Page 166 of 179 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 2671

Finally! The Excalibur #2 preview.

https://www.superherohype.com/comics...ew-excalibur-2

Still loving the art. Gambit looks great. He's melancholy and grumpy about Rogue's situation, as he should be. So he seems on point so far. And I'm glad to have the Marauders crossing over. Fingers crossed for a better issue here. It seems very promising.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Finally! The Excalibur #2 preview.

https://www.superherohype.com/comics...ew-excalibur-2

Still loving the art. Gambit looks great. He's melancholy and grumpy about Rogue's situation, as he should be. So he seems on point so far. And I'm glad to have the Marauders crossing over. Fingers crossed for a better issue here. It seems very promising.
    Interesting what Gambit has in his small bag.

Rogue is not some damsel in distress. She has been in danger several times and Gambit didn't whine about it. He got to work like in Messiah Complex. I suppose one could argue he is more overprotective because they are married now but if this is the vision of Gambit going forward then it is going to get really annoying, really quick.

More to the point, Gambit basically is quite emasculated thus far. In issue one he says some stuff to Rogue and she basically tells him to shut up. He threatens Apocalypse and Apocalypse basically clowns him and here he tells everyone he is not in a joking mood and they pretty much continue to joke. No one takes anything he has to say seriously. He is the Rodney Dangerfield of Excalibur. Seems we traded Racky LeBeau during the Legacy run for Rodney LeBeau as dude gets no respect.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

There is a time lapse between the end of the last issue and the events in the preview, but here are my assumptions, first regarding Gambit's concerns about Rogue:

In Krakoa live some of the most brilliant minds in the world so I would assume guys like Sinister and Beast checked on Rogue and had no idea what's going on with her, since it seems the best solution they could come up with was to get in a boat and travel to England for reasons (?) instead of keeping her in a hospital under medical observation. Honestly it would make no sense to get in a boat trip without consulting those guys first. So with that in mind, to me it makes perfect sense that Gambit is really worried about his wife, as a matter of fact in my opinion any other kind of behavior would make no sense.

To the second point, yeah I have to agree that he hasn't been treated with any kind of respect so far. His wife is in some weird unknown state and people keep making fun of the guy, it not only speaks badly about how Tini has treated him so far, but it also makes everyone else around him look like a morons, what kind of friends would act like that? I can understand one joke to try lift Remy's spirit up but the moment he says he is not in the mood for jokes everyone should have stopped and to continue after he said that is completely disrespectful.

IMG_20191116_110138.jpg

Art by Eduardo Pansica posted on Twitter

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    Loving this so much! Hopefully a promise of things to come.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

So beautiful!

Look at how emasculated Gambit is in that scan!!!! Why is HE the one turning his head all the way while Rogue just gingerly tilts her head??? Is Remy Lebeau not man enough to have Rogue turn her head for him? This is DEMENTED and MISANDRIST!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Look at how emasculated Gambit is in that scan!!!! Why is HE the one turning his head all the way while Rogue just gingerly tilts her head??? Is Remy Lebeau not man enough to have Rogue turn her head for him? This is DEMENTED and MISANDRIST!!!!
    I was okay with X-Men becoming PLANTS, I was okay with X-Men becoming SEGREGATIONISTS, but X-Men becoming SIMPS??? NO WAY!!!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

IMG_20191116_110138.jpg

This is gorgeous (dat Remy smirk), and I am here for the Marcus To WIP too.

(Never get tired of classic X-Men arcade sprites either!)

IMG_20191116_110138.jpg

That is awesome. How have I never heard of this artist before?
    The Marcus To art is nice too. I wonder how far ahead in issues that image is from...I'm not too thrilled with Rogue being comatose one issue in.

Bleeding Cool bringing up Gambits role in Excalibur:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11...bur-2-preview/

Eh, can always count on Bleeding Cool for clickbait.

So been watching XTAS on Disney+ with the kiddos this week and of course they love it and while it didn't age perfectly, dang there are some great beats in there still. Season 1 has some of the best Gambit and Rogue moments - Rogue terrifying Gambit with her driving, that subtle nod from Storm to Rogue when she says she probably knows Gambit best, the game of pool, Rogue basically staring Gambit down into the suicide mission but then freaking out when he's not emerging from the collapsing base only to kiss him (with her hand between) when he's alright. Yep, still not over loving this show faults and all.

And feeling more ready to ride out Excalibur and see where it goes.

Spectacular Member

Thanks for sharing Couplest! Beautiful shot. But I’m crazy right? To me, it looks like Gambit (well more Gambit) and Rogue are cuddling a baby. It looks like a very round head in Remy’s arms? Reminds me of the Spiral soul? I’m the only one seeing this right? They would never leak this!