the digital!

After the GoT finale (Jonerys shipper here ), I need something nice this week.
    I’ve never seen a show kill itself before like GoT did with those last three episodes. I didn’t need happily ever after but at least logical character choices. Half the main cast took hard left turns with their characterization so nothing felt earned. I did bawl however spoilers:
    when Brienne wrote about Jaime in the book of brothers. She saw the best in him and made sure history would too even if he couldn’t or wouldn’t (ugh) escape his toxic relationship with Cersei. Brienne is the best.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Anyone have any last minute guesses/theories/predictions for issue 11? I’m setting my alarm for this one so don’t screw it up with delays, Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Less than 24 hours for the digital!

I’ve never seen a show kill itself before like GoT did with those last three episodes. I didn’t need happily ever after but at least logical character choices. Half the main cast took hard left turns with their characterization so nothing felt earned. I did bawl however spoilers:
    when Brienne wrote about Jaime in the book of brothers. She saw the best in him and made sure history would too even if he couldn’t or wouldn’t (ugh) escape his toxic relationship with Cersei. Brienne is the best.
    end of spoilers
    Just woeful, illogical writing. I can write an essay about what went wrong in season 8. And yeah, I didn't want a Disney ending either, but I'd take that over abrupt character-assassination and "subverting expectations".
    Anyway, the MMX preview looks pretty good... spoilers:
    no signs of Rogue burning children alive so far...:P
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    Anyone have any last minute guesses/theories/predictions for issue 11? I’m setting my alarm for this one so don’t screw it up with delays, Marvel.
    I seriously got nothing! No idea where this might go. Will it set them up for whatever comes next in HoX/PoX or to meet up with the UXM team? Do they ride off into the sunset, at least temporarily? Will this change the status quo with the Guilds? Will Tante show up? Will some big reveal happen? Maybe some important conversations? Will they get killed off or shunted into another dimension.

KT has been able to keep me surprised thus far, so I've about given up on even trying to guess.

Spectacular Member Kalternativa's Avatar

KT said she did her best to advance the R&G story as much as possible. Which left me full of theories. If we evaluate well many characters have a conclusion, in a way. Spiral is free, Cerise managed to get away with Xandra safely ... It's as if the story really was over. As if everyone had a happy ending before Hickmann's big bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalternativa View Post
    KT said she did her best to advance the R&G story as much as possible. Which left me full of theories. If we evaluate well many characters have a conclusion, in a way. Spiral is free, Cerise managed to get away with Xandra safely ... It's as if the story really was over. As if everyone had a happy ending before Hickmann's big bomb.
    Well and as hush-hush as the HoX/PoX stuff is, I doubt this arc can give anything big away where that story is concerned. If they really aren't going to be in the event, then I could see something happening to prevent their inclusion maybe? Hopefully not death! Watching all the characters dying off or leaving in UXM DOES make me wonder what this is all building toward/setting up. It's like pieces are being intentionally taken off the game board. But to what end?

Also what the heck does Hickman mean by "Mutants don't wear human clothes"? Is this humor? Sarcasm? Surely he's not serious? ... because clearly they DO wear human clothes. Like ... a lot. So many panels. Also, since they're human and all. I dunno what that's even about. *shrug*

Anyhow! I do seriously hope we see Tante Mattie though. When is the last time she appeared? I miss that lady.

Spoilers ahoy!

spoilers:

CANDRA!!!! She’s back bitches!! And in tiny young tween form.

So Candra has both guilds under her thrall again. The issue is pretty much Gambit gets caught, gets chained up to a ridiculous degree and collared so he can’t just blow the chains off. He tries to have a heart to heart with Belladonna to see if she played him too (the guilds left Spiral’s package so they could steal the collars) but then Rogue arrives and just tears the fucking place apart. She finds her man but gets surprised blasted by Candra. So now she’s chained up (not to Gambit’s level) and they have a little sweet chat. He’s surprised she came because of all the damn X-Men drama currently going on and she’s all ‘you dumb-dumb, you’re my number one priority. Always.’ (Oh, and more jokes about all their sexscapades involving chains). They get knocked out again and Gambit wakes up chained in a new room. Rogue is chained in front of him to a St. Andrew’s cross with Candra & Belladonna on either side. Candra’s stoked to announce it’s time for the sacrifice to begin!
    end of spoilers

I can’t believe we only have one more issue left. Aurgh.
    Last edited by PeachFlavoredXanax; 05-22-2019 at 12:40 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Spoilers ahoy!

spoilers:

CANDRA!!!! She’s back bitches!! And in tiny young tween form.

So Candra has both guilds under her thrall again. The issue is pretty much Gambit gets caught, gets chained up to a ridiculous degree and collared so he can’t just blow the chains off. He tries to have a heart to heart with Belladonna to see if she played him too (the guilds left Spiral’s package so they could steal the collars) but then Rogue arrives and just tears the fucking place apart. She finds her man but gets surprised blasted by Candra. So now she’s chained up (not to Gambit’s level) and they have a little sweet chat. He’s surprised she came because of all the damn X-Men drama currently going on and she’s all ‘you dumb-dumb, you’re my number one priority. Always.’ (Oh, and more jokes about all their sexscapades involving chains). They get knocked out again and Gambit wakes up chained in a new room. Rogue is chained in front of him to a St. Andrew’s cross with Candra & Belladonna on either side. Candra’s stoked to announce it’s time for the sacrifice to begin!
    end of spoilers

I can’t believe we only have one more issue left. Aurgh.
    Hey! Thanks for the recap! I just read it (yup, on a family vacay in Hawaii and still planned my day so I could download the issue right away!). Will reread and comment more soon! I can’t believe there is only one issue left.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoLiz View Post
    Hey! Thanks for the recap! I just read it (yup, on a family vacay in Hawaii and still planned my day so I could download the issue right away!). Will reread and comment more soon! I can’t believe there is only one issue left.
    Ha that’s funny.... I’m in Athens right now and I kept anticipating this issue to be released. Loved it. The last few issues are easily my favorites. I loved a particular panel in this one. Art is great too. Ugh I’m so sad that it’s almost over. Especially since it’s all so scary with whatever is going on in the x-world. After the Game of Thrones finale and how quickly we are approaching the end of MMX I fear I’m going to get depressed after all of the highs of this year so far. Going back to Los Angeles tomorrow too.

*sigh*

I need a hug.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    Ha that’s funny.... I’m in Athens right now and I kept anticipating this issue to be released. Loved it. The last few issues are easily my favorites. I loved a particular panel in this one. Art is great too. Ugh I’m so sad that it’s almost over. Especially since it’s all so scary with whatever is going on in the x-world. After the Game of Thrones finale and how quickly we are approaching the end of MMX I fear I’m going to get depressed after all of the highs of this year so far. Going back to Los Angeles tomorrow too.

*sigh*

I need a hug.

Will read it only after work.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post

Will read it only after work.
    Awwww you’re the best, Purp! Thank you, friend. *hug*

I hope you enjoy it! Can’t wait to hear everyone’s thoughts on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post

*sigh*

I need a hug.
    Romy ship, how is Greece?! I keep missing you on the chat.

I will have to come back later for a more thorough review. Wednesdays are so busy. Boo. But ...

spoilers:
    I think Purp is gonna be REALLY happy with this one! When Candra appeared I had "The Bitch Is Back" song rolling around in my head all night.

I think my favorite panel was Rogue bursting through the door all "honey, I'm home" with a goon hanging off her. Was glad to see her dedication. And super glad they had their fun little romp in the sheets before this, because between CM and this issue they are taking a major beating.

Now I'm wondering where the hell did Jean-Luc nope off to? Seriously that guy is kinda the worst. And now I'm thinking, did Remy actually surgically imbed something in his hip earlier, knowing if caught he'd be thoroughly searched? Though clearly he wasn't expecting Candra and neither was I. Missed the memo that she was back from the dead. Hoo boy!

How the heck can this all be wrapped up in one issue?!?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    spoilers:
    How the heck can this all be wrapped up in one issue?!?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Gambit realizes he doesn’t want to be with Rogue because even though we’ve been reading about his redemption arc for decades, he states he’s total garbage and should be with Belladonna because she’s also trash. He and Belladonna start to run off but get killed off by random bricks falling from the underground place caving in on itself. Issue ends with Rogue on her laptop writing a blog post about all the wonderful & heroic things he did in life, ending it with “he died protecting his queen.” She shuts laptop and el fin.
    end of spoilers

NOT THAT I’M STILL BITTER.