Page 47 of 179 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by belay View Post
    MR. AND MRS. X #12
    KELLY THOMPSON (W) • OSCAR BAZALDUA (A)
    Cover by TERRY DODSON
    • Happily Ever After?
    • Rogue and Gambit have had quite the year — will they finally be able to relax and enjoy marital bliss?
    • Don’t bet on it!
    Attachment 79985
    Dang, that is a great cover. I love it!
    Make Good Art

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by belay View Post
    MR. AND MRS. X #12
    KELLY THOMPSON (W) • OSCAR BAZALDUA (A)
    Cover by TERRY DODSON
    • Happily Ever After?
    • Rogue and Gambit have had quite the year — will they finally be able to relax and enjoy marital bliss?
    • Don’t bet on it!
    Attachment 79985
    That is the most beautiful cover of the entire run.

Absolutely sounds like they’re snipping it with issue #12. X-23 apparently ended the month prior and we have the AoXM mostly wrapping in June too. I think everyone is correct that they’ll be doing a masssive X-related relaunch in July. Can’t wait to see where these two end up!

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    That is the most beautiful cover of the entire run.

Absolutely sounds like they’re snipping it with issue #12. X-23 apparently ended the month prior and we have the AoXM mostly wrapping in June too. I think everyone is correct that they’ll be doing a masssive X-related relaunch in July. Can’t wait to see where these two end up!
    Yeah, it definitely sounds like it with the "Happily Ever After?" part. Definitely excited to see what they're up to next, though! Even though the book is ending, I think KT showed that there are still a good number of Romy fans out there.
    Make Good Art

Geat cover. Not happy about MMX ending. I guess I'm more of a Romy fan than an X-men fan, maybe? I'm just not super excited about the prospect of a team book where they'll be sharing panel time with five other characters...but that's me. *shrugs*

Even seeing the writing on the wall for a while, it's so depressing to see it coming to a close. But like they say, all good things and whatnot ...

And when I realize we basically will have had them in a book as a couple over 18 months, it's probably silly to complain. So many fans would love for their ship to have gotten even half this much attention. The fact that even X-23 is wrapping and even Domino couldn't make a long run is somewhat heartening. It's just so difficult to get those long runs anyone even with an excellent book and popular characters.

Please, please, please let them get on a team book that's not overcrowded, has other X-Men, and with a writer that loves them! And soon! And if it's Kelly writing that would be even better! And if Pere Perez came back I might keel over and die.

I DO LOVE this last cover, though. That's one passionate kiss! But I think my top cover is still #11 followed by #6, though I may give this 3rd place and #1 4th.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Okay, I bothered to read through all of Marvel’s June solits. Semi-Gambit/Rogue related:

Black Cat is getting her own series and the description for it talks about her being on the run from the NY thieves guild. (A plot brought over from Amazing SpiderMan. Yes, Gambit got a shot out, but for being memorable unlike Peter Parker)

The cover for NextGen #5 is almost identical to #1 - except the student body is waking the opposite direction and the little grey French twins (who were completely absent from #1 cover) are right in the middle sitting on a bench feeding chickens.
    Last edited by PeachFlavoredXanax; 03-19-2019 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Even seeing the writing on the wall for a while, it's so depressing to see it coming to a close. But like they say, all good things and whatnot ...

And when I realize we basically will have had them in a book as a couple over 18 months, it's probably silly to complain. So many fans would love for their ship to have gotten even half this much attention. The fact that even X-23 is wrapping and even Domino couldn't make a long run is somewhat heartening. It's just so difficult to get those long runs anyone even with an excellent book and popular characters.

Please, please, please let them get on a team book that's not overcrowded, has other X-Men, and with a writer that loves them! And soon! And if it's Kelly writing that would be even better! And if Pere Perez came back I might keel over and die.

I DO LOVE this last cover, though. That's one passionate kiss! But I think my top cover is still #11 followed by #6, though I may give this 3rd place and #1 4th.
    All right, your pep talk worked on me a bit. I'm just greedy, lol. It's hard going from a duo book to a team book. I'm just somewhat worried about the creative team and their take on Romy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    All right, your pep talk worked on me a bit. I'm just greedy, lol. It's hard going from a duo book to a team book. I'm just somewhat worried about the creative team and their take on Romy.
    Yeah, me too! Especially with the recent relaunch news. I'm just really getting to like this new cadre of X-writers and I don't know Hickman's work. We've been burned on writers before not doing right by these two. Gonna be nervous until we hear the re-launch announcements.

I think KT will continue to write them.

Incredible Member

I think so too. She has at least one new book that hasn’t been announced. And even as a team book, that would make me feel a lot better about their status. Plus the X-line has some really good writers right now and I don’t want that to change just for a big name.

It really sucks that this is ending. What's Marvel's excuse for canning it? It's the best X-book I've read in recent memory.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Okay, I bothered to read through all of Marvel’s June solits. Semi-Gambit/Rogue related:

Black Cat is getting her own series and the description for it talks about her being on the run from the NY thieves guild. (A plot brought over from Amazing SpiderMan. Yes, Gambit got a shot out, but for being memorable unlike Peter Parker)

The cover for NextGen #5 is almost identical to #1 - except the student body is waking the opposite direction and the little grey French twins (who were completely absent from #1 cover) are right in the middle sitting on a bench feeding chickens.
    That’s interesting. Did they say if the Black Cat series a mini or ongoing?

And I totally noticed those grey kiddos on the cover too! And I haven’t read NextGen. What’s the deal with the chickens? Is there a deal? Are they just chickens?
    Last edited by Couplest; 03-20-2019 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    That’s interesting. Did they say if the Black Cat series a mini or ongoing?

And I totally noticed those grey kiddos on the cover too! And I haven’t read NextGen. What’s the deal with the chickens? Is there a deal? Are they just chickens?
    Ongoing. I doubt that Gambit will appear or will be used in Black Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    It really sucks that this is ending. What's Marvel's excuse for canning it? It's the best X-book I've read in recent memory.
    I know! It has a very solid following. But, the diamond sales have been steadily dropping. I haven't seen very many non-team books that can buck this trend. And even some team books can't seem to make it. Too many competing interests for X-readers probably to casually follow this story. Only big fans of this pairing and/or KT are sticking with it. Who knows, maybe the original plan was for 12 unless it really took off. I really, really wish we could get these niche books in the digital first to trade format like Jessica Jones is doing. I love those huge doses of story all at once.

Still holding out for a KT X-team book with them in it.

So MikeB! What's the word on Captain Marvel? Got Rogue?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Has it been stated the series is ending or is this just speculation based on wording of the solicits for issue #12?