Page 52 of 179 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    [insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Edit: Correction, Gambit might somehow be part of a weird merged character with Nightcrawler and ... maybe Namor? Yikes ... I dunno.
    Hard pass.

EDIT: Okay, looked at the thread. So they’re two very weird mesh characters. One being Gambit & Nightcrawler and the other Colossus with his sister. Not really sure what the hell that’s all about, maybe it’s just Sinister fucking around with genetics again.

There a smattering of many different X-Men in the promo but completely lacking Rogue (she’s missing along with Psylocke & Polaris). I’ve got fingers crossed that actual Gambit and his lady are off in whatever title they’ve never been a part of that was being hinted at on Monday.
    Last edited by PeachFlavoredXanax; 03-23-2019 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Hard pass.
    Others are suggestioning its future Nightcrawler offspring. Hoping it's that one and not the "merged" theory. Brrrr

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Remember, Rogue got shipped off to an Avengers book for 6 years. Maybe it will happen again. (Fallout of her appearance in Captain Marvel? Who knows? )
    My thought is no, because otherwise there was no point in moving her, Sam, and Roberto from UA.

I also noticed that Laura and Gabby are missing, Cannonball, Lorna, and many GenX and other New Mutant or X-Factor characters - No Rayne, no Strong Guy, no Rictor, no Shatterstar, no Jaimie Madrox, no Glob Herman, no Armor, no Pixie, no Rockslide ... no Eyeboy ...

Maybe new teams will be happening? New books?

Incredible Member

I just want gambit and rogue in some other non-Hickman book please.

My thought is no, because otherwise there was no point in moving her, Sam, and Roberto from UA.
    Sam and Roberto were in New and US Avengers, not Uncanny with Rogue.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

As much praise as I've seen for Hickman, I definitely would be willing to give him a shot. But I like where the other writers are going right now and less interested in another huge X-event. Much as I'm enjoying AoXM, 32 books is a LOT.

Now if we get a Rogue and Gambit team book and/or a return of Generation X, I'm down for that. Or if MMX continues? It seems like X-Force and Uncanny would, but this will poach quite a few characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sam and Roberto were in New and US Avengers, not Uncanny with Rogue.
    Sorry, just meant they all left Avengers after No Surrender.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Okay, I think I’ve passed the shocked point and am now just laughing at the random. Couple of things:

Hopefully this Gambit/Nightcrawler amalgamation doesn’t also include both of their accents.

The character’s charism is going to be OFF THE CHARTS. No one stands a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Okay, I think I’ve passed the shocked point and am now just laughing at the random. Couple of things:

Hopefully this Gambit/Nightcrawler amalgamation doesn’t also include both of their accents.

The character’s charism is going to be OFF THE CHARTS. No one stands a chance.
    No doubt! Holy buckets. LOL

Yeah, trying to avoid that knee jerk "where's my characters?!" freakout moment and stay positive here.

Sorry, just meant they all left Avengers after No Surrender.
    Did you read the end of No Surrender and what happened to the Unity Squad? There was no formal breakup. There was no agreement for the members to go their separate ways. There was no "mission accomplished, we are not needed anymore." All the members just seemed to just drift apart. It was a weak way with NO EXPLANATION why the group ended other than the Avengers editor wanting to relauch a single Avengers book.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Did you read the end of No Surrender and what happened to the Unity Squad? There was no formal breakup. There was no agreement for the members to go their separate ways. There was no "mission accomplished, we are not needed anymore." All the members just seemed to just drift apart. It was a weak way with NO EXPLANATION why the group ended other than the Avengers editor wanting to relauch a single Avengers book.
    Yeah, I agree it was super disorganized and informal. I mean, in some ways that's how lots of superhero teams seem to end. They just drift apart on other missions. I would have enjoyed a more formal invitation/adoption of Rogue back to the X-Men. We kind of see her return in Astonishing to help out and then Gold as a substitute and then she just hangs around. Even in Rogue and Gambit, he refers to it as a break from Avenging. Maybe once an Avenger, always an Avenger?

Personally I'd like to see her back on a formal X-team and leading, particularly a young squad. But it would be cool to have the Avengers call her in for backup now and then.

As I mentioned in another thread, I'm absolutely jaded with all the mega events and shake-ups over the past decade or so. I'll follow Gambit and Rogue around anywhere but I don't feel any ties to the X-Men and haven't in a long, long time.

That said, I do think now that the X-Men are back home under Marvel's roof we'll start to see more cohesion and money put into the actual X-Men as people tend to remember them. I just can't let myself have too much hope there and so I'm going to ignore it until time has proven they are treating the mutants seriously again at Marvel E specifically.

I know nothing about Hickman, so I don't know how to feel about this announcement. I do love the thought of Pepe Larraz potentially drawing Rogue again, though.

Also: I thought that was Namor, but...IDK?
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 03-24-2019 at 05:29 AM.

looks like somebody stole Gambit bag

gambit3.jpg
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I'm looking forward to see Hickman writing the X-men, I'm 100% reading it even if Rogue and Gambit aren't involved.
    He did a great job with the Avengers, he had a detailed plan and he carried it for like 5 years with an amazing pay off. In my opinion that's what the X-men have been needing for years, just a man in charge with a clear vision and a solid plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    I just want gambit and rogue in some other non-Hickman book please.
    White 99.9% confirmed this on Monday, I don't think anyone would have to be worried. By the way I'm sticking to my original hunch and say it is Guardians of the Galaxy.