Page 48 of 179 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    That’s interesting. Did they say if the Black Cat series a mini or ongoing?

And I totally noticed those grey kiddos on the cover too! And I haven’t read NextGen. What’s the deal with the chickens? Is there a deal? Are they just chickens?
    LOL The chickens ... seem to be "real" chickens. If anything is real in this whole scenario. They are kind of Glob's pets-ish. It makes sense if you read it. But their names crack me up.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Has it been stated the series is ending or is this just speculation based on wording of the solicits for issue #12?
    Speculation based on solicts and sales. Not officially confirmed ... yet.

Incredible Member

FE1C3AB0-6EE5-406D-B1B4-F364F9ACDC2F.jpg

Alright Marvel....you better give KT an X-team book wiith Gambit and Rogue!

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    FE1C3AB0-6EE5-406D-B1B4-F364F9ACDC2F.jpg

Alright Marvel....you better give KT an X-team book wiith Gambit and Rogue!
    Jessica Jones WAS awesome. Though I wouldn't be AS surprised if those stories tend to come and go more periodically with big breaks between. She's not as huge a character as most with solos.

Buuuttttt .... if JJ is ending or taking a break and WCA is ending and MMX is ending, they gotta give her something! X-team book .... hoooooo!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    So now we've seen the Hickman rumors and looking to be confirmed. But I expect he'll be on Uncanny or adjectiveless.

The way JDW says later in the year ... does that imply fall?
    I'm in the Eternals camp on that rumor, based on this Hickman tweet: https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/1105883705296515078

The gif fits the Eternals' backstory much better than the X-Men. Plus, Marvel is making an Eternals movie, so needs to bring them back and raise their profile in the comics. That's a more likely project for Hickman.

My own (boring) theory is that Marvel is going to stay the course with the X-Men's current writers.

Speculation based on solicts and sales. Not officially confirmed ... yet.
    Yeah. It would also make sense to rethink where all the characters end up in July.

I love MMX. I wouldn't trade MMX for anything. But I have found it a *touch* frustrating that it's meant Gambit and Rogue have been out of both Uncanny and Age of X-Man. I'd have liked to see them both in that universe, since, well, they have the Grand Romance in a world where it's forbidden.
    Last edited by DearMachine; 03-20-2019 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I'm in the Eternals camp on that rumor, based on this Hickman tweet: https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/1105883705296515078

The gif fits the Eternals' backstory much better than the X-Men. Plus, Marvel is making an Eternals movie, so needs to bring them back and raise their profile in the comics. That's a more likely project for Hickman.

My own (boring) theory is that Marvel is going to stay the course with the X-Men's current writers.

Yeah. It would also make sense to rethink where all the characters end up in July.

I love MMX. I wouldn't trade MMX for anything. But I have found it a *touch* frustrating that it's meant Gambit and Rogue have been out of both Uncanny and Age of X-Man. I'd have liked to see them both in that universe, since, well, they have the Grand Romance in a world where it's forbidden.
    I am sure he is writing X-Men. Maybe both X-Men and Eternals. Or Eternals will play a big role in his X-Men.

But he is writing X-Men for sure.

I do hope KT gets an X-book.

So...anyone else reading Captain Marvel? #4 should be interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    I do hope KT gets an X-book.

So...anyone else reading Captain Marvel? #4 should be interesting!
    I haven't been so far, but definitely want to check out #4. Are you enjoying it, Nox?

Incredible Member

I wasn’t until I just saw KT’s tweet that rogue will be in at least part of today’s, issue 4 and issue 5 so I just told my lcs to add it to my pull. Got me again, KT!

Spectacular Member Kalternativa's Avatar

Rogue's entry into Captain Marvel #3 is exactly what I want on MCU! Come Rogue villain!!!

I haven't been so far, but definitely want to check out #4. Are you enjoying it, Nox?
    Yeah. It's got a strong female cast, which is cool to see. I admit, I'm not well versed in Carol's previous comics appearances, so I can't comment with certainty on whether or not it's true to her "voice", but as a newbie to all things Captain Marvel, I can see KT has a clear vision for her. Obviously, the Rogue fan in me wants to see her face off against Rogue...which seems VERY likely.

Yeah. It's got a strong female cast, which is cool to see. I admit, I'm not well versed in Carol's previous comics appearances, so I can't comment with certainty on whether or not it's true to her "voice", but as a newbie to all things Captain Marvel, I can see KT has a clear vision for her. Obviously, the Rogue fan in me wants to see her face off against Rogue...which seems VERY likely.
    Yeah, I know bits and pieces of her story and liked her appearances in Spiderwoman and Jessica Jones. I just haven't been able to relate or emphasize or something with her character. Maybe because she's more full blown hero and less gray or flawed? Dunno. They had a nice backstory summary from the comics before the Captain Marvel movie at Alamo Drafthouse. Even gave a nice Rogue cameo in her terrible villain hair. LOL

So most Rogue fans I know are jazzed for a Rogue vs CM confrontation in the MCU, but a few seem really against villainous Rogue and are very crabby about the memes going around. It boggles my brain. Do they know these characters at all?

I don't think there will be a big fight. I have not gotten issue #3 yet, but if this Nuclear man is somehow manipulating Rogue on an emotional level with his will weakening ray, I believe Carol will use psychology to break his grip on Rogue. Carol may end up coming clean about a long-hidden truth about what happened between them so long ago to set Rogue free.
    I have all 23 issues of the original Ms. Marvel series, Avengers #175-200, Avengers Annual #10, all of Claremont's first X-Men run, Operation Galatic Storm, all of Kurt Busiek's Avengers run and Ironman run, and Brian Reed's second Ms.Marvel run.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post

I confess, I know nothing about the Eternals. I would rather see the current writing team play out their hand for sure, so I hope you are right! And if not, hopefully Hickman isn't taking the whole line over.

So from a recent podcast with Kelly, MMX would have been canceled at #5 if they were in AoXM and would have had fairly bit parts in Disassembled. So in that respect I'm glad, because we wouldn't be getting the Rogue powers resolution and them working through some issues and I worry their marriage would be on less solid ground with other writers that might come in.

I do like AoXM! I think they would have been split up in AoXM with Remy in Prisoner or X-Tracts and Rogue in Marvelous or X-Tremists. It might have been cool if they had come together and overcome the brainwashing, BUT I could also see it being used to align them with a different romantic partner and put their marriage on shaky ground when this event is over.

Now I'm still holding out for a late appearance in UXM, though the moood is so dark right now! It needs some of their flirty, sexy devil-may-care attitude. Fingers crossed!

Yeah, I know bits and pieces of her story and liked her appearances in Spiderwoman and Jessica Jones. I just haven't been able to relate or emphasize or something with her character. Maybe because she's more full blown hero and less gray or flawed? Dunno. They had a nice backstory summary from the comics before the Captain Marvel movie at Alamo Drafthouse. Even gave a nice Rogue cameo in her terrible villain hair. LOL

So most Rogue fans I know are jazzed for a Rogue vs CM confrontation in the MCU, but a few seem really against villainous Rogue and are very crabby about the memes going around. It boggles my brain. Do they know these characters at all?
    Yeah, I hear ya. Maybe it's because we're Rogue fans...? IDK. I want to like Carol more than I actually do. Rogue's appearance is, admittedly, the biggest draw for me right now. I still think the book is solid and worth reading for anyone with an interest in Captain Marvel. I hope it does well. I'm giving it a shot, regardless.

I don't understand being against Rogue introduced as a Captain Marvel antagonist. That's her origin. It gives her a richer history than if she's good from the get-go. I want to see her troubled mother-daughter relationship with Mystique and to do so properly, her ties to villainy need to be explored.
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 03-20-2019 at 07:28 PM.