Page 116 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2671

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I really need to try out Runaways! I had been avoiding because I didn't want to spoil the plot for the HBO series. But in this Romy desert, it may get desperate.
    Just how desperate...are you? Desperate enough to see Rogue and Remy become supporting characters in...Captain Marvel? Looking at next weeks issue, things are getting bad for dear Carol, so bad she contemplates spoilers:
    hitting the bottle again
    end of spoilers. Could Carol turn to Rogue and Remy now that she is becoming a pariah? How much of a hold does Kelly have on Rogue and Remy?

KT told that she is not writing Gambit and Rogue soon.
    So they won't appear in CM. Don't need them there.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I really need to try out Runaways! I had been avoiding because I didn't want to spoil the plot for the HBO series. But in this Romy desert, it may get desperate.
    Seriously, you do! There are very few comics I rave about but BKV’s run (both series) of Runaways is phenomenal. After BKV the kids went through a number of writers that never really got their voices, but Rainbow w/ Kris Anka relaunched it a couple of years ago and it’s really got it’s heart back (my only complaint feels like the kids have lost their bite, but then again, they’ve all aged about 3 years since the series started so I guess it makes sense they should mature a little).

I really, really cannot recommend Runaways enough.

Gambit & Rogue at no point ever come up in Runaways but one of the characters Molly is a mutant so there is a fair numbers of references to the x-Men

I really wonder why Marvel took KT off this couple. You have this insane success, huge fan following and they're just like...'oook Kelly, good times but we hate money and success so we're going to let the fans turn back to reading and writing their own fanfic'.

I know this is the usual, but I'm absolutely sick of the trend in comics these days where everything is a damn mini or doesn't last longer than 12-20 issues. Can we get one long continual story? Why is that so hard?

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    I really wonder why Marvel took KT off this couple. You have this insane success, huge fan following and they're just like...'oook Kelly, good times but we hate money and success so we're going to let the fans turn back to reading and writing their own fanfic'.

I know this is the usual, but I'm absolutely sick of the trend in comics these days where everything is a damn mini or doesn't last longer than 12-20 issues. Can we get one long continual story? Why is that so hard?
    insane success? Marvel hates money? Mr and Mrs. X didnt even crack the top 140 for May. The book has not been a success and Marvel is likely losing money on it. Yeah it sucks that most series dont last long but if the numbers arent there to justify keeping them, then they have to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    insane success? Marvel hates money? Mr and Mrs. X didnt even crack the top 140 for May. The book has not been a success and Marvel is likely losing money on it. Yeah it sucks that most series dont last long but if the numbers arent there to justify keeping them, then they have to go.
    Most marvel books have such sales and even worst. It wasn't insane succes but sales were fine. No crossovers, tie-ins, no interviews after first arc, no alt variants after issue 3 and it were just a few variants for first three issues. So in this situation and current market MMX did fine.

Should it sell better? Of course.

Mr and Mrs X sales were bad, and KT's direction was at best, divisive.

Incredible Member

I know you were not a fan, but a lot of us were. And as with all books nowadays, we don’t know the full success because of only getting the print orders and have no idea on how digital sales are, etc... I don’t harp on sales of any books really because we don’t have that bigger picture and some do better digital, some do better trades, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    I know you were not a fan, but a lot of us were. And as with all books nowadays, we don’t know the full success because of only getting the print orders and have no idea on how digital sales are, etc... I don’t harp on sales of any books really because we don’t have that bigger picture and some do better digital, some do better trades, etc...
    You're right, trade sales do count a lot nowadays (both the R&G mini and Iceman are proof), but monthlies also count, we can't dismiss them. I loved the last Generation X, but the horrid sales sealed its fate.

So it's not me harping, just stating a fact. Uebersoldat called the book an "insane success" lol

Also, sorry if it seemed like I was making light of the cancelation. I know this thread is by lovers and for lovers of the book. I wasn't a fan, but I feel ya. Having a book I love canceled sucks.

What bothers me is the uneven way Marvel treats some books.
    Since some people here mentioned Runaways, that book has had sales lower than 13k since issue #8 and it's now at issue #21 selling barely 9k and it's still going!
    Similar things can be said about Moon Girl, Squirrel Girl, Captain Marvel and many others.
    The special treatment some books get by Marvel is very infuriating, I wish Marvel would apply the same rules evenly for all the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Most marvel books have such sales and even worst. It wasn't insane succes but sales were fine. No crossovers, tie-ins, no interviews after first arc, no alt variants after issue 3 and it were just a few variants for first three issues. So in this situation and current market MMX did fine.

and most of them get cancelled. Thats par for the course. I think a solo (or duo) book doing about 30K or so is doing fine. One hovering around 15k? Not so much

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    What bothers me is the uneven way Marvel treats some books.
    Since some people here mentioned Runaways, that book has had sales lower than 13k since issue #8 and it's now at issue #21 selling barely 9k and it's still going!
    Similar things can be said about Moon Girl, Squirrel Girl, Captain Marvel and many others.
    The special treatment some books get by Marvel is very infuriating, I wish Marvel would apply the same rules evenly for all the books.
    most of those books have been canned and relaunched. MMX just ended. I'd to hear official news on what's next bc for all we know they may get a mini at the end of the year
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-15-2019 at 09:43 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post

Mini series have weaker sales than Mr and Mrs X

but series?
    X-Force 7 and 8? 20,119 and 19,617
    Mr and Mrs X 7 nd 8? 17,864 and 16,513

x-23, black panther? better sales
    Asgardians of the Galaxy? better
    majox ? better
    thor? better
    Spider-Gwen Ghost Spider? 24,423 better
    alle these series(and much more) have better sales than mr and mrs x

worse?
    giant man
    age of x minis
    shuri
    ironheart
    and more like this

and trades also weren't great
    Mr and Mrs X < Rogue and Gambit mini by KT if we look at sales of trades.

MMX were planned as 1 year book from the start. And it sold like 1 year book.

Before Xel will burn everything with fire I will remind everyone that it is Romy appreciation thread.

I checked out of the book after the first arc, simply too much concentration on one character over the other, plus the book wasn't particularly good.

Was going to start to pick it up again but from what I've heard their's only been one better issue just before the book ended. Not surprised to see that sales were atrocious.

Hoping to hear about some announcements soon to hear where they will turn up next.

Kelly is part of the Xmen Monday interview and she admits that she wanted to put Rogue and Gambit in Diassembled but didnt bc it was all or nothing and including them there meant they'd have to be in AoX
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-15-2019 at 10:26 AM.