Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    I mean... I don’t necessarily fault Morrison for the idea. Rogue as a happy, sassy chick who punches things and kisses people to steal their powers from the 80s felt so hollow to me. Touch is a vital part of mental health and having a character who completely lacks it with no end in sight shouldn’t be an upbeat flirt. I feel her relationship with Gambit really defines her as someone with depth, really showing the sadness & despair her powers would have on a person. (Rogue also defines Gambit and gave him depth as he’s not just a total man whore looking for a good time).

Had Rogue not gone through all of the heartache related to her relationship with Gambit, I would honestly agree with Morrison that the character makes no goddamn sense. That said, she did go through it and Morrison’s idea is like a decade (at that time) too late.
    Right and I guess I saw her outward brashness and toughness as a sort of facade that she puts on for the world and just to get through life. In quiet moments we get to see a lot of the more morose Rogue. Also I feel like Mystique probably had a stiff upper lip/never let them see you cry outlook on life and taught Rogue the same from her.

But also I like to think Rogue also has a sense of fun and making the most of a crappy situation. Emo Rogue makes more sense to me for a younger teen than a college kid or young adult.

If they did a "young years" Rogue like 13-17, I would like this take more. Especially if we see her being raised by Mystique and Destiny.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 01-07-2019 at 03:24 PM.