Page 130 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2671

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    Are you even allowed to plant portal jump when your pregnant? Maybe it’s like flying when you are nine months and she has to get a note from her doctor. And it probably has to be written in krakoan, so it just a whole thing.
    Is it weird that I'm thinking Rogue being knocked up would probably be the ONLY situation where I'd see them wanting to live on Krakoa? Like it would be a safe haven in that specific instance maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Is it weird that I'm thinking Rogue being knocked up would probably be the ONLY situation where I'd see them wanting to live on Krakoa? Like it would be a safe haven in that specific instance maybe?
    I see Romy as couple that would travel with kid around the world all the time in a small bus and showing kid all the beauty and ugly sides of world then being locked in heaven.

You know what, I’m actually willing to bet that we might actually see some Romy babies. The entire run of MMX has some connotations to children, from Xandra to Spiral’s soul to them actually ending the series with a discussion on babies. R&G ended with the whole wedding Easter egg thing and lo and behold, they really did get married even though KT was against the idea initially.

Plus, there are other things that could make babies a possibiiity; they weren’t featured in any of the hox/pox promo (hence we don’t know what Rogue actually looks like currently), there is at least a 5-month time jump since MMX, Rogue in her 90s costume in Excalibur because she’s going through “some changes” (Marcus To also confirmed that they are indeed still married) (Maybe they went with the classic 90s look on the cover to keep things neutral as opposed to straight out drawing a pregnant Rogue on the cover to avoid spoilers) and Tini’s comment about a birth. Story-wise, assuming that mutants are finally living in utopia, it would be the perfect time to bring babies into the world (unless they’re a complete accident on Romy’s behalf lmao). Also, it’s been a while since there have been a birth amongst the X-Men (who was the last one? Jamie and Layla?).

Sooooooo.......

That would be a jumping off point to me. That's not a development I want for Rogue (or Gambit, for that matter).

I don`t believe that they will have babies soon but I didn`t believe that Marvel will ever let them get married.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    That would be a jumping off point to me. That's not a development I want for Rogue (or Gambit, for that matter).
    I don`t want it too. At least now.

Honestly a child only limits or weighs a character down as much as a writer allows it to. Why everyone treats it like character death makes no sense to me. For several characters I have really liked the growth parenthood brought to their character (see Jessica Drew, Jubilee, Canonball). Also, the fact Rogue and Gambit as characters have explicitly yeared for family and children on panel over the years also makes me want to see that actually come to fruition. And we only have a limited time before Marvel splits them up to accomplish that.

But do I think Marvel will, at least any time soon? My guess is still a solid no. It would be a bold move.

Then again, Hickman is responsible for Canonball and Smasher having a baby, right?

Think the baby idea is terrible for a team book unless the kid is somehow aged. Would be better for their own series or a mini where you can show them raising the kid away from the X-men. To make it a bit different maybe have the kid be raised in the past instead of the future like some of the other stories. Would also mesh well with Gambit already having a time traveling past.

During the whole Messiah complex stuff, I had a bit of fan fic that Hope was in fact Gambit and Rogue's child. Story basically went that in most futures with the Witness, we don't see Rogue because she died in childbirth or shortly thereafter. Rogue being her mother would explain why her powers were similar to Rogue's. The Witness takes the child and knowing her destiny because he sees all things puts Hope in the path of Gambit and the Marauders as a means to fulfill that destiny. It would be a bit of serendipity that her father saves her in order for her to save her mother with none of them knowing the truth. Further stories would reveal as well that the ultimate plan of the Witness was to find a way to prevent Rogue from dying in childbirth in the first place.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

I think when Tini Howard said we would be witnessing a "birth," she meant the birth of mutant magic, not a live human birth.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I think when Tini Howard said we would be witnessing a "birth," she meant the birth of mutant magic, not a live human birth.
    Of course. Our faves are in limbo. It is just not a lot to talk about here

That is my assumption as well.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    During the whole Messiah complex stuff, I had a bit of fan fic that Hope was in fact Gambit and Rogue's child. Story basically went that in most futures with the Witness, we don't see Rogue because she died in childbirth or shortly thereafter. Rogue being her mother would explain why her powers were similar to Rogue's. The Witness takes the child and knowing her destiny because he sees all things puts Hope in the path of Gambit and the Marauders as a means to fulfill that destiny. It would be a bit of serendipity that her father saves her in order for her to save her mother with none of them knowing the truth. Further stories would reveal as well that the ultimate plan of the Witness was to find a way to prevent Rogue from dying in childbirth in the first place.
    Sounds like a great story.

Of course. We’re just bored.

All I’m saying is that I wouldn’t be as surprised as I was the first time with the wedding if something like this actually happened

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Think the baby idea is terrible for a team book unless the kid is somehow aged. Would be better for their own series or a mini where you can show them raising the kid away from the X-men. To make it a bit different maybe have the kid be raised in the past instead of the future like some of the other stories. Would also mesh well with Gambit already having a time traveling past.

It would be a great Maxi series.

Incredible Member

If we need older kids...the grey kids are just right there!

My biggest take away is they it seems Marcus To might be more of a canary than Tini since he’s giving us the goods. (Of course the fact that gambit and rogue being married is considered a “good” shows how little info there is. ) So Thanks, Marcus!

He also liked my tweet mentioning I hope that he and Tini continue KT’s legacy of finding spots for shirtless gambit and sexy rambit, so I’m also assuming that is now their #1 top priority for the book.