Page 117 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 2671

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    and most of them get cancelled. Thats par for the course. I think a solo (or duo) book doing about 30K or so is doing fine. One hovering around 15k? Not so much

most of those books have been canned and relaunched. MMX just ended. I'd to hear official news on what's next bc for all we know they may get a mini at the end of the year
    Moon girl and squirrel girl are still going, anyway the point is that books like those, constantly sell poorly and Marvel constantly rewards them with one relaunch after another.
    I'm not talking specifically about MMX I know the plan was to end all books before Hickman's stuff, I'm just pointing out the unfair way some books are treated by Marvel compared to others that get a special treatment.
    I'm just venting over about something that has been happening for years, I remember Asmus' Gambit selling better than books like Capt. Marvel, both got cancelled yet shortly after Capt. Marvel got relaunched again and again.

So Dawn of X books will be announced this weekend. At last! Fingers crossed for a great writing team and artist and premise ...

I guess by insane success I meant that there were great fan vibes everywhere and my LCS was always sold out of them. My perspective of the whole thing, sorry. The reviews were always great on them too. I really don't understand how Marvel sees this as unsuccessful, if they do think that way. Seems like a lot of their X-books fall off the radar after #1. This one seemed to steadily sell.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    So Dawn of X books will be announced this weekend. At last! Fingers crossed for a great writing team and artist and premise ...
    Is it bad that I don't trust most other writers to write Remy and Rogue without breaking them up? Years of being a Romy fan has given me trust issues lol
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I hope for the better but don't have high hopes.
    Gambit is not very lucky with development and focus in team books.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Kelly is part of the Xmen Monday interview and she admits that she wanted to put Rogue and Gambit in Diassembled but didnt bc it was all or nothing and including them there meant they'd have to be in AoX
    Cop out.

Can't speak for Rogue, but this kind of thing has been happening for years with Gambit.

I've not been following the books closely, but he's not had a decent role in an event book since Messiah Complex. So over 12 years, crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by CityofAngels View Post
    Cop out.

Can't speak for Rogue, but this kind of thing has been happening for years with Gambit.

I've not been following the books closely, but he's not had a decent role in an event book since Messiah Complex. So over 12 years, crazy.
    She said there were workarounds but by the time those were figured out, it was too late for them. Im assuming she's talking about Cannonball in X-Force as he was written out of Dissassembled in the last issue. The other workaround was X-23, as Marvel ignored Age of X and had Laura's solo continue with she and Gabby. They could have done the same for Rogue and Gambit. Heck they could have been featured earlier in the story and then written out bc of what was going on in their series

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    I guess by insane success I meant that there were great fan vibes everywhere and my LCS was always sold out of them. My perspective of the whole thing, sorry. The reviews were always great on them too. I really don't understand how Marvel sees this as unsuccessful, if they do think that way. Seems like a lot of their X-books fall off the radar after #1. This one seemed to steadily sell.
    I agree that it has been extremely well reviewed and has a very loyal fan following, even if it's not maybe a huge enough group to grab corporate attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Is it bad that I don't trust most other writers to write Remy and Rogue without breaking them up? Years of being a Romy fan has given me trust issues lol
    Truthfully, I am super nervous about whoever gets their hands on them next. But trying to maintain my optimism, foolhardy as that may be.

The thing to remember about sales is that Digital Sales and non-Diamond Distribution sales etc are big x-factors that we don't know. Some series survive because they do really well in trade and/or digitally, and the consensus is that Moon Girl and Squirrel Girl do very well among younger audiences in trades, libraries, schools etc so they don't necessarily compare to stuff like MMX. And all this is on top of stuff like movies and TV shows and publishing plans etc etc.

It is going to be very interesting to see how things shake out on Saturday. Here's hoping for more quality Rambit content.

(I'd also really like Gambit and/or Rogue to show up in Black Cat down the line. I just think it would be super fun.)

Incredible Member

Hopefully this is the last X-men Monday before we have some answers. So here is Rogue being proud/happy/adorable.B62B5902-8662-4307-913C-67D7FDD6E01E.jpg

And yes please to them guesting in Black Cat!

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Thrilled that Jeff the Landshark is gonna appear somewhere though, thanks for sharing that!

Also, it's only two issues in, so there's only hints of romantic potential*, but the Black Cat series is filling my need for sass, comedy & action, so people here might enjoy it.

*She did have a partner hinted at in Amazing Spider-Man previously...

EDIT: Forgot to say, it has the NYC chapter of the Thieves Guild featuring prominently, also building out of Spidey.
    Oh if only Asmus had gotten his wish in having Black Cat appear in Gambit's solo.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by CityofAngels View Post
    I checked out of the book after the first arc, simply too much concentration on one character over the other, plus the book wasn't particularly good.

Was going to start to pick it up again but from what I've heard their's only been one better issue just before the book ended. Not surprised to see that sales were atrocious.

Hoping to hear about some announcements soon to hear where they will turn up next.
    Just read the Thieves Guild arc ie issues 11 and 12. Rest you can skip if your comment was about favoring Rogue over Gambit.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

I do so enjoy an appreciation thread, where I can freely appreciate and enjoy both of my two favorite characters along with other fans who are also fans of them both. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    Hopefully this is the last X-men Monday before we have some answers. So here is Rogue being proud/happy/adorable.B62B5902-8662-4307-913C-67D7FDD6E01E.jpg

And yes please to them guesting in Black Cat!
    Apparently that book was top seller for June. Interesting. Would be great exposure for them!

Incredible Member

Yes! And I just want their being married mentioned somewhere outside of an x-book!