Page 68 of 179 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2671
    [insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I think I would have liked it better if the art was different for one thing. Because the whole premise is really fun, but that is not a good looking Gambit.
    Totally, he wasn’t good looking but I liked the wacky cartoon art since it was a more sillier story.

And the twins showed up again in the GeNext preview pages!! XD They were outside listening to the lunch room conversation and then Manon was outside listening to Rockslide discussing the lifeseed with the history teacher. I’m so excited for those two to make a move!

Incredible Member

It did crack me up that Deadpool and one of the villains were discussing how the pretty ones never have to learn lessons while talking about Gambit....and him being drawn....unpretty. Overall that mini was okay even though I could have lived with the 4th issue being condensed into the story instead of having a gambit and Deadpool mini issue without gambit and Deadpool.

Hmmmm...what are those twins up to? (I don’t know what’s been going on in genext other than the chickens so feel free to share what those twins are up to. )

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Totally, he wasn’t good looking but I liked the wacky cartoon art since it was a more sillier story.

And the twins showed up again in the GeNext preview pages!! XD They were outside listening to the lunch room conversation and then Manon was outside listening to Rockslide discussing the lifeseed with the history teacher. I’m so excited for those two to make a move!
    I mean ... that level of sneaky ... could be genetic ... that's all I'm saying. LMAO

I'm gonna have fun with this conspiracy theory until they utterly kill it! Tin foil hat in full gear!

Spectacular Member Kalternativa's Avatar

Some CBR articles are curious to say the least.
    I agree that Rogue and Gambit were not a perfect couple before Kelly Thompson worked with them. But this list of "15 Mutant Couples Who Deserve To Be "Mr. And Mrs. X" More Than Rogue And Gambit" does not have a single couple that deserves more. Some even despaired. Nightcrawler and Rachel, really?

https://www.cbr.com/couples-better-mr-and-mrs-x/

Quote Originally Posted by Kalternativa View Post
    I agree that Rogue and Gambit were not a perfect couple before Kelly Thompson worked with them. But this list of "15 Mutant Couples Who Deserve To Be "Mr. And Mrs. X" More Than Rogue And Gambit" does not have a single couple that deserves more. Some even despaired. Nightcrawler and Rachel, really?

lol Nightcrawler and Rachel...

Jeez, this article is really reaching. None of these "deserve it more".

Nightcrawler and Rachel? Really?! The relationship with basically no build-up and that practically nobody wanted? Scott and Jean, who've been done before. Like literally we did their wedding once already. Warren and Betsy who aren't even really together currently. X-23 and Julien ... who aren't even speaking really? Are they? When were they last even in panel together? Nevermind how young they are. Cable ... who's dead?! Hello?! Kitty and Piotr ... who very few fans were excited about happening in the first place and half of which want Kitty with Rachel or Magik instead. Marvel dodged a huge bullet by bypassing their nuptials, especially up against the bat/cat that didn't happen.

Cannonball and Storm are literally in other serious relationships. Sam is married with a kid for pity's sake.

Now I like Ric and Star and Jubilee and Chamber just fine as couples and I'd even like to see them end up together. But they are young and they've barely scratched the surface of being couples compared to Gambit and Rogue.

Rogue and Gambit have been on and off together and in each other's lives literally since the early 90's. And a lot of that time together was very good even before Kelly got ahold of them. I love Kelly's writing but she didn't make them great together. She just showed some people what was already there and they couldn't see or remember. She literally built the mini around their shared history.

Does this article writer know anything about the X-Men? Because these were a pretty ridiculous stretch.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 04-12-2019 at 05:24 PM.

Incredible Member

Yeah, I think this was done awhile back and is still as mind boggling. But! Previews late next week! Yay!

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

LOL gotta get those clicks. Never change, CBR
    Make Good Art

Oscar says farewell to MMX on Twitter with this last image of our favorite pairing.

IMG_20190413_092954.jpg

Only 3 more issues of MMX left.

Still wondering who will fill-in for #12.

So glad next week is previews! Seems much less of a torturous wait this time around.

I wonder why Rogue is back in her 90s costume again (even in her mindscape)?? I wonder if it’s foreshadowing anything?

guys, I was recently catching up with mmx and, being the nerd that I am about super powers, I could not help but notice that as she was fighting the Imperial Guard Rogue ended up phasing out of the ship, my question is : shouldn't wonder man's powers have protected her against the rigors of outer space? was it ever explained why she passed out at the time?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    guys, I was recently catching up with mmx and, being the nerd that I am about super powers, I could not help but notice that as she was fighting the Imperial Guard Rogue ended up phasing out of the ship, my question is : shouldn't wonder man's powers have protected her against the rigors of outer space? was it ever explained why she passed out at the time?
    Hmmm, good question. Well, she didn't pass out right away, but definitely by the time she was in Wade's ship. Though to be honest I'm not 100% clear on what degree of Wonderman's powers she retained after she got him out. Maybe not the full degree?
    Last edited by AppleJ; 04-13-2019 at 05:59 PM.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Longshot & Dazzler -- NOP, thanks.

In fact, I think the only couple I'm interested here is Storm & Forge.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Oscar says farewell to MMX on Twitter with this last image of our favorite pairing.

IMG_20190413_092954.jpg
    Aww, that’s beautiful! Thanks for finding that Apple

Only 3 more issues of MMX left.
    And we still don’t know where they’re ending up after except for some vague “a book they’ve never been in before.”

Hmmm, good question. Well, she didn't pass out right away, but definitely by the time she was in Wade's ship. Though to be honest I'm not 100% clear on what degree of Wonderman's powers she retained after she got him out. Maybe not the full degree?
    I kinda wish her increased physical powers (speed/strength/invulnerability/flight) where just part of Rogue power-set like something that gets umped even when absorbing basic life-force from common humans.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”