Page 34 of 179 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast
    [insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    The meaning behind that item is baffling. So far I think it's been described as three things: coeur (heart), oeil (eye), and âme (soul) with some descriptive word (gold, wound up, and star). How do these things correspond to one another?
    Frankenstein? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And Couplest, I feel you with the majority of podcasts. I swear 85% of them are true crimes (which aren’t my bag). My first podcast that finally caught me was Teen Creeps which is basically these two friends who are in their mid/late 30s going back and rereading & reviewing 90s YA fiction. I ended up digging out all my old Christopher Pike & LJ Smith novels (because I don’t throw anything away, coming soon to a future episode of Horders) and following along.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Frankenstein? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And Couplest, I feel you with the majority of podcasts. I swear 85% of them are true crimes (which aren’t my bag). My first podcast that finally caught me was Teen Creeps which is basically these two friends who are in their mid/late 30s going back and rereading & reviewing 90s YA fiction. I ended up digging out all my old Christopher Pike & LJ Smith novels (because I don’t throw anything away, coming soon to a future episode of Horders) and following along.
    I really like X-Plain the X-Men, Battle of the Atom, Comicbook Couple's Counseling, & Uncanny Nerdverse to name a few. They've all had a lot of love for MMX. For non-comics, This American Life and Armchair Expert can be good. The RomCom episode of This American Life about had me in tears laughing.

Incredible Member

I do love This American Life! In fact, I bought the NPR poster produced from one of Asmus’ early Marvel comics with Wolverine and Nightcrawler listening to it to hang in my son’s room. (I even had Asmus sign it.) I mean it combines public radio and the X-Men, what’s not to like? And hopefully it will subtly influence my kid.

I also listen to How did this get Made, although that the one I am months behind on. So I haven’t heard the minisode where Paul gives KT books a shout out! (I have a lot of friends who dig true crime podcasts, but one time my husband made me listen to the survivors episode of my favorite murder and that gave me way too much anxiety!)

So back on track...in one “world” the item was a bird, another a necklace, I couldn’t really tell what it was in the western, and in fantasy and Sci-If one looked like a glowing rock and the other a glowing gem? So the bird was a living thing the others all described an aspect of a living thing? So I don’t think a person is out of the realm of possibility. Especially if Mojo is using it to keep Spiral in check.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    It COULD be a person. Where is Ricochet Rita when you need her? I seriously know very little of Spiral's history. Might need to do some research!

And what do you all make of all the Rogue's on the next cover? Will each image have a specific tie in or were they just having funsies? What is the deal with the X-Baby Rogue?
    It's an excellent theory. My knowledge of Spiral is pretty limited too. We need an expert.

LOL! @PeachFlavoredXanax

There are so many Rogues on that cover...I'd be surprised if they all made an appearance, but I could be wrong. I assumed Dodson was having fun with it, hence the X-baby.
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 02-18-2019 at 07:02 PM.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Comicbook Couple's Counseling
    Okay, that’s amazing on name alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    So back on track...in one “world” the item was a bird, another a necklace, I couldn’t really tell what it was in the western, and in fantasy and Sci-If one looked like a glowing rock and the other a glowing gem? So the bird was a living thing the others all described an aspect of a living thing? So I don’t think a person is out of the realm of possibility. Especially if Mojo is using it to keep Spiral in check.
    Heart was also used a lot (hopefully Gambit’s not going to steal someone’s still beating heart - hahaha “KALIII MAAAAA” ). Does Spiral have anyone she really cares about that Mojo could have locked away to make her compliant?
    Last edited by PeachFlavoredXanax; 02-18-2019 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Compliment and compliant are, in fact, two different words

Okay, that’s amazing on name alone.

Heart was also used a lot (hopefully Gambit’s not going to steal someone’s still beating heart - hahaha “KALIII MAAAAA” ). Does Spiral have anyone she really cares about that Mojo could have locked away to make her compliant?
    LMAO about the "Kali Maaaa". That scene seriously terrified me for years! But yeah, Rita (I think?) was saying she does have a someone who it could be.

So far in that podcast they've talked Jean/Scott, Big Barda/Mr. Miracle, Alana/Marko from Saga, and now they are on Batman/Catwoman. They are pairing couples with self help books. It's pretty fun. And clearly I've not-so-subtly been suggesting Gambit/Rogue.

I do love This American Life! In fact, I bought the NPR poster produced from one of Asmus’ early Marvel comics with Wolverine and Nightcrawler listening to it to hang in my son’s room. (I even had Asmus sign it.) I mean it combines public radio and the X-Men, what’s not to like? And hopefully it will subtly influence my kid.

I also listen to How did this get Made, although that the one I am months behind on. So I haven’t heard the minisode where Paul gives KT books a shout out! (I have a lot of friends who dig true crime podcasts, but one time my husband made me listen to the survivors episode of my favorite murder and that gave me way too much anxiety!)

Oh that's fantastic! I didn't know such a thing existed. Might just endear Asmus to me more. And I do need to try "How did this get made" still. My hubbie is really into Serial, but I haven't tried it yet. Too much true crime stuff can definitely make me feel stressed out.

So the bird was particularly strange and stand out-ish among the items visually. I swear these are clues. That or Kelly is just having a good laugh watching us try to piece the mystery together!
    Last edited by AppleJ; 02-18-2019 at 08:05 PM.

Incredible Member

Are birds a spiral thing? I just came across this panel from an issue of uncanny x-force when she was looking for the girl (whose name is Ginny.) It could be a total coincidence, of course.

22268E51-284E-4483-A699-BAE95C022298.jpg

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

It COULD be a person. Where is Ricochet Rita when you need her? I seriously know very little of Spiral's history. Might need to do some research!
    LOL, I feel so honoured for your request! Thanks!

I admit the threads has been growing a lot and I've been having problem to follow them at length, I still got to read many posts. But I'll do it, promise.

Does Spiral have anyone she really cares about that Mojo could have locked away to make her compliant?
    Well... Longshot (although she won't admit it). But he's appeared already in the series, that is, if it was actually the real one.

Are birds a spiral thing? I just came across this panel from an issue of uncanny x-force when she was looking for the girl (whose name is Ginny.) It could be a total coincidence, of course.

22268E51-284E-4483-A699-BAE95C022298.jpg
    Well, Rita had a parrot called Wifferdill. Mojo almost killed it, as well as he did with her dog Saxophone. At the end of the series, Dr. Strange kept Wifferdill with him.

I would love that Spiral's goal was Wifferdill, but I honestly doubt it

I just bought one of those all in one printer copiers. I just figured out how to scan images to my computer. (a heck of a lot more complicated to figure out that when I bought and hooked up my first VCR in 1987. ) Now, how do I post that scanned image here?
    Last edited by mikeb; 02-19-2019 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    The meaning behind that item is baffling. So far I think it's been described as three things: coeur (heart), oeil (eye), and âme (soul) with some descriptive word (gold, wound up, and star). How do these things correspond to one another?
    All the names are linked to a person's identity in some way, right? We talk about knowing someone heart and soul, and we talk about the eyes being the window to the soul.

As to the descriptors, a lot of them are spiral-y. Sinuous, curled, twisted. The star is a little baffling, but I guess you get spiral galaxies. Lol.

My guess is that it's something to do with how Mojo has Spiral under control again.

I'm not sure that the actual forms matter all that much. I tend to see them as MacGuffins, where it doesn't matter what they are, but what their narrative purpose is. In this case, it was to prime Remy for Spiral's quest.
    Last edited by DearMachine; 02-19-2019 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I just bought one of those all in one printer copiers. I just figured out how to scan images to my computer. (a heck of a lot more complicated to figure out that when I bought and hooked up my first VCR in 1987. ) Now, how do I post that scanned image here?
    I tend to upload files to a hosting service (like Imgur) and then do "Insert Image" > "Insert Image from URL" from the menu bar above the reply box. The icon looks like a painting. If you upload them directly to the forum, they show tiny.

Spectacular Member

after reading about the other comic couples' plights, wow we are blessed finally! I'm still thinking about how comical Romy can be and what a nice feeling we can do both angst and light hearted material. I can't imagine any other couple that has the benefits of both.
    I somehow missed reading the posts from 2015 for the Romy thread, and I think I'm ready to buy the X-men '92 TPB. I found a good deal to get all 3 compendiums and even with how angular Romy looks, they do have the classic banter and flirtiness. I made a slight error on my Tumblr post about Romy being MIA from 2014 to 2016, cuz I didn't count the X-men '92 series. And that would have meant whether together or broken up Romy had existed on the pages every year since 1991. I don't think any other X-Couple has had that streak! Wow!

Spectacular Member

https://screenrant.com/best-comic-bo...-ever/?v=6&n=f

This was from 2016, I'd never seen it before. I recall the time ten years ago Marvel wanted us to forget about Romy and left them out in their Valentine's Day X-Couples list.

There is a preview for Wolverine the Lost Trail coming to stitcher in March. There is a little sample of what Remy will sound like.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/podc...inkId=63836783