Page 85 of 179 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2671

So when Hickman comes in, sounds like his books will be the ONLY X-Men game in town for those 12 weeks, after which we'll get a whole new wave of X-books. Sooo, like late Sep/early Oct? https://comicbook.com/marvel/amp/201...mpression=true

And ... not sure how good I feel about that? I can't help but think Gambit and Rogue will be wallpaper at best since all the promo cover art seems to be surrounding the more classic X-characters. I mean, I hope to be totally wrong here. But it really feels like we're looking at a 3 month hiatus for them until whatever their new team book is launches and we won't know what that book even is until July. I really hope they play a role in this event and that it's as awesome as everyone keeps saying and with 12 books I guess they might show up? But right now it just feels UGH.

Really wish we didn't have to wait until July to know what their new book will be, though I can see where that info might spoil this whole event.

It seems HOX and POX will be huge. I hope Gambit and Rogue will be there too. And hope very much that their new team book is X book.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Well... it’s a better model if they have a 3 - 5 year plan, and outline year by year titles / characters to what the purpose of each year is until it all cumulates into a main end point like the studio did with the Avengers movies. I don’t even like the Avengers but I got all verklempt at the final movie.

However, who knows where Gambit & Rogue land. Hickman did wax poetically about love so... maybe?

Incredible Member

This whole HOX and POX Hickman thing has thrown my household for a loop. I’m an x-men fan and am not that excited about it and my husband is a Hickman and doesn’t really keep up with the X-line. So between the two of us, one of us will likely read it?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just want to know where Gambit and Rogue will be.
    E18CDCA2-400D-4CA7-B594-14D11D3AB909.jpg

So after Hox Pox we will get new X books in October.
    Hickman will be writing Flagship.

Don't expect our favorites anywhere near main cast(

For those who have twitter, maybe you can send some Romy questions for Hickman:

@AiPTcomics

But wait, there's MORE eXciting #XMen news today! Next #XMenMonday, the one and only @JHickman will be filling in for @cracksh0t and answering YOUR questions about the next great X-Era! So, what are your non-spoiler #HouseOfX and #PowersOfX questions, or just general X-Questions?

-------------

Anyways I'm really looking forward to Hickman's books, it seems that after a very long time the X-men have a clear plan and direction for the future.
    I'm not worried about Rogue and Gambit since we know they'll end up in a book that they've never been before, we just have to be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    For those who have twitter, maybe you can send some Romy questions for Hickman:

@AiPTcomics

But wait, there's MORE eXciting #XMen news today! Next #XMenMonday, the one and only @JHickman will be filling in for @cracksh0t and answering YOUR questions about the next great X-Era! So, what are your non-spoiler #HouseOfX and #PowersOfX questions, or just general X-Questions?

-------------

Anyways I'm really looking forward to Hickman's books, it seems that after a very long time the X-men have a clear plan and direction for the future.
    I'm not worried about Rogue and Gambit since we know they'll end up in a book that they've never been before, we just have to be patient.
    Thanks. Asked question. We need more questions about Gambit and Rogue.

Hope both Rogue and Gambit end up in a book not written by KT, but I doubt that's happening. Marvel seems adamant on letting her control their destinies.

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    Yeah, I love Rambit and Rogue & Gambit on X-Men teams, but outside of the ancillary books like MMX, X-23, X-Men Red etc, the main team books have been poor and stuck in loops of navel-gazing, which is something Hickman is looking to address in the interview that's out today.

Also, Hickman gave us the wonderful Cannonball, Smasher & Josiah Guthrie, so he has precedent for marriage (& more, though I would be shocked if Rambit have a kid - and yes I was shocked they were married but still.) and progressing relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Thanks. Asked question. We need more questions about Gambit and Rogue.
    I asked two. Trying to weed out and ask indirectly since I have doubts they'll say what characters are/aren't in the book. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I asked two. Trying to weed out and ask indirectly since I have doubts they'll say what characters are/aren't in the book. Who knows.
    Nice move I noticed it.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoLiz View Post
    Any chance the writers who’ve admitted to disliking Gambit might come around? KT admitted she long ago disliked Ms. Marvel and Dazzler (because even though Rogue was in the wrong, she had conflict with these characters) and KT she loves them (obviously). So you never know?
    Bummer. So no Gambit in Uncanny after relaunch probably.

CB says it on the podcast, right at the end after talking about the Gold wedding. Now I need to give part 2 a listen.
    So when Hickman comes in, sounds like his books will be the ONLY X-Men game in town for those 12 weeks, after which we'll get a whole new wave of X-books. Sooo, like late Sep/early Oct? https://comicbook.com/marvel/amp/201...mpression=true

And ... not sure how good I feel about that? I can't help but think Gambit and Rogue will be wallpaper at best since all the promo cover art seems to be surrounding the more classic X-characters. I mean, I hope to be totally wrong here. But it really feels like we're looking at a 3 month hiatus for them until whatever their new team book is launches and we won't know what that book even is until July. I really hope they play a role in this event and that it's as awesome as everyone keeps saying and with 12 books I guess they might show up? But right now it just feels UGH.

Really wish we didn't have to wait until July to know what their new book will be, though I can see where that info might spoil this whole event.
    From what i remember Hickman doesn't like Gambit, so almost certainly a hiatus.

Wouldn't be surprised if they end up in a unimportant secondary X-book post September i.e X-factor or New Mutants

Both of my fears stated right there, which is why I'm feeling very "meh" about the X-line come July. I hope I'm wrong, but I might end up sitting this out until the new line-up of books gets launched.

Quote Originally Posted by CityofAngels View Post
    From what i remember Hickman doesn't like Gambit, so almost certainly a hiatus.

Wouldn't be surprised if they end up in a unimportant secondary X-book post September i.e X-factor or New Mutants
    I mean, a lot of people would disagree that X-Factor or New Mutants were unimportant, but that's neither here nor there.

I don't doubt they won't land in Hickman's flagship book if he dislikes Gambit as so many have said. But a single flagship book isn't enough to contain all the popular X-characters or tell all their stories. When it was UXM and Adjectiveless together, both teams were pretty important and intertwined. Neither was the standalone all important X-book.

Seriously all I want is a team book with a good writer who actually likes them and a decent artist. And it could be a completely new title for all we know, though my top suspect remains X-Force for no particular reason other than it seems intriguing.

And yeah, I would make a terrible Jedi because I have no patience. LOL I want to know now!
    Last edited by AppleJ; 05-14-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Amazing Member

After reading KT on Twitter I'm sure she will continue writing them