Page 169 of 179 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 2671

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Honestly this pretty much sums up my feelings for this book at the moment. I’m loving it and enjoying everything about it except for Gambit/Rogue..... They were and are the main reason I’m collecting the book.... Seriously mixed feelings.
    My sentiments exactly.

I picked up Marauders today and was sad that I looked more forward to that book than Excalibur.

I truly hope Tini gets a handle on Gambit and Rogue. Right now I'm sort of relieved Rogue doesn't have any dialogue. *sigh*
    I'm going to see this through though.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    It looks like her shoulder to me... and she doesn't appear to be wearing clothes.
    (this has probably already been responded to but I'm now just reading through)
    Thanks Romy Ship. Yes, Jumpyshark set me straight. Sigh...mind you...do I really want them to be parents? I'm not completely sold on the idea as I think it's early but am willing to explore it if done right. And with them acting and speaking so out of character right now...I'd prefer to wait.

I will stick it out with the book with you. I'm hoping things turn around and they'll sound and act like them again soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Another lacklustre issue of Excalibur. *le sigh* I think I'm just going to drop this book. There's no reason for me to keep reading it.

Now I'm just looking forward to the possibility of having Gambit & Rogue Funko Pops next year. If it happens. It better happen.
    They'll probably cancel the 2 pops and release another Deadpool one instead, this time in turquoise and peach!

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    They'll probably cancel the 2 pops and release another Deadpool one instead, this time in turquoise and peach!
    I think I'm going to stick with it and see what it's like when Rogue is awake again, but yeah, not too crazy about it right now. Love the art, though
    Make Good Art

I like enough of it that I'm prepared to stick with it.

I just wish that Tini Howard remembers/discovers that Asmus story where Gambit becomes a fairy knight. That would be such a fun thing to include, and would give Gambit another connection to Excalibur and the Otherworld.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I like enough of it that I'm prepared to stick with it.

I just wish that Tini Howard remembers/discovers that Asmus story where Gambit becomes a fairy knight. That would be such a fun thing to include, and would give Gambit another connection to Excalibur and the Otherworld.
    I want that so bad. Even just a mention of it. Anything at this point lol
    Make Good Art

Extraordinary Member

was this cancelled I jsut read all of rouge and gambit then got to this and I love that they can have a happy ending

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    was this cancelled I jsut read all of rouge and gambit then got to this and I love that they can have a happy ending
    Welcome to the Gambit and Rogue appreciation thread!

Rogue and Gambit ( 2018) by Kelly Thompson was a 5 issue miniseries by design. If you loved that and haven't read X-Men Gold (2018) #30 you definitely should. That then leads into Mr. & Mrs. X (2018-2019) which was really always probably going to be a 12 issue maxi series at most and is a must for most fans of these characters. All 2019 X-Men series were canceled by late summer according to long running plans to make way for Jonathan Hickman's take over of the X-books starting with 3 months of only two titles - House of X and Powers of X. Rogue and Gambit do not appear in these. They are now appearing in the Dawn of X relaunched Excalibur (2019) series by Tini Howard which came out late in October and is currently on issue 2. Thankfully Gambit and Rogue are still together, though if you read up this thread you will see fans are having some mixed feelings over their characterization and depiction so far. Also you might want to at least review the wiki summary for HoX/PoX before starting if you don't read those series because it established the new status quo for all X-books. The art at least is gorgeous and I do think they'll have some big developments coming in this book. Just hoping the writer gets a better feel for their voices and personalities at some point. But it's an ok story overall.

Whew, sorry that was wordy. Hope that answers your question?

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post

Rogue and Gambit ( 2018) by Kelly Thompson was a 5 issue miniseries by design. If you loved that and haven't read X-Men Gold (2018) #30 you definitely should. That then leads into Mr. & Mrs. X (2018-2019) which was really always probably going to be a 12 issue maxi series at most and is a must for most fans of these characters. All 2019 X-Men series were canceled by late summer according to long running plans to make way for Jonathan Hickman's take over of the X-books starting with 3 months of only two titles - House of X and Powers of X. Rogue and Gambit do not appear in these. They are now appearing in the Dawn of X relaunched Excalibur (2019) series by Tini Howard which came out late in October and is currently on issue 2. Thankfully Gambit and Rogue are still together, though if you read up this thread you will see fans are having some mixed feelings over their characterization and depiction so far. Also you might want to at least review the wiki summary for HoX/PoX before starting if you don't read those series because it established the new status quo for all X-books. The art at least is gorgeous and I do think they'll have some big developments coming in this book. Just hoping the writer gets a better feel for their voices and personalities at some point. But it's an ok story overall.

Damn perfectly worded. Great explanation.

Just want to add to Mr and Mrs X. Words seriously can’t do that series justice. It was an extremely addictive read and high level storytelling/writing at its finest. Rogue and Gambit had never been written better. That’s partially what makes these last 2 issues from Tini so frustrating. She has some amazing material to study up on right there in front of her in the form of Mr and Mrs X. That’s how you write a married Rogue/Gambit. All that being said, Excalibur has been good but damn it could be so much better.

I wonder if it goes deeper. I finally caught up on HOX/POX this morning (work has been insane the last few months), and I have mixed feelings about it. Part of me appreciates how coldly brilliant and high concept it is. It is an amazing intellectual achievement on Hickman's part. But I don't think I recognized a single damn character in it. Everyone felt like these stiff puppets that he moved around and that acted out rituals of a new world and that talked about ideology and philosophy in the most abstract terms. You could have replaced every single character with OCs and not affected any part of the story.

So, yeah, I think Marvel is going for concept over character with the X-Men at the moment, and it makes me sad.

I wonder if it goes deeper. I finally caught up on HOX/POX this morning (work has been insane the last few months), and I have mixed feelings about it. Part of me appreciates how coldly brilliant and high concept it is. It is an amazing intellectual achievement on Hickman's part. But I don't think I recognized a single damn character in it. Everyone felt like these stiff puppets that he moved around and that acted out rituals of a new world and that talked about ideology and philosophy in the most abstract terms. You could have replaced every single character with OCs and not affected any part of the story.

So, yeah, I think Marvel is going for concept over character with the X-Men at the moment, and it makes me sad.
    I have to agree.

As mixed as people were over Rosenberg's UXM and as little attention as AoXM got, I actually enjoyed and recognized the characters in those stories a lot better for the most part. Drunken Cyke blasting beer bottles is far more recognizable to me than Dad-clops in the latest X-Men issue or loyal boyscout in HoX. And the loss of continuity from UXM/AoXM to here is just annoying and baffling. He had 1 eye at the end of UXM! 1 eye!!! How the hell did he get it back prior to his resurrection? Was it even his 1st resurrection? How much time has passed and will they ever even explain any of this? I don't even care about Cyke at all and it still bugs me.

Worse yet, MMX had a loyal following and a great writer. We had major forward development for Rogue's power control, Gambit taking ownership of his dichotomy, and major maturation in their relationship. It all feels a little lost now with no explanation of why we got here.

And what about Jubilee and Jono? We don't see them speak, to or of each other. They were basically together in GenX, a book I loved. Did they break up over him ditching Shogo or is there weirdness over him being dead? Seems like some confrontation would be in order. This is the stuff I want to see dammit.

Even Laura seems super bizarre. Why is she separated from Gabby? Why would she be resentful of Logan?! Who was dead? Who she mourned and helped search for?

WTF is going on? And there seems to be some implication that they don't have to and won't be explaining any of this. Which if true seems very disrespectful to the books that came immediately before and to the readers who enjoyed them.

But as long as sales are good I suppose they just don't care.

I have to agree.

As mixed as people were over Rosenberg's UXM and as little attention as AoXM got, I actually enjoyed and recognized the characters in those stories a lot better for the most part. Drunken Cyke blasting beer bottles is far more recognizable to me than Dad-clops in the latest X-Men issue or loyal boyscout in HoX. And the loss of continuity from UXM/AoXM to here is just annoying and baffling. He had 1 eye at the end of UXM! 1 eye!!! How the hell did he get it back prior to his resurrection? Was it even his 1st resurrection? How much time has passed and will they ever even explain any of this? I don't even care about Cyke at all and it still bugs me.

Worse yet, MMX had a loyal following and a great writer. We had major forward development for Rogue's power control, Gambit taking ownership of his dichotomy, and major maturation in their relationship. It all feels a little lost now with no explanation of why we got here.

And what about Jubilee and Jono? We don't see them speak, to or of each other. They were basically together in GenX, a book I loved. Did they break up over him ditching Shogo or is there weirdness over him being dead? Seems like some confrontation would be in order. This is the stuff I want to see dammit.

Even Laura seems super bizarre. Why is she separated from Gabby? Why would she be resentful of Logan?! Who was dead? Who she mourned and helped search for?

WTF is going on? And there seems to be some implication that they don't have to and won't be explaining any of this. Which if true seems very disrespectful to the books that came immediately before and to the readers who enjoyed them.

We can just assume Cyke's eye was healed by one of the many healers on the island. Now I wish someone would help Karma out with her leg... or what about Forge's missing parts?

I have to agree.

I'm the kind of reader that can have a favorite issue just because of one specific character interaction, even if the rest of the issue was poor. I rather have a downtime issue with just these beats then to have them off-panel becasue the writer instead wanted to focus on the plot.

Atm I wouldn't say no to an issue where Banshee-Siryn meets for the first time since resurrection. Rogue-Gambit discuss there feelings about living on Krakoa. Jubilee-Jono. Synch-Skin-rest of GenX. Laura speaking to the characters close to her about Krakoa instead of teaming up with Cable Jr and Kwannon. Reactions to Sinister living on Krakoa. Pretty much all of the vilians.

Extraordinary Member

Oh I read the wedding, i feel that the Kitty piotr situation kinda tainted it, but i am glad they tied the knot. Excalibur has not captured me though, I was ready for more fun adventures with them

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Oh I read the wedding, i feel that the Kitty piotr situation kinda tainted it, but i am glad they tied the knot. Excalibur has not captured me though, I was ready for more fun adventures with them
    Ah, ok. Sorry if I went overboard, just wasn't sure how caught up you were.

Yeah, I mean we're only 2 issues in so there's plenty of time to turn this around a bit. They don't need to be the stars of the book or even the major focus if we could just get good characterizations and hopefully an explanation toward Rogue's power situation.

I'll just keep hopelessly waiting for some sense of continuity.