Page 87 of 179 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2671
    Incredible Member

I loved the preview. Knowing they are up to speed on things and realizing the horrible issues that mutants are now dealing with, some internalized thoughts, plus shirtless Gambit.

Like I said to Nox on Twitter, my heart was full of all the feels from not only Remy feeling conflicted but setting himself up to “not be disappointed” when Rogue goes on to do the “right” thing. Like he is psyching himself up that she will go help Scott and Logan prioritizing that “understandably” instead of their relationship/what he has to do right now. Of course, we saw the panels showing her in the mix so it seems like it likely will be a nice way to show Rogue is as loyal to Remy as we have seen he is to her. I mean they lost so many and are just now finding that out after the fact. Rogue is a hero, but things are bad for mutants and she is married to one (and obviously so is he but she’s got some harder to killable powers and at least has some avengers cred.) It makes sense she would choose him as her priority, especially considering he is kind of jumping into a possible hornets nest with the thieves so thieves and anti-mutant hysteria are not a fun environment. Alternatively, I’m assuming he is also worried but while he trusts her to be okay is probably not loving the lack of updates.

But enough of my blabbering. Long story short awesome preview and I’m so excited to read this issue.

Also while I’m eager to find out what’s going on with them, I’m not overly worried about KT’s answers. Mostly because she can’t really says things so she may know or she may not. She may be writing them and she may not. We just don’t really know until we know.
    Last edited by Couplest; 05-17-2019 at 09:52 AM. Reason: More babble

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    Also while I’m eager to find out what’s going on with them, I’m not overly worried about KT’s answers. Mostly because she can’t really says things so she may know or she may not. She may be writing them and she may not. We just don’t really know until we know.
    She literally said in her Twitter post that she isn't writing the books or the characters. I for one will be glad to see a new writer take over. This rehash of old plots has been super stale. The only highlight was Cerise.

Incredible Member

And she has also answered similarly about things in the past that weren’t announced yet. I’m a big KT fan and hope she isn’t done with them so to each their own.

KELLY THOMPSON
    @79SemiFinalist
    ·
    Apparently this needs FURTHER clarification as I see people screencapping it & using it in arguments. When I say I'm not writing the books - I was referring to HOX & POX. As to everything else I cannot comment either way - those are PR Announcements that Marvel will be handling!

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    KELLY THOMPSON
    @79SemiFinalist
    ·
    Apparently this needs FURTHER clarification as I see people screencapping it & using it in arguments. When I say I'm not writing the books - I was referring to HOX & POX. As to everything else I cannot comment either way - those are PR Announcements that Marvel will be handling!
    I thought that might be the case but everyone was so adamant that she was talking about unannounced books too that I thought i was taking crazy pills haha
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzz View Post
    After reading KT on Twitter I'm sure she will continue writing them
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I really hope so!
    I really hope that she keeps writing Gambit and Rouge also. I'm typically not fond of reading super hero comics about married couples. Really, I don't think that most fans read super hero comics to read about married couples. But, I really liked KT's Mr. and Mrs. X, and think that she did a good job with the idea.
    Maybe the comic would have sold better if they had just called the book Rouge and Gambit, or Gambit and Rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I really hope that she keeps writing Gambit and Rouge also. I'm typically not fond of reading super hero comics about married couples. Really, I don't think that most fans read super hero comics to read about married couples. But, I really liked KT's Mr. and Mrs. X, and think that she did a good job with the idea.
    Maybe the comic would have sold better if they had just called the book Rouge and Gambit, or Gambit and Rouge.
    Yeah, that probably wouldn't have hurt. Far more recognizable on shelves. If someone had missed the miniseries and/or wasn't reading XM Gold, the announcement of MMX could easily fly over your head. Although the cover art should have helped. But if you were out of comics completely it wouldn't maybe catch your notice.

Probably the biggest challenge for the series with only a few characters (Multiple Man, Domino, X-23, Shatterstar, R&G, MMX) is that general X-fans may not be willing to buy those multiple titles along with the flagships that have the larger casts of characters. Only fans especially fond of the characters or writers or who heard rave reviews will give them a go.

Though you bring up an interesting point. I DO wonder what percentage of fans is interested in reading about married superhero couples. I have to think the average age of the fanbase is a huge factor. I certainly wouldn't want all or even the majority of the characters married. Though not having them bounce around constantly between random relationships would also be nice. Build these things up and let them stew. For Rogue and Gambit it feels pretty earned though. Like decades in the making.

Anyway, hopefully being on a team helps R&G. I would love to see Kelly take that on. Her team dynamics have been great in other books. But I can understand some readers wanting a change in writer. My concern with a new writer is getting one who doesn't get them, especially Gambit, and their relationship and just wants to come tear the whole thing down. I think I'm forever burned by Milligan's complete character assassination of them both during his run. I don't want to feel like leaving comics again, even though my bank account would thank me. So fingers crossed for a good writing team. Now I think most artists would love to draw them with all their sexy drama. But some can probably pull them off better than others , especially where the action is concerned for Gambit.

But if all the other writers are raving about HoX/PoX I will give them them the benefit of the doubt and be hopeful for what comes after.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 05-19-2019 at 09:06 AM.

Great preview. Gambit using contacts was a nice touch.

I'm also hoping KT gets an X-book. She deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Great preview. Gambit using contacts was a nice touch.

I'm also hoping KT gets an X-book. She deserves it.
    I was looking over this again and have to say, KT has done a great service making sure we got in one last shirtless Gambit in this series. Bravo my dear! LOL

But seriously, another interesting and subtle thing I noticed was that he has a line of stitches along his side/hip, hence all the medical supplies. Is this stemming from the battle in Mojoverse? Or is something else going on?

*** scratch that *** Not subtle at all, grimacing and actively stitching himself up. Curious.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 05-19-2019 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Noticed more

Incredible Member

Yeah, my head kind of went with “he’s been putting out more than one thieves guild fire.” I feel like sexy times or not, Rogue would get mad if he was unnecessarily bleeding all over those white sheets.

I was initially pretty put off by the title itself. I didn't like it at all and still think it was an open sabotage by someone at Marvel toward the couple. It absolutely would have sold better had it been R&G or G&R blasted across the top. People are jaded with all the weird X-Men books lately and they're more apt to skip the mess and look for recognizable titles if any at all.

It's too bad because MMX has been the best Marvel I've read in many years.

Spectacular Member Kalternativa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post

But seriously, another interesting and subtle thing I noticed was that he has a line of stitches along his side/hip, hence all the medical supplies. Is this stemming from the battle in Mojoverse? Or is something else going on?
    Is not that the wound he got when he faced Deathbird?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalternativa View Post
    Is not that the wound he got when he faced Deathbird?
    My thoughts exactly. I thought it was odd that the wound wasn't mentioned before this point, but I guess there wasn't enough panel time in the Mojo arc to reference it, so here it is, I guess?

Comic Geek in General

So, now we know where Remy and Rogue where a few months ago.....dealing with Thieves Guild Issues......hopefully they’ll pop up in Uncanny #22 (They’re missed, and they’re the ones not caught up in the concurrent event.....they had their own thing going on.....). Maybe the Final Battle some Hellfire Merc has a bead on Havok or Cyclops only to be thrown away hard by Rogue or get exploding cards around him by Gambit.......

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I thought it was odd that the wound wasn't mentioned before this point, but I guess there wasn't enough panel time in the Mojo arc to reference it, so here it is, I guess?
    Hmmm, that could be except quite a bit of time has passed since the Space Arc. Including the whole house party from #6. So if it's the same wound it would have reopened if stitches are needed.

And can I just say, I do love when we get these glimpses of heroes dealing with their injuries. Just adds this element of humanity.