Page 40 of 179 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

This makes me sooooo happy!

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Per Kelly answering asks on Tumblr, kiss cover coming for #12!!! Woo!!
    Well, I guess if it ends at 12, it'll go out with a bang
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Well, I guess if it ends at 12, it'll go out with a bang
    Yeah, I couldn't help but wonder if that is kind of symbolizing the end of the run? Like the kiss cover for the end of the mini? Or maybe they anticipated stopping at 12 from the get-go unless it had some exceptional sales? Or it means nothing and I'm just ecstatic to get a kiss cover! At any rate, knowing a 12 exists and is underway makes me happy. I'm so nervous for what happens after that.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Yeah, I couldn't help but wonder if that is kind of symbolizing the end of the run? Like the kiss cover for the end of the mini? Or maybe they anticipated stopping at 12 from the get-go unless it had some exceptional sales? Or it means nothing and I'm just ecstatic to get a kiss cover! At any rate, knowing a 12 exists and is underway makes me happy. I'm so nervous for what happens after that.
    Same here. This whole thing reminded me I needed to write to the X-Offices and show support for MMX, so I just did that. Might need to pick up a trade when I'm back at my LCS.

Either way, very excited that 12 is a Kiss Cover!
    Make Good Art

It does sound like #12 will be the last. After R&G ended I was hoping for a 12-issue maxi, so I got what I wanted at the end. However, I would've loved it to go up to say #15, maybe a 3-part story arc involving Mystique...and perhaps Sinister? Would've been a perfect way to end the series.

That said, if Uncanny's roster is too large, I'm hoping that maybe there'll be an adjective-less 'X-Men' relaunch (written by KT) and have a team of Rogue, Gambit, and few senior X-Men (Iceman, Psylocke, Kitty, Nightcrawler?) and maybe a couple of younger generation mutants (X-23, Pixie?)...with Rogue leading the team. A little bit like how Kate Bishop joined West Coast Avengers after her solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    It does sound like #12 will be the last. After R&G ended I was hoping for a 12-issue maxi, so I got what I wanted at the end. However, I would've loved it to go up to say #15, maybe a 3-part story arc involving Mystique...and perhaps Sinister? Would've been a perfect way to end the series.

That said, if Uncanny's roster is too large, I'm hoping that maybe there'll be an adjective-less 'X-Men' relaunch (written by KT) and have a team of Rogue, Gambit, and few senior X-Men (Iceman, Psylocke, Kitty, Nightcrawler?) and maybe a couple of younger generation mutants (X-23, Pixie?)...with Rogue leading the team. A little bit like how Kate Bishop joined West Coast Avengers after her solo.
    Hard same!

Yeah with WCA ending, if MMX does end at 12 that WOULD maybe free Kelly up for a big X-Team book. Just sayin', Marvel!

If the book makes it past #12, I'm almost positive it will make it to #18. They need 5-6 issues for a TPB.

We'll see what happens, I guess. I'm just grateful that we got 12 issues of a Gambit/Rogue duo where they were married. I would have thought that was impossible two or three years ago.

And, yeah, Marvel's going to have to put out another X-title. At the moment, everyone is funneled into a million AOXman minis (which, uh, I'm enjoying for some reason I don't quite understand). They won't all fit into Uncanny when they come back.

Incredible Member

9A3436F7-F6A1-4036-9EB1-9BE41A18E741.jpg

X-men Monday! I love this!

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post

Wow Beautiful
    Make Good Art

This is a really slick view point and the colors are so vivid. Love it!

That is gorgeous. I've really warmed up on the art to the series.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    That is gorgeous. I've really warmed up on the art to the series.
    Same here, although, most of my problems with it were due to the faces looking off.
    Make Good Art

Incredible Member

765597B1-85BA-4918-B9BA-70A809AD296E.jpg

This does NOT bode well for bearded Gambit!

That’s a stellar shot of Gambit. Love it!!
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

If the book makes it past #12, I'm almost positive it will make it to #18. They need 5-6 issues for a TPB.

We'll see what happens, I guess. I'm just grateful that we got 12 issues of a Gambit/Rogue duo where they were married. I would have thought that was impossible two or three years ago.

And, yeah, Marvel's going to have to put out another X-title. At the moment, everyone is funneled into a million AOXman minis (which, uh, I'm enjoying for some reason I don't quite understand). They won't all fit into Uncanny when they come back.
    Those are good points. I wish there was an easier way to know how things are going beyond the Diamond sales, like how are digital and TPB sales? And what is considered enough? I definitely need to write in again and have been thinking about getting the trade for collection purposes. Been thinking about letting my sis borrow my floppies, but ONLY if I have a trade in hand because that girl loses everything.

So if it got another arc, I wonder what the plot would be? Seeing the Cyclops list of outstanding X-enemies in the UXM #13 preview got me thinking a lot. Sinister is free to use potentially (not being used in Iceman). I mean, would he still be pissy about Mystique using Rogue to kill him? And Remy turning on him? Was it ever addressed?

And yeah, AoXM is drawing me in as well ... wth is going on?