Page 2 of 179 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    god kelly’s Just the WORST sometimes.
    At lease Asmus had the decency to do that and undo it in the same issue.
    I love her but why does she have to be the queen of evil cliffhangers?!?!

New thread first post is awesome! Thanks, DM!

But for real, can someone time travel us to 2/13? I need 8 right now.

And since I’m already wishing big chunks of it away, happy new year to all of you!

Initially I thought Gambit will fight Spiral next issue. But now I'm thinking it'll be a team-up or "hook-up", the cover almost indicates it too.

Rogue/Longshot and Gambit/Spiral.

So I'm thinking we're safely past spoiler time now? Yes? No?

I had many LMAO moments with #7 . . . I swear, didn't we talk about how well "noir" would work for Gambit and Rogue way back in an old thread? But clowns . . . That's just sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Initially I thought Gambit will fight Spiral next issue. But now I'm thinking it'll be a team-up or "hook-up", the cover almost indicates it too.

Rogue/Longshot and Gambit/Spiral.
    You may be right, you know.

Incredible Member

I think that’s a really good guess.....or Rogue/Longshot are more “on camera” while Spiral and Gambit stuff may be more “behind the scenes?”

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I first saw both characters from the 90s X-Men but I didn't remember anything beside bits and pieces of their personality. The movies are more recent, but I know enough that they're different and the 90s cartoon is more accurate.

The most striking image I remember of them as a couple was from the Marvel swimsuit special.

20a54167c2185331f883d66c244bbb91.jpg

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Fun fact: It's been slightly under a year since I thought I remembered something from Circle of Four and googled "Marvel guy with cards" to find out who it was.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I first saw both characters from the 90s X-Men but I didn't remember anything beside bits and pieces of their personality. The movies are more recent, but I know enough that they're different and the 90s cartoon is more accurate.

The most striking image I remember of them as a couple was from the Marvel swimsuit special.

20a54167c2185331f883d66c244bbb91.jpg
    I love the old Swimsuit Special images. That one and the one where they are on the alien beach are great
    Make Good Art

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I love the old Swimsuit Special images. That one and the one where they are on the alien beach are great
    what about the Ghost Rider swimsuit special?
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Kelly is great, this issue had everything.

Thanks Kelly.

First of all, HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.

DearMachine, thank you for your this beautiful thread! Not sure why the others got closed but this is a nice clean slate. Loved the review thread very much. I've been crazy at work but I am anxious to share my thoughts on the first issue of the 2nd arc. I stayed strong and resisted the previews this time around. I don't know if I will have that sort of perseverance down the road. Especially considering the following...

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Oh wow, a 5-week wait?
    We have been spoiled these last two issues what with the wait times not having been horrific. My Birthday is one week after the release of issue #8 so as anxious as I am for the book I'm not necessarily wishing the time away as I'm kind of dreading the B-day. Either way, it'll make for a nice early present so I'll take it. Also looking forward to the TPB out in March? I think...

I'm so incredibly excited for whatever is in store for Romy. It feels pretty darn impossible for anything to top the year that was 2018 but I'm going to hold on to hope that Kelly will be allowed to give us more Romy goodness. Praying Marvel editorial doesn't take this away from us. It's been a wild ride and I'm hanging on tightly...

DearMachine, did you ever get on Tumblr?
    Thanks for sharing Bon Temps podcast. Riley is wonderful. If any of you are interested in doing an episode reach out to him. He is always looking for new Romy fans to have on.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Remember to keep showing the love people*, because #7 was great. Loved that twist ending, and genuinely on tenterhooks for Remy and Spiral! That should be a lot of fun, as Major Domo and Mojo were at the start. Spineless One Clowns would be extra-horrifying...

*3 letters printed for me now.

Today Anna Paquin Pic x-men 2000

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Today Anna Paquin Pic x-men 2000
    Cute! I wasn't super crazy about her Rogue, but I put that mostly on the directing trying to merge her with a Kitty/Jubilee analog. Still, I have an affection for it as the first X-Men film.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Remember to keep showing the love people*, because #7 was great. Loved that twist ending, and genuinely on tenterhooks for Remy and Spiral! That should be a lot of fun, as Major Domo and Mojo were at the start. Spineless One Clowns would be extra-horrifying...

*3 letters printed for me now.
    I've had 2, but I'm making a concerted effort to pace myself and not be "that guy". LOL Which means all of the rest of you got to pick it up!